Thread: 2017 Rookie RB Dynasty Rankings

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default 2017 Rookie RB Dynasty Rankings

Hi all. My main league is a 14 team dynasty format. My focus this year is I really need to rebuild my RB corps.

Interested to hear your top 10 or 15 ranked rookie RBs this year for a *dynasty setting* as I'll probably look to snag at least 2 (maybe 3 or 4). Basic settings are half-point per reception, 1 point per 10 yards rushing, some bonuses for really high rushing yardage in a game, long TDs, etc.

*Note: By pointing out the dynasty setting, I mean that catching someone who produces sooner rather than later is nice, but I'm more interested in trying to accurately gauge/guess a player's longer term outlook and impact beyond this upcoming season, such as when I happily snagged David Johnson a bit higher than the rankings would have suggested a few years ago (rest assured, there have been plenty of swings and misses over the years too -- damn that Lawrence Maroney).

Appreciate your thoughts.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar//Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez/Edvinsson/York/Gudas(IR)/Tanev
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov/DeSmith

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: 2017 Rookie RB Dynasty Rankings

My top 5 rookie RB's:

1) Fournette- he'll get the opportunity right out of the gate and given the pedigree will also have along leash
    2) Cook- a long list of off field issues and he was still the 3rd RB off the board. Given the QB situation, he'll be catching a lot of dump offs right out of the gate.
    3) Mixon- one significant incident dropped him down to the 2nd round. Viewed as the most talented back in the draft. I don't know how I feel about the situation though
    4) CMC- I like the versatility of this guy. He should have more value in ppr leagues. If all goes well, he can be a Reggie Bush type player
    5) Williams- Hyde is made of glass and there has been enough smoke around Williams having a decent role as a rookie.

I haven't given much thought to the other RB's from this years class but probably will have an opinion on them closer to kick off

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Mixon
    McCaffrey
    Fournette
    Cook
    Hunt
    Jamall Williams
    Kamara
    Perine
    Mack
    Foreman

Dobber Sports Veteran

So here's where I'm at in terms of Top 10 rookie RB rankings at the moment. We'll see how camp and pre-season change my views, but here goes:

1) Fournette
    2) Mixon
    3) McCaffrey
    4) Hunt
    5) Cook
    6) Perine
    7) Joe Williams
    8) Jamaal Wlilliams
    9) Mack
    10) Kamara

W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez/Edvinsson/York/Gudas(IR)/Tanev

Fournette
    Mixon
    McCaffrey
    Jamaal Williams
    Perine
    Cook
    Joe Williams
    Foreman
    Kamara
    Hunt or McNichols

Personally I think Cook is a bust, but I have to rank as high as I did due to his draft capital. Kamara, Hunt and McNichols you can flip a coin. Kamara has the best land spot of em.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Mixon - based on talent alone I would rank him #1 on this list... I am just afraid that he might have some 2 and 4 game suspensions here and there... oh wait.. Bell has had those and is still a top two RB in the league... never mind!!

Fournette - Is the worhorse back right from the get go
    McCaffrey - it is a ppr league i think he becomes dominant in this type of league.
    Perine - I don't think Washington likes Fat Rob enough to hold this kid out.
    Jamaal Williams
    Cook

Thats as good as I can rank them... Thats as far as I have researched cause that is all that will likely go in my league.

Dobber Sports Stud

Fournette
    Mixon

McCaffrey
    Cook

Hunt
    Mack
    Perine
    Jamaal Williams
    Kamara
    Joe Williams
    12 Team HTH Keeper
    (F's G=1 A=1, D G=1 A=1, All Skaters PPG=.5, SHG=.5 Goalies W=2 SO=3)

Dress 8 F, 4 D, 2 G weekly

F's-Marner, Rantanen, Crosby, Panarin, Guentzel, Caufield, Kaprizov, Lundell, Tomasino, Holtz, Pavelski, Zuccarello, Hagel, Dach

D-Makar, Josi, Doughty Andersson, AP, Hutson

G-Hellebuyck, Fleury, Comrie, Kochetkov, Wolf, Primeau, Sogaard

Quote Originally Posted by Yonald View Post
    Fournette
    Mixon

McCaffrey
    Cook

Hunt
    Mack
    Perine
    Jamaal Williams
    Kamara
    Joe Williams
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Mixon - based on talent alone I would rank him #1 on this list... I am just afraid that he might have some 2 and 4 game suspensions here and there... oh wait.. Bell has had those and is still a top two RB in the league... never mind!!

Fournette - Is the worhorse back right from the get go
    McCaffrey - it is a ppr league i think he becomes dominant in this type of league.
    Perine - I don't think Washington likes Fat Rob enough to hold this kid out.
    Jamaal Williams
    Cook

Thats as good as I can rank them... Thats as far as I have researched cause that is all that will likely go in my league.
    ...and that's the way to do it, Tiers. Never mind who's at one or two or three spot. Rank you're platers by tiers and you'll have a better draft.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Veteran

So a month of camp and 3 preseason games are in the books. There've been some good performances, things that have left us wanting (or wondering) a little more, injuries, etc. So perhaps now is a good time to revisit this for those of us preparing to draft in a dynasty setting.

Interested to hear your top 5-10 rookie RBs (half-point PPR) in dynasty formats. Have your rankings changed?

Dobber Sports Padawan

My ranking have definitely changed:

#1= CMC- previously had him at 4. He moves like Marshall Faulk and even though he received only 1 check down from Cam last game, I've seen all I need to see. TD upside isn't there this year but he's going to be a big part of this offense.
    #2= Cook- no change. He might concede TD's to Murray but will offer top 10 production in year 1.
    #3= Fournette- previously had him at 1. Having a history of foot problems throughout college and missing time in the preseason is no good. If healthy should be given many touches but I would rather take Cook or CMC
    #4= Hunt- hadn't ranked him before because I think Ware is a better back than given credit for. Hunt was going to get touches with Ware in the lineup and now he's gone for the season. Not as talented as the backs listed above but opportunity in a RB friendly system is there
    #5= Mixon- had him ranked 3 based on talent alone. I haven't seen anything during the preseason that makes me think he's going to be better than the RB's above. The Bengals oline is reason for concern in year 1 and he seems to have the most murky situation. Still top 5 because of talent but has the most murky situation right now

Dobber Sports Expert

Short Term (this season)
    Hunt, Fournette, Cook (because of volume), McCaffrey, Kamara, Mack, Perine, Jamaal Williams, Foreman

Long Term (next season and beyond):
    Mixon, McCaffrey, Hunt, Fournette, Kamara, Cook, Mack, Jamaal Williams, Perine, Foreman

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Mixon
    McCaffrey
    Fournette
    Cook
    Hunt
    Jamall Williams
    Kamara
    Perine
    Mack
    Foreman
    No. Have not changed based off of 3 meaningless preseason games.

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    No. Have not changed based off of 3 meaningless preseason games.
    Ditto
    @SmittysRant