Thread: Tell me about the goalies I inherited- REP!!!

The Great One

Default Tell me about the guys i inherited!!!

New team with deep farm system. Would love to get insight on my goalie prospects. Im pretty happy with my starters- its daily starts with 2 goalie starts. Im running AnderSEN as my main with all 82 ofCalgarys tandem locked up as my 2nd/3rd (Smith and Lack), with saaros as my 4th and also future starter. i love the Calgary starts as theyll be rock solid defensively and more than happy with saaros as my number 4. With that framework- ive been offered quite a few a different trade scenarios for Korpi. I like him a lot and had not been of the mind to trade him- but figured I should get some feedback on my other goaltending assets before I made a decision. I dont need an "heir apparent" but hoping for enough of a pipeline that I have a shot at at least one real potential starter asset inside of a 2-4 year window...

Korpisalo- from what I stand he has progressed solidly and has short term value as an injury replacement to Bobo. Does he have starter upside ala Talbot, Raanta, Darling??

Dylan Wells- listed as a C- through dobbers rankings- Ive also read a hockeywriters article tentatively pencilling him in as the oils tender of the future. Apparently had a dominant season in the O. Long distance starter potential??

Zane MacIntyre- a showing inside the top 80 of dobbers rankings. Is depth an issue here being so far behind Rask and Co? Starter potential?? Even backup potential?

Jeremy Helvig- potential late bloomer. Ovr ager already confirmed to take anothe year in juniors but apparently has been called the best goaltender in the OHL. Hail mary chance to be an impactful asset at the nhl level???

Miroslav Svboda- Is this guy a straight dropper???

I know next to nothing about most of these guys outside Korpi. Would love feedback on any of them...

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Tell me about the guys i inherited!!!

Korpisalo is in a good spot in Columbus. Bob has been very injury prone in the past and now Korpisalo is the clear backup (without Forsberg out of town). He's played well in relief of Bob. I don't see him as ever becoming a full time starter in the nhl, but he's in one of the better backup spots.
    McIntyre is a solid prospect, but has even less of a chance than Korpisalo of ever starting. I think he's passed Subban on the Bruins' depth chart, but Rask is gonna be the starter for a long, long time and they've also got Daniel Vladar in the system, who is probably the goalie of the future. McIntyre definitely has NHL potential, but as a backup.
    I read that same article you read about Dylan Wells. Was a very informative article. The problem is that Talbot is gonna be the starter for a lot longer, and the Oilers also just drafted Stuart Skinner, who is no worse than Wells. If I was acquiring one, I'd try to get the other one as well. But it's gonna be a long wait for either one. They both might have starter potential, though.
    The other two are easy drops for me.

GET WELL SOON, DOBBER.

Dobber Sports Titan

Korpi is a good goalie, so you need a solid return for him.
    McIntyre seems to be projecting well too, but he's a year or two behind Korpi.

I don't know much about Wells, but what sticks in the back of my head is that I have heard good things (mind you all prospects get talked up).

My brother played with Helvig when they were in their early teen years. He was a late bloomer then too. He is definitely a few years away, but I could see a Parsons like showing this coming year that really bumps his stock.

Never heard of Svboda.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

Default Tell me about the goalies I inherited- REP!!!

Im very interested in figuring out what I inherited in a long standing and very deep dynasty league with farm systems.

Dylan Wells- seems to have had a lot of hype based on articles like the one Ill post at the end of this blurb- but Broissot seems to be the heir apparent? Does this guy still have potential as a longer term asset?? Im ok waiting- just dont see him in dobbers top 100 and not sure if this articles out of date- lol! Apparently John Griggs has referred to him as the best goalie in the OHL this year. Does he even have starter potential?? Dobber rating C-
    Article: http://thehockeywriters.com/dylan-we...s-goaltending/

Zane McIntyre- C rating on HF and 60 or so rating on dobbers rankings- with another C grade on dobberprospects. That being said he apparently had a dominant season despite the poor showing in his NHL callup. I know nothing about this guy? Any real upside? Longer wait behind Rask??? Starter potential?

Jeremy Helvig- Late bloomer? Going back to the frontenacs as an overager but had a pretty dominant season in the O. Dobberprospects have him as a C+ any real upside here?

Miroslav Svboda- Is he straight froppable? Not reading a lot of anything- never mind good things :P

Joonas Korpisaalo

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Tell me about the goalies I inherited- REP!!!

I don't see Brossoit becoming a starting goalie, so I wouldn't worry about him. Anyways, it's way too early to know what will happen in 5-6 years when Wells is truly ready. It's just too early to worry about his situation or his path to become a starting goalie. There will be many more goalie prospects who challenge his spot in Edmonton but if he's good enough, he'll get there eventually. I don't know if he will (no one does) but I think he's a decent prospect right now.

I don't see McIntyre becoming a starting goalie either but he has passed Subban in Boston, so he's a decent bet to become an NHL goalie at least.

I play in very deep leagues (see my signature for details), and I've never heard of Helvig or Svboda, so I think that says a lot about them.

Dobber Sports Deity

I'd rank them:

Korpisalo
    McIntyre
    Wells

I cant rank the others as I am not familiar with them.

Korpisalo has proven he can play in the NHL so he's the clear #1 and also someone CBJ didn't want to expose/lose to the expansion draft.

I like McIntyre. I am not sure he will ever be an NHL starter but he certainly has the ability to be a decent NHL backup. He was dominate last year in the AHL so that is always a good sign. His time in the NHL wasn't quite as stellar but that isn't out of the norm for young goalies. I think the Bruins like him a lot more than any other young goalie they have in their system at this point in time.

Wells is an interesting one as well but could end up being the best of the three I ranked. I am just not willing to put him there yet because he's still a Jr goalie and we have seen plenty of them look great in Jr and then struggle as a pro. He will be at Team Canada's summer eval camp for the 2018 WJC. Unfortunately, so will DiPietro and Carter Hart so the chances of him making the team are not great, but not out of the question either. He definitely has starter potential, but as I say, a lot of kids do in Jr.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Hey not quite sure how I made a duplicate thread here but I seem to have- the other one titled "Tell me about the goalies Ive inherited".

In any case appreciate the feedback here. Im not able to rep you Jouko because I guess its too soon since the last time- lol! Always appreciate your input though- this was very helpful again!

Thanks Axe- same goes- love the insight!

The summer seems like the best time to get solid info around here- and starting my 1st dynasty/cap league- Im really appreciative of that...

The Great One

Thanks guys!! Thats already more than I knew and very helpful. I repped where i could but EB its been too soon since the last time I repped you- but really appreciate the info nonetheless.

Ive got a lot of interest in Korpisalo in my new league- I think based on the fact that its a very deep dynasty. Nice to know where all these guys rank as I consif=der moving him...

Dobber Sports Deity

I'll merge them for you
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."