View Poll Results: Which skaters peaked early?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tyson Barrie (career high to date = 53 points)

16 25.00%
  • John Carlson (55 points)

15 23.44%
  • Matt Duchene (71 points)

25 39.06%
  • Oliver Ekman-Larsson (55 points)

3 4.69%
  • Justin Faulk (49 points)

5 7.81%
  • Taylor Hall (80 points)

31 48.44%
  • Ryan Johansen (71 points)

4 6.25%
  • Tyler Johnson (72 points)

49 76.56%
  • Roman Josi (61 points)

10 15.63%
  • John Klingberg (58 points)

10 15.63%
  • Evgeni Kuznetsov (77 points)

14 21.88%
  • Gabriel Landeskog (65 points)

37 57.81%
  • Ryan O'Reilly (64 points)

11 17.19%
  • Ondrej Palat (63 points)

21 32.81%
  • Artemi Panarin (77 points)

15 23.44%
  • Tyler Seguin (84 points)

4 6.25%
  • John Tavares (86 points)

12 18.75%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: CAGE MATCH TOURNAMENT #1 - Early Peakers - VOTE HERE

The Great One

Default CAGE MATCH TOURNAMENT #1 - Early Peakers - VOTE HERE

Yes - you read the title correctly; it's summer cage match tournament time!

Since I just did a three part series on when players supposedly peak, I figured why not incorporate that concept into summer cage match tournaments? So this week I assembled a list of 17 skaters whom I believe are at risk for having already produced their best single season point total despite the fact that as of October 4, 2017 (which is the first day of the 2017-18 campaign) they?ll each still be younger than the supposed ?peak? age for their position according to my recent columns (i.e., 28.24 for defensemen, 27.73 for forwards). So that means to be eligible for the tournament, a defenseman must have been born no earlier than June 7, 1989 and a forward on or after January 13, 1990

Who should get your vote(s)? Whichever of the 17 players you think will never again - not in 2017-18 or ANY future season - score more than his current single season best point total, which is denoted in parentheses next to his name.

Can you vote for more than one player? Yes! In fact you can (and should) vote for as many players as you think have already posted their career best single season point total. In other words, don't just vote for the one player you think is least likely to ever top his current single season best point total -- vote for ALL players you think won't do so. That way the results will be more informative.

I'll come back on Wednesday to paste the link to the associated column, which will include a lot more key information about the players and why I think they belong on the list, plus several disqualifying factors (e.g., no one whose career high is 90+ being included, as well as no one who set a career high last season). But go ahead and vote now if you prefer - just be sure to vote with your head, not your heart, so that way the results can best benefit your fellow Dobberites in evaluating these players.

Next week will be the second tournament, where we'll do a 180 and look at forwards who might not have peaked despite the fact that they were born earlier than January 13, 1990.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: CAGE MATCH TOURNAMENT #1 - Early Peakers - VOTE HERE

I voted Landeskog. Also think Palat might have peaked.
    20 team keeper: 20 players. no farm.
    Goals=2 pts---Assists=1 pt-----DG=3-----Wins=3.5-----SO=4

G: Sorokin....Bobrovsky
    D: Fox....Bouchard....Letang....Heiskanen....Perunovi ch....Zellweger....Toews....Ekholm

F: Eichel....Caufield....J Robertson....W Nylander....Kucherov
    Eklund....W Johnston....Peterka....Fiala....Bratt

2012 Third Place
    2013 Runner Up
    2014 Iron League Champion
    2015 Iron League Champion
    2016 Runner-Up
    2017 Third Place

2018 4th
    2019 18th-rebuild

2020 10th
    2021 8th
    2022 7th

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Princeton View Post
    I voted Landeskog. Also think Palat might have peaked.
    Thanks for the interest and vote. Remember though - you can (and should!) vote for all players on the list who you think already peaked. You're not limited to just one vote.

And it's amazing that after only 5 votes a full 13 of the 17 players have at least one vote. Hopefully that means I chose the list well.
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Jedi

Tyler Johnson & Matt Duchene were my picks. I have a hard time believing either will see 70 again. Duchene's 70pt season was a couple years ago. perhaps he sees 65+ again, but that won't be his norm - only way I see myself as wrong is if he ends up in a perfect setting for him and a perfect storm gathers.

TJ. his season seemed an outlier from the beginning. 55-60pt guy
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I voted for 6 guys. (Ranked by likelihood) Johnson, Hall, Tavares, Landeskog, Duchene, Panarin.

Six may seem like a lot, but in today's game many players peak early and never repeat again.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Irriducibile11 View Post
    I voted for 6 guys. (Ranked by likelihood) Johnson, Hall, Tavares, Landeskog, Duchene, Panarin.

Six may seem like a lot, but in today's game many players peak early and never repeat again.
    Interestingly I voted for five of the same six, swapping in Carlson for Duchene.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Interestingly I voted for five of the same six, swapping in Carlson for Duchene.
    You're a good man.

Carlson was kinda honorable mention, but I think he's the #1 offensive and PP option in the entire system for a high-powered team. As long as Washington is the team it's been over the last 2 years, I wouldn't exclude a 56-point season. Kinda like Duncan Keith. Also Keith had "only" two seasons with more than 55 pts, with 4 years in between them.

Thus, it seems a little more likely than Duchene getting 72 one day.

Dobber Sports Monster

Voted Landeskog and Johnson. Think much of the rest should be able to reach or get near to their career high point totals.

Dobber Sports Giant

voted johnson. no way he hits 72 again.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO