Thread: New Dynasty Keeper League

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default New Dynasty Keeper League

I don't know if there's another place to post this, so I'll try here.

I have been in a dynasty league for 4 years now and love it. It's the league I have in my signature.

Only problem is, it's not nearly as active as I would like. Only about 6 or 7 owners are constantly active on it.

I was planning on starting a new dynasty league on ESPN (could also use Fantrax I'm just not familiar with it) and I figured there isn't a more diehard fantasy hockey crown than on Dobber.

I would like to keep the league at 12 teams and use the same categories as in my signature, but I'm open to suggestions.

If if anybody is interested feel free to comment or message me, I would really love to get this league up and running. I haven't drafted in 4 years so I'm excited to hopefully be able to do that again.

Again, I'm sorry if this isn't the place to post this.
    - 12 team, 40 keeper dynasty league
    - Scoring categories for skaters: G, A, PIM, HIT, BLK, STP, FOW, SOG, +/-, DEF, ATOI
    - Scoring categories for goalies: W, SV, SV%, SO, GAA
    - Start 12F, 6D, 3UTIL, 3 min goalie starts a week
    - Starters in bold

Forwards: MacKinnon, Tarasenko, Tavares, Panarin, Johansen, Ehlers, E. Kane, Lee, Huberdeau, Horvat, Kessel, Pastrnak, Keller, Pacioretty, Meier, Fabbri, Sikura, Zacha, Burakovsky, Spooner, Jost, Roussel, Kaprizov, Cirelli, Berglund,

Defense: Pietrangelo, Parayko, Dumba, Faulk, Provorov, Muzzin, McAvoy, Carlson, Nurse, Del Zotto, Borowiecki, Russell

Goalies: Jones, Vasilevskiy, Raanta, Keumper, Remier, Demko

Default Re: New Dynasty Keeper League

Might be interested. Sending you a PM
    16 teams Dynasty H2H, 25 Pro 17 Farm 4C 4LW 4RW 6D 1G 6B
    Cats: G, A, P, PPP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV%

C: Mackinnon, Matthews, Seguin(RW), Stamkos(LW/RW), Couturier
    LW: E. Kane, Pacioretty, Rakell(RW), Miller(RW), Palat, Johnsson
    RW: Voracek, Dadonov(LW), Pavelski(C), Eberle, Olofsson
    D: Burns, Jones, Ristolainen, Gustafsson, Weber, Fowler, D.Toews
    G: Hellebucyk, Varlamov, Mrazek

Farm: R.Suzuki, Garland, Kostin, A.Thomas, Appleton,
    Kahun, Marody, Dorofeyev, Paul, Lizotte, Fox, ¨Perunovich, Beaudin, Rosen, Walker, Brook

Dobber Sports Stud

there is a league classified section towards the bottom of the page for this kind of stuff

best of luck finding some great owners
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
    there is a league classified section towards the bottom of the page for this kind of stuff

best of luck finding some great owners
    Moved to appropriate location on the forums.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

should be in classifieds - a mod will move it, not to worry. A couple suggestions from my experience over the past couple years joining various dynasty/keeper leagues.

- use fantrax, once you familiarize yourself, you'll fall in love
    - nail down the core category, type of pool settings before sending invites (having a couple other pool members to help set up a pool, not a bad idea either) having 12 people provide opinions on each category, scoring system creates a tonne of headaches for the Commish.
    - start growing thicker skin, owners complain
    - do not make in-season changes to anything, unless it is directly inhibiting the GM's and it was not your intention.
    - end of season identify what worked what didn't - depending on what it is, hold a vote with the pool - listen to suggestions from other poolies to make the league better.
    - be ready to replace 1 to 4 owners at seasons end. a pool with strangers will have more turnover than 12 buddies

Inclusion will make your pool stronger and owners more committed.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    should be in classifieds - a mod will move it, not to worry. A couple suggestions from my experience over the past couple years joining various dynasty/keeper leagues.

- use fantrax, once you familiarize yourself, you'll fall in love
    - nail down the core category, type of pool settings before sending invites (having a couple other pool members to help set up a pool, not a bad idea either) having 12 people provide opinions on each category, scoring system creates a tonne of headaches for the Commish.
    - start growing thicker skin, owners complain
    - do not make in-season changes to anything, unless it is directly inhibiting the GM's and it was not your intention.
    - end of season identify what worked what didn't - depending on what it is, hold a vote with the pool - listen to suggestions from other poolies to make the league better.
    - be ready to replace 1 to 4 owners at seasons end. a pool with strangers will have more turnover than 12 buddies

Inclusion will make your pool stronger and owners more committed.
    These are good tips. Another one I would suggest is to split up your commissioner responsibilities. Find owners that want to help out and do different tasks whether it is the draft, finding new owners, monitoring rosters, ect. It will make your job easier. Wish I did that when I ran a league.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    These are good tips. Another one I would suggest is to split up your commissioner responsibilities. Find owners that want to help out and do different tasks whether it is the draft, finding new owners, monitoring rosters, ect. It will make your job easier. Wish I did that when I ran a league.
    unless you know someone in the pool, be very careful who you select, maybe even wait until end of season to add a second person. I entered one pool where a second Commish was added, he went and messed around with teams rosters during the slow draft - up to and including temporarily dropping a player or trading them to his team and then back just to mess with people. Caution is all I'm suggesting
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Newbie

You still looking for owners, send me a PM. Not a lot of detail here, so would like more information.

Hey everyone! League is filling up! 4 spots left. $20 entry fee. Let me know if you're interested, will be a fun and extremely active league!
    - Scoring categories for skaters: G, A, PIM, HIT, BLK, STP, FOW, SOG, +/-, DEF, ATOI
    - Starters in bold

Forwards: MacKinnon, Tarasenko, Tavares, Panarin, Johansen, Ehlers, E. Kane, Lee, Huberdeau, Horvat, Kessel, Pastrnak, Keller, Pacioretty, Meier, Fabbri, Sikura, Zacha, Burakovsky, Spooner, Jost, Roussel, Kaprizov, Cirelli, Berglund,

Defense: Pietrangelo, Parayko, Dumba, Faulk, Provorov, Muzzin, McAvoy, Carlson, Nurse, Del Zotto, Borowiecki, Russell

Dobber Sports Newbie

I am interested, just need to know what you want me to do. I am a 20year vet at fantasy sports, 10+ in hockey, including deep leagues. I can provide references if you need them. Email me what I need to do next. Sounds like a great time.
    [email protected]

Dobber Sports Rookie

I am interested, saw this earlier but it looked like a free league. Cash leagues are great! Email is [email protected] for fantrax if there is still a spot

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnies View Post
    I am interested, just need to know what you want me to do. I am a 20year vet at fantasy sports, 10+ in hockey, including deep leagues. I can provide references if you need them. Email me what I need to do next. Sounds like a great time.
    [email protected]
    Email sent man! Really excited to have you on board. We can discuss settings once you join, but everything is pretty much ready to go minus some minor scoring setting changes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by traiken View Post
    I am interested, saw this earlier but it looked like a free league. Cash leagues are great! Email is [email protected] for fantrax if there is still a spot

Thanks
    Email sent! You're the last one so the league should be full! Great to have you in the league.
    - Starters in bold

Still need one more owner then our league will be full! If you join by tonight you will find out your draft order by tomorrow! $20 buy in plus $6.67 fee for fantrax premium league. DM me if interested!
    - Starters in bold

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by flyers0101 View Post
    Still need one more owner then our league will be full! If you join by tonight you will find out your draft order by tomorrow! $20 buy in plus $6.67 fee for fantrax premium league. DM me if interested!
    Still need a GM? I manage one other team (in Yahoo--never done Fantrax but sounds like fun; I'm looking for a dynasty league).
    I'm an addict with my current team. I've been a poolie since 2001. You will get complete commitment from me.
    Please let me know!
    My email: [email protected]
    PQMC
    12-team keeper
    G,A,PPP,FW,SOG,Hits,BLK
    W,GAA,SV,SV%

Keep 6F, 4D, 1G, 1NA

F: Barkov, Pettersson, Stutzle, K Connor, Giroux, Scheifele
    D: Q Hughes, Heiskanen, Theodore, Bouchard
    G: Demko
    NA: Korchinski

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Jerrodedson99 View Post
    Still need a GM? I manage one other team (in Yahoo--never done Fantrax but sounds like fun; I'm looking for a dynasty league).
    I'm an addict with my current team. I've been a poolie since 2001. You will get complete commitment from me.
    Please let me know!
    My email: [email protected]
    I've found another league. Thanks.
    PQMC
    12-team keeper
    G,A,PPP,FW,SOG,Hits,BLK
    W,GAA,SV,SV%

Keep 6F, 4D, 1G, 1NA

F: Barkov, Pettersson, Stutzle, K Connor, Giroux, Scheifele
    D: Q Hughes, Heiskanen, Theodore, Bouchard
    G: Demko
    NA: Korchinski