Thread: Moving Tuch

The Great One

Default Moving Tuch

So Im not in a hurry to move him but it seems like I could package him with a pick for a really solid short term asset (albeit one with salary problems).

Talking about Stepan plus a pick (2nd maybe3rd?)

Also have a discussion going about Perry and Kopitar. I know there contracts are behemoth but in the short term I could absorb the hit of one of themfor the next year or two. Not sure Tuch starts a conversation but wondering if its a pitch I should be considering.

Trouble starts in 2 years when auston Mathews gets his raise. Also have some young talent like E Lindholm and theodore who migght be due for raises down the line...

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Moving Tuch

There is no point giving up good assets to put yourself in a bad salary cap position. Go for a much cheaper alternative, though maybe a little less of a big name than Kopi or Perry. You will be better off both in the short term and the long term with that.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Moving Tuch

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    There is no point giving up good assets to put yourself in a bad salary cap position. Go for a much cheaper alternative, though maybe a little less of a big name than Kopi or Perry. You will be better off both in the short term and the long term with that.
    This.

Try to get some value guys, it doesn't make any sense to put yourself into a potential cap issue a few years down the road when a few years down the road is when you will be competing. It's going to be really difficult to flip any of those contracts.