Thread: My Tuch+ for Stepan?

The Great One

Default My Tuch+ for Stepan?

Team and League in sig.

I like Stepan and he fills a role providing needed forward depth on my roster. That being said my pipeline is weak and youth seems to be highly valued in this league. During talks there was a miscommunication where it ended up coming out that hed need more than a 3rd with Tuch to move Stepan- so obviously a second- could be this year or next year.

I was leery of just Tuch for Stepan. I think hes super intriguing albeit a ways away yet. I think Stepan has some upside but at this point with his contract youre gambling that he has to hit that upside just to justify his current salary.

So yea Im pretty sure this is a bad deal for me- but again being new to cap/dynasty leagues I wanted to double check...

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: My Tuch+ for Stepan?

Assuming you use his 6.5 mil cap hit?

At that price I wouldn't want Stepan, he's a consistent asset but about 55 points is the norm. He needs to be mid 60s to make the salary worth it, which I don't think he will get to.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by FinnishFlash View Post
    Assuming you use his 6.5 mil cap hit?

At that price I wouldn't want Stepan, he's a consistent asset but about 55 points is the norm. He needs to be mid 60s to make the salary worth it, which I don't think he will get to.
    Yea thats right. That being said I have extra salary and holes up front. That being sai auston matthews is in line for a monster raise coming in a couple years. Im more concerned as to wether Tuch plus a pick is too much to give up? The standing offer sounds like Tuch plus a second. I pick middle of each round

Dobber Sports Veteran

Are you contending this year?

Dobber Sports Wizard

I'm not a fan of Tuch but Stepan is what he is, a 55 point player being paid $6.5M which is a bit too much. See if you could get someone better if you have the cap space and you're willing to move a guy like Tuch. If you acquire Stepan now, trading him later might be difficult to do, so you're stuck with him then.

In a non-cap league, I would do this trade for sure. As said, not a big Tuch believer, and a 2nd round pick is nothing special.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    I'm not a fan of Tuch but Stepan is what he is, a 55 point player being paid $6.5M which is a bit too much. See if you could get someone better if you have the cap space and you're willing to move a guy like Tuch. If you acquire Stepan now, trading him later might be difficult to do, so you're stuck with him then.

In a non-cap league, I would do this trade for sure. As said, not a big Tuch believer, and a 2nd round pick is nothing special.
    This. I don't think Tuch or the 2nd is special, but I also don't think Stepan is good value for them. You're paying about 1.18 mil/pt and he doesn't move the needle on many of the other counting stats. I'd avoid.

What does the Bozak owner want for Bozak? Similar production but much cheaper.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by FinnishFlash View Post
    This. I don't think Tuch or the 2nd is special, but I also don't think Stepan is good value for them. You're paying about 1.18 mil/pt and he doesn't move the needle on many of the other counting stats. I'd avoid.

What does the Bozak owner want for Bozak? Similar production but much cheaper.
    This.. cheaper - cap wise and cheaper to acquire.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

Not sure Im a contender- just took over the team. Was middle of the pack last year based on my draft position and there are some stacked team. I think Im a bubble team.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Not sure Im a contender- just took over the team. Was middle of the pack last year based on my draft position and there are some stacked team. I think Im a bubble team.
    I'd hang onto what you have then, Stepan won't be the difference.

The Great One

What about just Tuch or Tuch and a 3rd. I kind of do like him in PHX...