Thread: EA Sports NHL Sim League

Dobber Sports Giant

Default EA Sports NHL Sim League

Hi all, I was at a brunch this weekend and one of the guys there was talking about his Sim League that was hosted on NHL 17. He was on the PS4 but he said it could be done on the XB1 too.

I have NHL 16 on XB1 and I was wondering if any of you have a Sim League or have done one on the 16. I'd love to be part of one if it can be done with an older copy (I could also get a copy of the 17 if needed). Basically, what I get from it is that you pick a team where your roster is yours or you can do a fantasy draft (very interested in a fantasy draft with cap but I'm OK with any scenario too). Then the schedule is out and you can sim or play the games vs the different opponents (managers or CPUs) while making roster adjustments throughout the season. The guy said that they usually do a full season in about 2 months or so.

I didn't get into specifics with him because he was a couple seats down from me but it seemed pretty cool from what I understood.

Do any of you have any extra info on these? Can it be done with the 2016 edition and if so, are any of you interested in starting one on XB1? I also have NHL 14 on the XB360 if needed (rosters would be older but it could still be fun).
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: EA Sports NHL Sim League

I know this feature was not available on NHL 16 or 17.....really stupid.

Hopefully it's in NHL 18.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: EA Sports NHL Sim League

I have heard about this... and would be extremely interested... just wish there was a way I could do it without a PS4 or Xbox1 or any gaming console. haha.