Thread: Trade advice - Conner McDavid for ...

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Trade advice - Conner McDavid for ...

I can trade Conner now to an Oiler diehard.

I would get back Sidney and Talbot (and Burikovsky), and I would thro in something else.

I need a goalie, and I need to win the league next year.

i'd have to shed more sal so Lundquist would be tradeed.

Also would anyone do Kane for Benn?
    KFHL - 14 Team H2H keeper,NHLsalcap, protect 17/20, (4D, 3X(C,RW,LW), 2G, filler to 20, plus 2IR) ten waivers picks per season.
    Cats Skaters: G/A/Pts/BLK/HITS/SOG/PIM/GWG/SHP/PPP; Goalies W/SO/GAA/SvPct/SOG
    C: Crosby, Kadri, RNH, Roslovic
    LW: Hall, Lindblom, Kubalic, Bratt, Lemieux, Gurianov
    RW: Palmieri, Niederreiter dropping soon, Wheeler
    D: Chabot, Josi, Gustafsson, Krug, McNabb
    G: Rask, Bishop, Binnington

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Trade advice - Conner McDavid for ...

first... I don't know if that's enough for Conner considering he's still cheap this year. It's not for another season his 12.5 cap hit takes affect. So... you'd be trading a 1m player who will put up 100+pts for an 8.7m player who will give you 90 and add a 4.5m goalie, forcing you to move your 8.5m goalie

Here, Talbot is an upgrade on Lundy but you're downgrading Conner. Having to make that secondary goalie move on a declining asset is going to be difficult.

Burakovsky either needs to be upgraded or I don't think I make this deal. Not when I can have Conner for dirt cheap this season
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Genius

Benn for Kane, no not in your set up. Points only yes. Don't move McD. Build your team around him and shed salary where needed. Although having Price and McD in a few years will be a pricey (lol) tandem. I wonder what Price would command if you dangled him in your league. And then, look to a cheaper option like Talbot, Dubby, Murray who will all put up fantastic numbers at half the price.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thx, you can get a lot for Price, but if I have any chance to win my league next year, he is my cornerstone, and I cant part ways with Carey.

I traded Ghost, Mckinnon, First rounder to obtain Price when he was injured two years ago.

I may stay the course and see if I can get lucky with a goalie through a waiver pick up or another trade.
    KFHL - 14 Team H2H keeper,NHLsalcap, protect 17/20, (4D, 3X(C,RW,LW), 2G, filler to 20, plus 2IR) ten waivers picks per season.
    Cats Skaters: G/A/Pts/BLK/HITS/SOG/PIM/GWG/SHP/PPP; Goalies W/SO/GAA/SvPct/SOG
    C: Crosby, Kadri, RNH, Roslovic
    LW: Hall, Lindblom, Kubalic, Bratt, Lemieux, Gurianov
    RW: Palmieri, Niederreiter dropping soon, Wheeler
    D: Chabot, Josi, Gustafsson, Krug, McNabb
    G: Rask, Bishop, Binnington

Dobber Sports Grand Master

You have Price and Lundqvist. I'm confused why you need a goalie. I would not trade McDavid for that package.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Last year I had price and Lundy and Lundy got hurt at the end. Before that he was not great. I am never happy with my tending.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by tropheus_guy View Post
    Last year I had price and Lundy and Lundy got hurt at the end. Before that he was not great. I am never happy with my tending.
    find a better 3rd goalie vs trading Connor for Talbot+ and then having to make a second move to get rid of Lundy. Talbot could get hurt just as easily as Lundy did last year as well.
    Gotta think Griess, M. Smith, Reimer would come at a much lower cost and fit nicely as your 3rd G
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Veteran

I dont understand why you would trade McDavid unless youre getting a completely ridiculous package in return. He is under 1 million this season...not sure how your league salary works but in my league he is by far the most valuable player in the league. Youre basically getting 3 players for the price of 1, or better.

If I had McDavid I would trade him for something along the lines of Klingberg and Kucherov +.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Titan

I can see the logic behind wanting to trade McD in your setup (same as NHL cap and only 14 teams).

1) I still think you can get more than that for McD, but it's not a bad return.
    2) Don't be so quick to dump Lundqvist. He's still a quality goalie, someone will come looking for one.
    3) Benn > Kane in your setup.
    4) Why do you just need to win the league next year? Why not the next 3 years?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)