Thread: Trade offer - Lundquist for Elliot

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Trade offer - Lundquist for Elliot

Hi, Would anyone do this trade? its for cap room - but every time I ditch a goalie, they turn it around (last year it was CraigAnderson).

Who thinks Lundquits is due for big year? And can Elliot take over in Philly? I dunno.

Thx in advance for your advice.
    KFHL - 14 Team H2H keeper,NHLsalcap, protect 17/20, (4D, 3X(C,RW,LW), 2G, filler to 20, plus 2IR) ten waivers picks per season.
    Cats Skaters: G/A/Pts/BLK/HITS/SOG/PIM/GWG/SHP/PPP; Goalies W/SO/GAA/SvPct/SOG
    C: Crosby, Kadri, RNH, Roslovic
    LW: Hall, Lindblom, Kubalic, Bratt, Lemieux, Gurianov
    RW: Palmieri, Niederreiter dropping soon, Wheeler
    D: Chabot, Josi, Gustafsson, Krug, McNabb
    G: Rask, Bishop, Binnington

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Trade offer - Lundquist for Elliot

Lundy's due to repeat last year. And no Elliot cannot take over in Philly or anywhere else. He's a placeholder until someone else is ready to take over. I'd find a better G to acquire - Darling/Raanta or hold Lundy & cut cap elsewhere
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Genius

I'd bite the bullet and keep Lundy. He'll get you 30-35 W and 2-3 shut outs like he's been doing over his last 4 years. In a dress 2 G, he is an upgrade over the inconsistent Elliot.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thx, I tend to agree - I need a better replacement than Elliot.

Its sad that I had Rantaa last year and choose to drop him midway thru last season to pick up some waivers.
    KFHL - 14 Team H2H keeper,NHLsalcap, protect 17/20, (4D, 3X(C,RW,LW), 2G, filler to 20, plus 2IR) ten waivers picks per season.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Elliott isn't an upgrade to Lundy.

That being said, I think last year is the new norm for Lundqvist. I've been saying for years that his decline will be sudden based on his style. He plays very deep in the net and relies on his reflexes, which have been elite in the past. He's getting older and slowing a bit now, the reflexes are going. My expectation for Lundqvist would be 29 W, 2.60 GAA and .914 SV%.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    I'd bite the bullet and keep Lundy. He'll get you 30-35 W and 2-3 shut outs like he's been doing over his last 4 years. In a dress 2 G, he isn't an upgrade over the inconsistent Elliot.
    I agree with this. Hold Lundy at this point.

Dobber Sports Deity

There has to be better ways to trim cap then taking a kick in the junk and giving Lundqvist away like this.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Giant

I'd hold Lundy here. at worst he repeats last year but there's some upside in that his playoffs were very good. the rangers are also a decent team that will rack up wins. lundys one of the most consistent goalies for wins. elliott is a huge downgrade.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    There has to be better ways to trim cap then taking a kick in the junk and giving Lundqvist away like this.
    LOL, I hear you about 'kick in the junk'. I shouldnt overreact to my players tanking in the playoffs after dominating the regular season. maybe Budjai has a better chance to take over in TB than Elliot in Philly? I have had bad goalie luck for last decade.

The Magnificent One

Beyond Elliott being iffy at best, Philly could be in big trouble this year - like one of the NHL's bottom 25% teams trouble.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/