Screw the Lab... get a Ridgeback!
    How about a Caucasian Ovcharka.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Community Lifestyle

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    How about a Caucasian Ovcharka.
    I think these are amazing dogs... but all I see is fur, fur, fur. my brother in law keeps telling his wife he's getting one... she's not going for it. There's big, then there's Russian Bear Dogs.

My Ridge has a similar temperament as a lab. just a giant suck
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I think these are amazing dogs... but all I see is fur, fur, fur. my brother in law keeps telling his wife he's getting one... she's not going for it. There's big, then there's Russian Bear Dogs.

My Ridge has a similar temperament as a lab. just a giant suck
    My friend has an irish wolfhound mix that's about 10months old. It's great because it looks like one but it's about half the size. It's nothing but smiles.

Dobber Sports Jedi

My friend has an irish wolfhound mix that's about 10months old. It's great because it looks like one but it's about half the size. It's nothing but smiles.
    thread officially derailed

Dobber Sports Master

Possibly, but with all the engineers and lawyers around here at least we will know what went wrong and who to blame
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Icon

Manager and Project Manager at an engineering consulting firm, married 2 kids. played organized minor hockey from age 4 to 16 (goalie, some casual games after that) now i'm over 40 and coach both kids hockey teams. been coaching my my son since he started 10 years ago, and have coached my daughter's team for 5 years which is a challenge because one now is a Midget (15-17) boy, the other a Peewee girl (11-12), so the styles are 100% different!
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Jedi

I'm an insurance adjudicator with a large firm... we'll leave it at that. I get yelled at sometimes... to say the least - not including wife yelling. married with a daughter, turning 6 in two weeks. Getting her hooked on gymnastics.

Obviously (see above) I have a Rhodesian Ridgeback dog. Super sweet, 130lb suck. Just don't leave your food unattended. He's a sneaky f---er and will snatch it. I never played hockey, some pick up ball hockey here and there but that's it. Played a lot of competitive baseball, soccer, a bit of rugby growing up. My biggest sport thought was track n' field - 100, 200, 4x100 & 4x400 (only when absolutely necessary).

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    I'm a 3rd generation soldier. We are the main ground force of the Galactic Empire, under the leadership of Emperor Palpatine and his commanders, Darth Vader and Grand Tarkin. When called upon, we are deployed quickly and respond to states of civil unrest or insurrection, can act as planetary garrison and maintain order in the Galactic Empire. We are paid minimum wage by our CEO George Lucas, but can accumulate bonus depending upon the number of kill shots.

I took up hockey at an early age, but wasn't very successful as most pucks lasered on net missed the target. My parents were so embarrassed, they pulled me out right away.

After thwarting a terror attack at a local arena in 2009, the commish. of the AHL got wind of this news and invited me out to a game to drop the ceremonial puck. From that day forward, I was hooked on the pro game.

Since then, I've enjoyed fantasy hockey and every aspect of it. Play in three leagues and partake in a few office pools too. I'm a big Senator's fan but don't attend many games at all because I can't afford the parking - again, scrub pay!

I'm married with three beautiful children who love getting out on the backyard rink when they can.

Our dog Kylo. Not sure of the breed.
    Very funny.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Holy smokes, lots of engineers here! Great thread.

I've always been pretty lucky. Found a career that after 32 years, I still love. Joined the military at 19 working as essentially an administrative janitor - it seems that every job I get needs to seriously be cleaned up. Lucky to have lived four years in Germany (autobahn!!), two years in Norway and spent a year at the Canadian Embassy in Afghanistan. Spent 6 months peacekeeping in the Golan Heights (Israel/Syrian border) and 1 month in the far north in Resolute Bay, Nunavut. I now live in Ottawa and not sure what's next. I keep trying for another posting outside Canada. If I can't manage that, I will try to find a way to get on another operation, that's where the fun is.

During my four years in Germany, I played in a German league and then a Dutch league where we were bussed all over the country to play. During hockey season, I was on the ice 5-6 times a week. Also played in France, Czechoslovakia (and the next year when it was the Czech Republic) and Belgium. Some of my favourite memories are from the hockey back then. We played whatever the opposition wanted to play, hit or no hit. When I was in Norway, I played in a wicked oldtimers league - played one game against a goalie that played in the Olympics (okay, it might have been the 1952 Games, but still!) and with a guy who played pro in Norway, another guy who was drafted by the Rangers and some other sweet players. Me on the other hand, am average at best. I'll play any forward position, hate playing defense and suck at it, so I have a healthy respect for anyone who can play it well.

Once played in a tournament with no spares on the bench (our sixth player showed up about 5 mins before the puck drop and was still drunk from the night before). We won that game 10-0 and I had 6 points. I remember asking the other team if they were tired yet? lol Faced the same team in the final. They didn't underestimate us again, but they still lost. My best moment in hockey was scoring 7 straight goals in an 8-7 win (just missed tipping in the shot that was goal #8), but the funny thing was that I only scored 15 goals all season! Like I said, average at best.

Grew up in Edmonton during the dynasty Oiler years. Remember, lucky. Organized my rec league teams since I was 16, which means I was always the worst player on the first line. At least I could skate with the good players, I just needed a few extra chances to score. Don't have a natural gift, but I'm pretty good from the goal crease in. I rarely shoot on the goalie during the warm ups, I don't want to throw their timing off when they have to field my two hoppers from the blueline.

I've been a stats guy since I was in my early teens. I kept stats for my little league baseball team and have been running hockey pools since I was 15, hence why I chose my handle as The Comish, one m is for no other reason than to be different because commish has two. In Germany, I kept our teams stats and wrote a weekly article during the hockey season about the teams exploits. The road trips were epic in Europe.

Was lucky to be able to go to the 2007 World Juniors in Leksand/Mora, Sweden. Drove 8 hours from Oslo in the dead of winter to the lake district of Sweden in my all-wheel drive Volvo!! Rented a cottage and went to two games a day. The semi-final shootout with Carey Price and Jonathan Toews was simply epic. Took in a Swedish Elite League game in Gothenburg (Frolunda). By sheer luck (yeah, it's a theme of my life), found the bar the fan club drank at before the game and we got invited to watch the game from the crazy fan zone with the drums and chanting and a monstrous Frolunda flag that unveiled when the home side scored!

Been watching NHL hockey since 1979/80. Played a ton of hockey growing up, a lot outdoors (Edmonton could sustain outdoor rinks all winter back then), but only 1 year of organized hockey when I was 17 in a rural Alberta (farm boys, ugh, Jethro smash) Juvenile league, just brutal when you're 145 lbs! I will get the CenterIce package and channel surf games all night, just about every night during the season. I'd rather judge a player by the eye test rather than fancy stats. I am a Scorpio, like long walks on the beach and witty repartee.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Titan

I dunno, it is a lifestyle with dogs, so are you pawsitive it's de-tailed?

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    Possibly, but with all the engineers and lawyers around here at least we will know what went wrong and who to blame
    It's a bit ridiculous actually. That's pretty much the 2 jobs on here it seems with some other ones sprinkled in.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post

It's a bit ridiculous actually. That's pretty much the 2 jobs on here it seems with some other ones sprinkled in.
    tells us who has teh most spare time to dingle around on teh forums eh..
    ESPN Roto 10 team

IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    tells us who has teh most spare time to dingle around on teh forums eh..
    I'll tell you I now never question why cars cost so much.

Dobber Sports Icon

I'll tell you I now never question why cars cost so much.
    that would take some convincing..i guess youd know, but to teh average joe, you cant tell me it actually takes $53,000 to make my truck.
    ESPN Roto 10 team

IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    that would take some convincing..i guess youd know, but to teh average joe, you cant tell me it actually takes $53,000 to make my truck.
    Building the buildings and lines take a lot of time, but the biggest thing is shipping. The amount of "last second" transport trucks ordered for a premium price because Chevy/GM/Honda needs this piece ASAP is ridiculous.

I would be pretty interested how much time it takes to engineer a new "generation" of a car (2014 Ford Escape was a complete remodel, but the price from 2014 to the 2017 is the same). So do they absorb that cost throughout the time before it gets to a new generation? Or can Ford legit spend all that time engineering and making a new generation and still come out positive, then they just get even more profit until a new generation is designed.

Trucks tho are jacked in price based on popularity I would imagine, but the systems to build the truck are jacked up for the extra weight.

I'm a derail machine in the summer apparently.