Thread: Shalunov's value now

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Shalunov's value now

What is the mass opinion on Shalunov's value now that he had signed for three more years in the KHL?

According to my calculations, this will make him 27 when that contract expires.

Chicago still retains his rights, and at that point could sign an ELC for one year.

My questions/opinions are:

1) is he a good enough player and worth stashing for three years in a minors spot in a salary keeper league? I say yes. I think he will have a similar path/route as Shipyachov and Dadonov, who are similarly aged. I think he gets traded/plays for a better KHL team and this helps his development, thus creating the demand that Shipyachov/Dadonov did.

2) is he worth stashing over a first round pick from the 2017 draft? Again I say yes, because he is a bit more developed than those players and we can see a glimpse of what we can expect.

Opinion and other insight welcome.
    Column writer at @GoaliePost

https://goaliepost.com/

An avid Chicago sports fan. Craft beer connoisseur. Fantasy sports addict.

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Shalunov's value now

I guess it depends on how many minors spots you are allowed to use. Every league is different. What may work for your league may not work for others. Three years is a long time to wait, and that's assuming he even comes over after that, to which there is no guarantees.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

I'm not a big fan of holding dead weight players for multiple years. I may just do that with Kaprisov if he resigns in KHL - so there are always exceptions.

As Axe said, it really depends on the size of your prospect roster, as well as your league. If it's for the one in sig. 20 teams and you hold say 25 or 30 prospects. Then yes, I'm holding him until he turns 32. He'll hold more potential return than some of your lower end NCAA wildcard prospects
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Padawan

Exactly what's been said, if I'm in a 16+ league with 15+ minors that's when I start thinking about him. If not I wouldn't put him on your radar until after the 18-19 season in which you hold him in minors for one year.
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    G A Pt PIM SoG PPP H+B FOW DZS
    W Svs GAA Sv%

C Scheifele Tavares Dvorack Eller
    LW Domi Aho Ritchie Vrana
    RW Tarasenko J Williams Laine Sheary
    D Klefbom M Rielly Spurgeon Provorov Ellis Dahlin
    R White Kase Schmaltz Thomas Anston-Reese Lindell Theodore

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper

M Bjork Raddysh Kravtsov Ylonen Soderstorm Gilles Gustavsson Point Khakonen Delia Hill