Thread: Samuel montembeault

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Samuel montembeault

What do we know about this goalie? Seems like he has a clear path to future crease in Florida but does he have the talent? Opinions please. Thanks
    14 member dynasty league. Full keepers. 9 forwards/ 4 d-men/ 1 utility/2 goalies/ 4 bench spots. Points goals, assists, hits, plus/minus, PPP, GWG. Goalie:saves, wins, SO. Forwards: Ehlers,Barzal, Barkov, Keller,Hall, fabbri,J.Schwarz,Hoffman,Aho,Perron, Kuzy, puljarvi.Defence:Karlsson, Hedman, Ghost,Provo.G:Helly,Vas,Raanta.Prospects:Peterson, samsonov,karprizov,parsons,sorokin,Suzuki,Bellows, Borgstrom

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Samuel montembeault

I don't know much about him, just what I've read. Seems like he has the talent but is still probably a few years away.

Dobber Sports Ace

He's a ways away. I expect Luongo to back up Reimer starting in 18-19 until the end of his contract in 5 years. Then Montembeault gets a chance.

He's super talented but Florida locked up Reimer and Luongo for a long time.
    H2H Dynasty, 16 Team Salary: G, A, PPP, SOG, Hits, BKS, SHTOI, W, Sv%, Saves, GA%, (4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 1G)

C: Crosby, Malkin, Larkin, Hartman, McBain, Joshua
    RW: Rantanen, Konecny, Strome, Batherson, Zetterland
    LW: Buchnevich, Ehlers, Marchessault, Bertuzzi, Acciari
    D: McNabb, Ferraro, Hakanpaa, Lyabushkin, Samuelsson, Bernard-Docker, Emberson
    G: Merzlikens, Daccord, Samsonov
    Prospects: Kurich, Lucius, Pelletier, Cristall, Yurov, Beckman, Brisson, Dean, Phillips, Poitras

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by jdreed3184 View Post
    He's a ways away. I expect Luongo to back up Reimer starting in 18-19 until the end of his contract in 5 years. Then Montembeault gets a chance.

He's super talented but Florida locked up Reimer and Luongo for a long time.
    If Luongo is still in the NHL by the 2019-2020 season I will be extremely, extremely surprised.

That said, Montembeault will have to season himself in the AHL/ECHL for a few seasons before he gets a sniff at a cup of coffee... He's definitely their top prospect today but a lot can change between now and the time he's ready for the NHL -- if that time ever comes. There are maybe 6-12 goalie prospects you can name right now that will actually get a chance... the rest are relative shots in the dark and I'd say Montembeault, as good as he is, is on the outside looking in right now with a lot more to prove.

Dobber Sports Deity

At least 3 years away at a minimum. He was a very good Jr goalie, for whatever that means to you. A lot can change between now and 3-4 years though.

As it stands right now, Id say he's a good prospect goalie but we all know that means nothing when it comes to helping your fantasy team win anything.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

A lot of good posts above. Yes, he's got very good talent, so he COULD be an nhl starter one day. and yes, the path to the crease in florida is pretty clear for him. so as long as he develops properly, he'll probably be the panthers goalie of the future, but as we know with goalies, a whole lot could go wrong. that being said, I am a proud owner of montembeault, so I believe in him. as we all know, with goalies, it's not always about the talent, rather the opportunity.

GET WELL SOON, DOBBER.

Dobber Sports Expert

Love Monty and he is the best goalie prospects the Panthers had in years but he is still ages away like other said. Org is very high on him though.
    Commish of UNFFHL, dangered species being the sole Panthers fan on Dobber.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I agree with everyone's take, and for what it's worth, he's just signed an ELC and is set to play in the AHL next year. Florida has just brought in a Finnish goalie from the KHL to mentor Montembeault in his first pro season, but I wouldn't be surprised to see 'Monty' bounce between ECHL and AHL if he struggles in his first year.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/f...702-story.html
    ESPN keeper league (5 rounds draft; 3 FA pickups per year; points for G, A, W, SO)

Forwards: Ovechkin, McDavid, Huberdeau, Voracek, Boeser, Wennberg, Galchenyuk, Tkachuk, Keller, Arvidsson, Teravainen, Rantanen
    D-men: Letang, Keith, Krug, Ellis, Ekblad, Hanifin
    Goalies: Murray, Hellebuyck

Bench: Hertl, Bjorkstrand, Gallagher, Domi, Tolvanen, Niskanen, Chychrun, Darling, Mrazek, Jarry