Thread: DeAngelo

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default DeAngelo

I have DeAngelo... the move to the ranger us a good thing for him or not? Another dg offer perry for him did I must accept?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: DeAngelo

going to the rangers WAS a great thing for him... until shatterkirk signed there. that basically killed his value, imo. he would have had a solid chance at getting some PP time without shatty around, but now assuming shatty runs PP #1, he'll have to contend with mcdonagh and brady skjei, and it's gonna be really tough for him to beat those 2 for a PP spot.

GET WELL SOON, DOBBER.

The Great One

Would definitely take Perry for him unless there are cap issues?

DeAngelo is going to be ok this coming season but can see him around a 30 point ceiling and that is far from assured depending on how his usage plays out
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Deity

I didn't really like DeAngelo in NY BEFORE the Shattenkirk signing. I like him even less now.

If you can move him for Perry, I'd consider that.

Can you offer your league setup (H2H, roto?) and the categories your league uses (points only? Multi-cat (if so, what cats?)) and is your league a salary cap league.

You can never offer too much information when posting your questions. It will help us give you better, and more accurate replies to help you.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Monster

Deangelo has a tonne of upside but don't like his situation in New York being behind Shattenkirk and Skjei for PP minutes. I would take Perry for Deangelo

Dobber Sports Ace

He has many offensive gifts, but is such a defensive liability, not to mention a basket case both on and off the ice, that I would avoid him. Third team in two seasons, for a "top ranked" defensive prospect says it all.

Dobber Sports Stud

There are only 2 right handed Dmen in the top 6 of the depth chart currently for NY

One is Shattenkirk, the other is Deangelo

The issue boils down to;

will the kid take advantage of the opportunity or be sent down to "work on his game". NY tends to bring the kids along with more patience these days, so its quite possible he will be targeted for a full time gig in the NHL but sent to the AHL to prepare for that. This is because the AHL team plays the same style as the parent club. The Rangers are very up front and honest about each prospects situation. They know EXACTLY what is expected of them and what they need to accomplish in order to get the opportunity. My hunch is barring a trade he will start in the AHL. Will he use that at motivation or not ? If he proves himself I think he takes the 2nd pairing job and the rest is history.

will coach AV allow the kid to play when he turns the puck over ? This happened to a number of younger players in the organization such as JT Miller and Pavel Buchnevich. My way or the highway. Buchnevich actually got hurt and was sent down for conditioning but throughout the process he knew where he stood and what he had to do to make it back to the big club. This next season should be a very interesting situation as NY really needs him to stepup but only if his core strength has improved.

I think the club breaks camp with McDonagh, Shattenkirk, Skjei, Smith, Staal, Holden as the big 6.

Rather than keep DeAngelo around as press box fodder, like they did with Clendening they will send him down. I will then move to acquire him in my leagues when his value is low.

I believe he will be in the top 4 by the end of NEXT season
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I hope that he gets a chance on the PP to show his offensive skills, and that he matures with his attitude and defensive play. If this happens he has a huge upside.