Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Demko vs Hart

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Demko vs Hart

Who would you rather own - Thatcher Demko or Carter Hart?
    Demko seems like he will be handed the keys to the Canucks within a couple of seasons (I assume Markstrom is the new Pavelec), but maybe being the Canucks starter isn't such a good thing?! I do like the direction they're going in after the tremendous draft they had, plus after a very good trade deadline earlier this season, but should I still trust that they won't be bottom feeders for the next decade? Plus, they drafted Michael Dipietro, who many have said was the best goalie from this past draft.
    On the other hand, Hart is gonna have a ton of competition in Philly, but he seems to have way more talent than anyone else in the system. Plus, the Flyers look like they're putting together a team that's gonna be amazing in the near future.

GET WELL SOON, DOBBER.

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Demko vs Hart

Interesting question...both are great goalies.
    Personally I would rather own Demko - he has a clearer path to the starting job and is older than Hart.
    On the other hand, PHI has an incredible D building and when Hart is ready he will have those guys playing in front of him.
    VAN has done a nice job building up their prospect pool but their D is no match for PHI's - yet.
    WHL - 24tm multicast salary partial keeper
    19 Active / 6 Reserve / 15 Minors
    3C/3LW/3RW/3F/6D/1G
    Skaters: G/ A/ +/- /PIM/SOG/PPP/Hit/Blk/FOW-C
    Goalies: GS/W/OL/GAA/SV%/SV/SHO/ShL/A

Dobber Sports Expert

I think Demko is the most talented out of the two but like Pit Bulls said, PHI is going to have a very solid D corps when Hart is going to be NHL ready while the Canucks have a lot of holes on D.

So here's how I see it:

next year:
    Demko (he MIGHT play a couple of games)
    Hart

2-3 year:
    Demko (closer to the NHL)
    Hart (should play atleast 1-2 season in the AHL)

3-4 year:
    Hart (I see PHI > Vancouver)
    Demko (It's still really close because I think Demko is better than Hart)
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Wizard

Demko is much closer to the NHL and at least as talented or maybe even more talented than Hart, so despite him playing in Vancouver, I'd want him on my fantasy hockey team. Who knows, maybe Hart struggles adjusting to pro game. I wouldn't overthink this.

Dobber Sports Stud

Just to be clear, I don't care who will get to the NHL sooner. the extra season or two don't matter to me. But over their careers, who will be the better one to own?

GET WELL SOON, DOBBER.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by forsbergfan View Post
    Just to be clear, I don't care who will get to the NHL sooner. the extra season or two don't matter to me. But over their careers, who will be the better one to own?
    Well in that case, I think Demko is going to be a stud regardless of where he plays.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by forsbergfan View Post
    It's likely more like 3-4 years actually, and why wouldn't that matter? When Demko is an NHL starter, you can get two Harts for him.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'd prefer Demko

Dobber Sports Deity

Demko for me.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

Demko easily.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Sure both goalies are talented but as we all know goalie prospects are a crap shoot. Thats why I then look at the easier path/least competition so my votes demko.
    Yahoo:16 team h2h (18 man rosters) 4keepers per team
    player cats:
    G,A,+/-ppp,shp,sog,gwg,hits,blks :goalie cats:W,gaa,sv%,so
    3c-Zibanejad, Getzlaf, Trochek
    6w-Fiala, JT Miller,Pastrnak, Pearson, kapanen, Lindblom
    4d-Hamilton,Provorov, R.Andersson, Doughty
    2g-Markstrom, Blackwood
    bench-Schultz, McCann, Lowry
    IR:Kucherov, Beauvilier

Fantrax:Nordiques 9 team dynasty pts only (max roster:50)
    notables:Stamkos, Seguin, Kuznetsov, E.Lindholm, Debrincat, Wheeler, Marchand, PLD, Kessel, Meier, Tuch, Hedman, Suter, Chabot, Bobrovsky ,Hellebuyck, Binnington
    notable prospects:Turcotte, Zegras, N.Suzuki, Farabee, Denisenko, Krebs, N.Robertson, Jokiharju, Shestyorkin

Dobber Sports Monster

I think Demko has a clear path to the NHL whereas Hart is going to have to really fight for a spot. Demko also seems like the higher end prospect.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Jedi

It's easy to say Demko, we now have a season of AHL behind us and we've watched him go from an adjusting average goalie in the 1st half, to figuring out the AHL and becoming possibly the AHL's best goalie in the 2nd half - all in his first professional season.

Hart just played in the WHL and no one has seen him vs. pro's yet. So we can't compare him to Demko really even... yet. he might flop.

If Hart comes in and dominates his first couple years pro, a crowded crease won't matter, it'll still be his. That said, Demko seems to want to own Van's crease regardless of competition.

I'm still taking Demko. This guy is going to be a top 10G for a decade.. and sooner rather than later. I'm not comfortable saying that about Hart yet as we haven't seen him take a pro shot.

Demko appears he could become a stud, Hart is more speculative right now.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

Demko...not sure Philly's team remains better than Van by the time either are relevant as Van look like they have started to work out their re build...
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I do really like Hart, Butt his NHL future I see uncertain: Demko I see next in line in Vancouver. I see the addition of Petruzzelli more of a "pushing him to remain competitive" rather than threatening to overtake him, unless Demko really falters.

The problem with Hart I see he'll have to outplay Lyon and Sandstrom just to get a shot. Depending how the puck bounces, he may not get the opportunity to prove himself in the NHL.