Thread: Edmonton Pubs

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Edmonton Pubs

I'm 90% sure I'm heading to Edm for work related training in two weeks (23-28).. Wondering if anyone can share best pub spots - preferably downtown as I will not have a vehicle and will be on foot for the most part.

Micro-brews
    Chicken Wings.

and go!
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Edmonton Pubs

Seriously? no one can suggest a good place in Edmonton to get a craft beer?
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Icon

If you are looking for craft beer in downtown Edmonton, I would look at a place called...

Craft Beer Market

If that is not to your liking, The Underground Tap & Grill is pretty popular.

These are recommendations based on what I have heard as I have never been to the Underground and have only had lunch once at Craft. I tend to avoid downtown unless I absolutely have to go there.

Dobber Sports Star

Woodwork is probably my favourite restaurant / bar downtown, although it is a bit pricey. As Chuckcouples has already mentioned, Craft and the Underground are pretty good. Downtown Edmonton also has successful chains like Hudson's, although I prefer the Pint, which may be a bit of a trek for you because it isn't right downtown. My personal favourite bar in Edmonton is The Black Dog; although it is on Whyte Ave, so not downtown.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Titan

http://downtown.thepint.ca/ I went to the DT Toronto one and it was good. That's all i got.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Superstar

If you're in the core of downtown the best selection of micro-beers are Craft and Underground. I have never had great food at Craft and the service can be hit or miss but their 70 some taps are all pretty awesome. Has a nice patio on the roof as well.

Underground has a decent number of taps as well, solid food, never been a fan of their service.

If you can travel a shortways there is a pub called Beer Revolution in Oliver Square, just west of the core downtown about 5 minute drive. My absolute favourite bar in the city. They have about 20 taps which rapidly rotate, no fixed beer menu just large LCD screens with the current options. Their food is excellent, killer pizza and awesome soft pretzels.

Also downtown is Yellowhead Brewery, if you have time to kill their tasting room is kinda cool, you can usually manage a tour of the brewery if you're into that kind of thing. For a long time Yellowhead only had 1 beer (signature lager) now they seem to have added few more styles. I don't think they have food on a regular basis.

If you have any days off and its nice out the Legislative grounds and river valley trails are really nice this time of year for walking/running. Enjoy your time here.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR