Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ellis or Trouba

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Ellis or Trouba

points only I gotta go Ellis, I feel Trouba is the more valuable one in an all stats league
    14 Team (H2H Points) Dynasty League

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Eichel, Zibanejad
    LW: E.Kane, Panarin, Huberdeau, Marchand, Landeskog
    RW: Rantanen, Zuccarello
    D: Makar, Dahlin, Chychrun, Drysdale
    G: Shesterkin, Saros, Markstrom
    Prospects: Carlsson, Raty, Berggren, Miroshnichenko, Othmann, Clarke, Gulyayev, Nikishin, Wallstadt, Wolf

16 Team (H2H Points) Dynasty League

C: MacKinnon, Zibanejad, Duchene, Schenn, Johansen, Monahan, Krebs, Pageau
    LW: E.Kane, Pacioretty, Vrana, Hoffman
    RW: Tuch, Stone, Wilson, Batherson, Sprong, Gallagher, Wahlstrom
    D: Dahlin, Hamilton, Letang, Dumba, Kylington, Liljegren
    G: Allen
    Prospects: Byfield, Guenther, Rossi, Perreault, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by yougo View Post
    Shiet. Tough one.

Gun to my head ...
    What kind of league is ICFHL becoming....? lol

I am tempted to say Trouba, since Ellis just might not get the same kind of all situation ice time and I think WPG increases Trouba's PP time coming up. Ellis has more offensive talent, but it might not translate to results..
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Sage

They both have the upper echelon smarts but Trouba has more ability, I think, when you look at his size and speed. He's going to be a game breaker soon... in a similar mold to John Carlson. He is 1 or 2 years away from taking over for Big Byf and running WPGs back end. Ellis will never get that chance no matter where he is.

Trouba for me.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by VintageVibe View Post
    They both have the upper echelon smarts but Trouba has more ability, I think, when you look at his size and speed. He's going to be a game breaker soon... in a similar mold to John Carlson. He is 1 or 2 years away from taking over for Big Byf and running WPGs back end. Ellis will never get that chance no matter where he is.

Trouba for me.
    The Calrson comparison is actually a very good one............right down to the fact that other than a not even two season stretch Carlson has been held below point per every other game output due to the team relying upon him to do things that don't translate to high scoring. That describes the near future for Trouba. Meanwhile, Nashville saw what Ellis was capable of down the stretch and in the playoff, and will be more than happy to unleash him in situations that put points on the board.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Ninja

Ellis for me.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Monster

I take Trouba here. Ellis might be more dependable and you know what to expect but Trouba has the upside

Dobber Sports Apprentice

For a keeper, points only I would say Trouba. I think Trouba is set for 40+ point while Ellis might have trouble going over 40points.
    10-team Pts only, 19-man roster, 9F, 4D, 2G, 4bench 95M cap league
    F: T.Tompson Pasta Kaprizov Rantanen Gaudreau Necas Greig Zegras Vilardi
    D: Josi Bouchard Sandin Sanheim
    G Shesterkin Samsonov
    B: Woll Perfetti Poitras
    Farm: Guenther, Will Smith

The Great One

Trouba just due to pecking order - I actually like them both to having similiar upsides I just see Trouba being able to hit his more easily than Ellis due to the supporting cast and deployment
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Trouba because of the depth in NAS
    Column writer at @GoaliePost

https://goaliepost.com/

An avid Chicago sports fan. Craft beer connoisseur. Fantasy sports addict.

The Magnificent One

I was inspired by this thread and decided to cover these two in a cage match - look for it in two weeks,
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/