Thread: Slavin

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Slavin

So, keep Slavin with his contract extension or try to move him? League in signature. I think he is a max 35-45pt dman with limited PP time on the 2nd unit. He plays the PK and that helps his peripheral stats such as blocks. But with his limited scoring potential and shot attempts, is he worth the salary hit? Do I trade him now? Or try to after getting one more "cheap" year and see if possibly his role and stats increase?
    Column writer at @GoaliePost

https://goaliepost.com/

An avid Chicago sports fan. Craft beer connoisseur. Fantasy sports addict.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Slavin

I would trade him now... Unless he unlocks some unfound offensive punch he'll be very hard to move next year.. when he's 5.3m. I wouldn't want him at 5.3m - unless it was a SIM league
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I'd move him before the contract kicks in. The contract shows confidence in him, but PP time is the issue. I own him in a deep non-cap league in which case I'll hang on and hope he ends up around 45 points.

Administrator

There's so much talent around him on the blueline I think he'll be held back a bit offensively in favor of a more defensive role, sort of like McDonagh when Yandle was in town. I would absolutely trade him now. Roster construction-wise I would rather have a 25-point cheap dman than a 30-35-point expensive guy.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Stud

I wouldn't keep him beyond this season for sure. Personally, I'm holding on to him for this season though cuz he's terrific value at the current price.

Dobber Sports Deity

I'd definitely move him now. That's not a good fantasy contract for cap leagues.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Yeah. Only would be if he got more PP time and was a 35-45pt player. I now have him and Vatanen. Don't know what to expect to get for either. I guess whatever I get is better than dropping them.
    Column writer at @GoaliePost

https://goaliepost.com/

An avid Chicago sports fan. Craft beer connoisseur. Fantasy sports addict.

The Great One

The Hurricanes want him to be their Vlasic, so if you can trade him for more fantasy value than that, you should do so without major worry
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    There's so much talent around him on the blueline I think he'll be held back a bit offensively in favor of a more defensive role, sort of like McDonagh when Yandle was in town. I would absolutely trade him now. Roster construction-wise I would rather have a 25-point cheap dman than a 30-35-point expensive guy.
    Agree with Eric and the others who say trade him now, BUT (and that's a big but) don't give him away. If you aren't happy with the return, you should keep him and reap the benefits of one final cheap year of production, then just drop him if no one wants him.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

I'd say ride him out this season because his price tag is a bargain, but then just drop him next season.
    FANTRAX SALARY CAP LEAGUE
    $75m Cap League / 12 Teams / 18 Keepers
    20min - 25max man roster / 5 Minor bench
    G, A, STP, FOW, Takeaways, Hits, BLKS, PIM, SOG,
    W, SV%, Saves

C: Backstrom, MacKinnon, Backlund, Jost, Barzal, Zetterberg, Trocheck

W; Ehlers, Bjorkstrand, Hayden, Haley, Pacioretty, Boeser, Kreider, Riley Nash

D: Gudas, OEL, Ristolainen, Chychrun, Nurse, McAvoy Sergachev

G: Dubnyk, Stalock, Smith,
    Minor bench: Demko, Samsonov, White, Steel, Kaprizov

The Great One

Depends what you can land now? If you can drop him for nothing that means that actually work out better unless it's a good deal
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I think Slavin is going to turn into a nice asset long-term, but agree with the others that once that new contract comes into play he isn't likely to be worth it.