Thread: Anyone traveled to Sao Miguel, Portugal?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Anyone traveled to Sao Miguel, Portugal?

Hey guys.

Looking for some advice/suggestions, just booked a surprise trip for me and my girlfriend to Sao Miguel, Portugal the first week of October. Doing some reading up on it, seems like lots of nice hiking trails and hot springs there. Weather seems to be a little hit or miss that time of year but not afraid of a little rain.

Any of you been there and have any suggestions?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Anyone traveled to Sao Miguel, Portugal?

I didn't realize that this was the Azores! Sorry Flash, I am not going to be of any help on this one. My suggestion was going to be to try the port, but that's when I thought Sao Miguel was in Portugal proper. I've always wanted to go to the Azores though. I hope you let us know how it was!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Veteran

I will certainly let you guys know how it was!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Updating as promised.

Azores were spectacular. Hiking trails and hot springs were amazing. Weather was great, between 20 and 24 degrees everyday, a few showers but nothing major. The food was excellent. Driving wasn't too bad, we had a rental car, roads weren't too busy/hectic but some of the smaller towns the roads were very narrow, like smart car narrow, so that was tough.

Proposed to the girlfriend there (at a place that translates to English as the "Viewpoint from the mouth of hell" which I though was hilarious as did she) so that went well.

Highly recommend the Azores.

Dobber Sports Expert

Congrats bro.
    Glad u had a good time.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by FinnishFlash View Post
    Updating as promised.

Azores were spectacular. Hiking trails and hot springs were amazing. Weather was great, between 20 and 24 degrees everyday, a few showers but nothing major. The food was excellent. Driving wasn't too bad, we had a rental car, roads weren't too busy/hectic but some of the smaller towns the roads were very narrow, like smart car narrow, so that was tough.

Proposed to the girlfriend there (at a place that translates to English as the "Viewpoint from the mouth of hell" which I though was hilarious as did she) so that went well.

Highly recommend the Azores.
    Awesome, thanks for the info and a big congrats on the engagement!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket