Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
I'm partial to the Vette as my uncle restored a Stingray (early 70's model I think) back in the late 70's and I remember him taking me for a drive in it (too young to drive it myself in the 70's, otherwise...). It was awesome, and the beast of an engine roared when we floored it on the highway. Such a cool memory...

I did get to drive his restored 1977 Pontiac Trans Am (like the one from "Smokey and the Bandit") in the early 90's when I was 19, and asked him to sell it to me, but my mother wouldn't hear tell of it. She explained that she could just imagine how that would end up (her exact words were "wrapped around a telephone pole"). Also, I was still a student at university and owed both my parents and the student loan agency for light from the moon, so as much as he would have liked to sell it to me, i really didn't have the cash that he was asking for. Maybe when I retire, I will find a 77 Trans Am of my own. Maybe not as snazzy as your two options, but it would mean so much...hmmmmm!

East bound and down, loaded up and truckin'
We gonna do what they say can't be done
We gotta long way to go, and a short time to get there
I'm eastbound, just watch ole Bandit run

Attachment 3815
I questioned my much older brothers decision to buy a mustang (modern era not 7o's) when he turned 5o but now that I'm that age I find myself liking muscle cars - go figure .