Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Choose 2 of Saad, Mantha, Marchessault

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Choose 2 of Saad, Mantha, Marchessault

Saad at 6.25
    Mantha .833
    Marchessault .75

Only have room for two, points only next season going for the win>!
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Choose 2 of Saad, Mantha, Marchessault

Quote Originally Posted by Luffy D Monkey View Post
    Saad at 6.25
    Mantha .833
    Marchessault .75

Only have room for two, points only next season going for the win>!
    I would want Saad and Mantha then.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'm going to say Mantha and Marchessault simply because Saad isn't a bargain at 6.25. He'll need to provide an awful lot of points to justify his salary. Better to take the lesser salaries and then go after the expensive flavor of the week.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Monster

Give me the bargains. Mantha and Marchessault. Save your money

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    Ya I agree here. They could all be within 5 points of each other.

It would help to see your roster and cap hits.

Dobber Sports All-Star

I think I would grab the two bargain boys as well, though it would not surprise me if Saad has a career year now that he is back in Chicago (65+ points). So take that with a grain of salt.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'd take Saad having a big year in Chicago reunited with Toews, and I'd bank on Marchessault getting primo minutes, albeit on a weak Las Vegas squad.

From your post it sounds like you can afford Saad's cap hit, so I'd go with the two players who will put up the most points.
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Marchy was in a great situation last year but this year he is not at all. He got time on the number one power play unit and top six minutes with some really good forwards. Vegas' best player is who, James Neal, William Karlsson, Reilly Smith, or David Perron?

I can understand why you'd want to go with the cheap options but Saad going back to a familiar situation and playing with better players makes me think he's going to have a really nice year. I think 60+ points is a sure thing with an upside for more. Mantha is just scratching the surface of his potential and he could break out as soon as this upcoming season for Detroit.

Saad and Mantha.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Wizard

Give me the two cheap options for sure. Saad could get 60 points but so could Marchessault. In cap leagues, salary is everything. Even if you lose 5 points, you save almost $6M which you can use to acquire another good player to upgrade your roster.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Saad and Mantha, unless you can use that extra cap space in some other way, then drop Saad and take Marchessault.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    Agreed.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Give me the two cheap options for sure. Saad could get 60 points but so could Marchessault. In cap leagues, salary is everything. Even if you lose 5 points, you save almost $6M which you can use to acquire another good player to upgrade your roster.
    Yes, the kicker there is whether there is actually an opportunity to use that cap money. Sometimes rosters are set or FA pools are so shallow that the money is not really useful for anything. In that case Saad would still be a good choice.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandals View Post
    Yes, the kicker there is whether there is actually an opportunity to use that cap money. Sometimes rosters are set or FA pools are so shallow that the money is not really useful for anything. In that case Saad would still be a good choice.
    I've never seen a league where trading is not allowed at all, that rosters would be just locked in the summer for the full season. But I guess anything is possible. OP didn't mention anything like this, so I don't know why you'd assume there's no way to use the extra cap space in some way.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I have definitely been in leagues like that, but much more common would be very deep leagues where the quality of available players is low. So if you have a league with a lot of GMs and big rosters (not that uncommon) then that salary might only be useful in acquiring 4th line players or long shot prospects. I think the case for choosing Saad in that situation is much better.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandals View Post
    I have definitely been in leagues like that, but much more common would be very deep leagues where the quality of available players is low. So if you have a league with a lot of GMs and big rosters (not that uncommon) then that salary might only be useful in acquiring 4th line players or long shot prospects. I think the case for choosing Saad in that situation is much better.
    You play in some weird leagues if you ask me. In the salary cap leagues I play in (4 of them, all very deep), cap space is very important. In two of the leagues, cap space is hugely important and everyone is constantly looking to unload good players they can't afford. I don't care about free agents, I would use the cap space in the trade market.