Thread: Need to drop ONE or nONE?

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Need to drop ONE or nONE?

I'm faced with a decision here in my standard H2H 1-year Yahoo league. I have Norris (and A. Sanchez) on the DL who are no longer listed as DL players so I can't add any FA players (not really interested in doing that but I like having that flexibility in case a new closer is appointed somewhere and he's in the FA pool).

Anyways, I'm 2 guys over and I would like to activate Norris as I'm missing out on his recent saves but I don't know who to drop (if anyone) to make it happen... Maybe I should just wait it out and see if some fluke injury hits one of my other players and then I can just make the swap?

Below is my team; let me know if you would drop anyone to bring Bud Norris up (I'm OK with leaving A. Sanchez there though)

Thanks in advance and REP for those who will share their advice on this!
    FYI, we also keep 4 players at the end of the year (I underlined those that CAN'T be kept)

C- Gattis
    1B- Reynolds
    2B- LeMahieu
    3B- Arenado
    SS- C. Seager
    LF- Dickerson
    CF- McCutchen (RF)
    RF- Duvall (LF)
    U- Donaldson (3B)
    U- Bruce (1B/RF)

B- Mancini (1B/LF)
    B- C. Taylor (2B/3B/SS/LF/CF)
    B- Dozier (2B)
    B- Thames (1B/LF/RF)
    B- Upton (LF/CF)

SP- Strasburg
    SP- Kluber
    SP- A. Wood
    RP- Kimbrel
    RP- Osuna
    P- Devinski (SP/RP)
    P- Price
    P- Faria

DL- Norris
    DL- A. Sanchez
    DL- Glover
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Need to drop ONE or nONE?

Sorry this one was missed!

I would drop Mancini for Norris. If you have those P spots might as well have someone who could play every day vs another bench guy who you're going to be missing points on because he's on your bench.

The rest is up to you how you want to set up your team. While I like flexibility, I personally only want a max of 2 bench hitters on my team. You didn't post the cats but I think I remember this being a Saves only league? Either way there have got to be some solid relievers or even some other SP out there that you can add. With 5 bench hitters, you have to be missing out on the counting pitching stats like Wins and Ks on most weeks.

If you feel like dropping another hitter, I would be looking at Reynolds to continue to slow down here. The other option is try to package a 2 for 1 because you do have a lot of talent, but when guys like Thames, Dozier, Bruce and Upton slump...they slump real hard.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Sorry this one was missed!

I would drop Mancini for Norris. If you have those P spots might as well have someone who could play every day vs another bench guy who you're going to be missing points on because he's on your bench.

The rest is up to you how you want to set up your team. While I like flexibility, I personally only want a max of 2 bench hitters on my team. You didn't post the cats but I think I remember this being a Saves only league? Either way there have got to be some solid relievers or even some other SP out there that you can add. With 5 bench hitters, you have to be missing out on the counting pitching stats like Wins and Ks on most weeks.

If you feel like dropping another hitter, I would be looking at Reynolds to continue to slow down here. The other option is try to package a 2 for 1 because you do have a lot of talent, but when guys like Thames, Dozier, Bruce and Upton slump...they slump real hard.
    Thanks for the advice HR. I wanted to see how Mancini turns out later on but realistically speaking, he won't be a keeper for me so why hang on to a bench player... You are right with the added Pitching vs Hitting bench spots; I'll look to make some extra space shortly!

I'll REP you as soon as I can Thanks again buddy
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Second for Mancini and I agree, I would def try to sell high on Reynolds - maybe target the J. Bour owner or package him with Faria for a struggling ace