Thread: Foozball trade offer

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Foozball trade offer

So I just received this offer in my dynasty points league that uses IDP.

I'd send Deion Jones and Keanu Neal and I'd get back Luke Kuechly and JJ Watt.

I know, at first, looking at the names this would seem like a lopsided offer but I am hesitant to accept. My team is rebuilding and both Jones and Neal were two guys I just drafted last year with bright futures. Watt and Kuechly are both coming off surgeries that make me nervous.

Our league uses the following stats for IDPs

Defensive Players
    Each Sack (SK) 1.5
    Interception Return TD (INTTD) 6
    Fumble Return TD (FRTD) 6
    Blocked Punt or FG return for TD (BLKKRTD) 6
    Blocked Punt, PAT or FG (BLKK) 3
    Each Interception (INT) 2.5
    Each Fumble Recovered (FR) 1
    Each Fumble Forced (FF) 1.5
    Each Safety (SF) 4.5
    Assisted Tackles (TKA) 0.5
    Solo Tackles (TKS) 1
    Passes Defensed (PD) 1.5
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Foozball trade offer

Wow... name and trade value would suggest that is a huge win for you.... but like you mentioned... injuries are a big time scare.

Kuechly.... could he be one concussion away from retiring? It seemed like there was concern when he was out with concussion last season that he might be done.

Watt.... he seems to be injured a lot. When he plays, he is a beast...

So I have a question for you... How active is your league?

The reason I ask... would you be able to take this trade, then turn around and trade the name value of the two players you obtain for players that line up with your rebuild that are upgrades over Neal and Jones?

Or has the owner that is trading away two big-name defensive players already exhausted his options around the league and there is not much trade value for them in your league.

Dobber Sports Deity

The league is pretty active but I have no idea if he's shopped Watt or Kuechly around yet. He very well could be shopping them to others but Im not sure. My fear is making this deal and watching one of, or worse case scenario both of them go down again and Im screwed.

That or people will have the same doubts or fears I have about them and I cant move them again.

Tough call indeed.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Deity

Bumping for more replies

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    The league is pretty active but I have no idea if he's shopped Watt or Kuechly around yet. He very well could be shopping them to others but Im not sure. My fear is making this deal and watching one of, or worse case scenario both of them go down again and Im screwed.

That or people will have the same doubts or fears I have about them and I cant move them again.

Tough call indeed.
    I think I'd do the trade if you were only taking one of them....but as you've said taking both is a huge risk. I would hold on to what you have because IDP has a pretty high turnover any way.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I mean, Opening with that I don't play IDP a lot, I don't see how you can't accept this deal. Watt and Kuechly are 28 and 26, certainly not old.

Prior to last year, Watt had played every game of his career, I think the injury concerns with him are overblown. If you follow Dr. Chao, he predicted Watt re-injuring his back last year because of the nature of the injury and Watt returning too soon, and he also expects him to have no issues with it going forward.

For Keuchly, sure the concussions are a worry, but he's also the best LB in the NFL. I don't think Jones is going to become that. I honestly would have thought you'd have to trade Jones and Neal to get one of these players, and you're getting both. Rebuilding or not, you have to do this trade IMO. Sure feels like stealing.

Dobber Sports Titan

Jones and Neal are some younngggg solid players. But looks like the front 7 guys will get more points than CBs and SS more consistently.

I'd rather Watt and Luke. And take the chance
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll