Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Wedding party gift ideas

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Wedding party gift ideas

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    am not really good with gifts but if they liked hockey i would get em tickets. something that they can do as a couple and is fun
    Haha...I have 8 groomsmen!

Should have mentioned that.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Haha...I have 8 groomsmen!

Should have mentioned that.
    OH wait i thought u meant for the bride and groom. YOU'RE buying THEM gifts!!!!???? Man when i was a groomsman back in 2005 i got nothing lololol. If i were buying groomsmen gifts ...... yeah maybe just a picture or nah ... flasks should be ok. i quickly read your thread and was thinking "why would he buy a bride a flask?" lol.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by evans334 View Post
    Took my groomsmen out to a Habs game and bought them all a habs t-shirt from the gift shop.

That said I got the tickets pretty cheap through a pre-sale.
    geez why didn't i get to know you better

The Great One

I only had two groomsmen and instead of getting stupid shit that they'll never use....like a flask.....I paid for half of their custom fitted suit. They should have that suit for as long as they fit in it.

IMO, you should take care of what you're making them wear for your day.

If you're renting.....pay for the rentals.

Dobber Sports Pro

One of the better gifts that was given to me as a groomsman was a nail/manicure kit and a travel toiletry bag. It was a destination wedding and we always bugged the groom because he enjoyed manicures. Yes I know that it sounds a little odd and maybe not for your group. The nail clipper I got was a Henkel - not cheap and bought from a place called Den for Men in Toronto. They had lots of cool stuff like you mentioned above, but these were different. The reason I suggest it is, that 20 years later 5 of the 6 of us still have it and will never use anything else. It was just something that we never would have bought ourselves. Plus if any of you have a good nail clipper, you will never use a cheap one again. Whatever you decide, I think something that people will keep is the best.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Having been a groom and groomsman I can say the following:

1. Don't kill yourself over this, there are a million more important things going on, offer lots of thanks after the wedding is over.
    2. Don't break the bank on your groomsman gifts (or bridal party gifts) Reality is most won't survive a year of display/use. It's the gesture more than the actual gift usually.
    3. Try and customize somewhat to your personality, or the wedding location. That way you know it gets used at least once.

Flasks and cufflinks are cliche but somewhat unique and "useful" when the time comes.
    custom glasses (shot or beer) are better than nothing.

Worry about the wedding first, then find something they will like/use.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Stud

i bought mine bowties for their suits.

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'd avoid the flasks. So cliche and I don't think anyone actually uses them. I have 3 that sit in a drawer in the bar.

Tie clips and cufflinks are nice if you have a group that will use them. I have to wear a suit frequently so I've always liked getting those.

Getting something unique that your groomsmen will appreciate and keep is the key.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by FinnishFlash View Post
    I'd avoid the flasks. So cliche and I don't think anyone actually uses them. I have 3 that sit in a drawer in the bar.

Tie clips and cufflinks are nice if you have a group that will use them. I have to wear a suit frequently so I've always liked getting those.

Getting something unique that your groomsmen will appreciate and keep is the key.
    agreed. 7 years ago i bought one at the stampede here and thought i would use it all the time for my drinking...never used it once and ended up bringing it to the share shed lol

Dobber Sports All-Star

My daughter just got married 2 weeks ago. My son in law bought the 3 groomsmen watches. I thought it was a nice touch. I don't know what they cost thought.

BTW Congrats HR!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I had 3 groomsmen for my wedding. One was a Habs fan, one a Rangers fan and one a Leafs fan. I ended up going to a sports memorabilia show in Toronto and spent the day walking around. Was planning on buying a framed picture of some sort based on each team but found that each booth was selling basically the same pictures so thought I would try to find some things a little more unique. Ended up buying the habs fan an original program from the game between the Habs and the Russians, can't remember the year (70's sometime)lol. Bought the Rangers fan a game program signed by a well-known Rangers broadcaster and bought the Leafs fan an original game program from game 5 of the Stanley Cup finals in '67. They were all roughly the same price and I figured it was something different that could become collectible down the road. Also got them the cliche engraved Beer mug too. lol .

Another idea that I thought would have been cool, but couldn't find 3 at the time, was the 1st issue of Sports Illustrated. Thought that would have been something unique and cool.
    1st teamC: S. Aho, E. Malkin, W. Karllson, B. Nelson
    LW: B. Marchand, A. Ovechkin, J. Zucker, N. Niederreiter, A. Svechnikov,

RW: D. Perron, J. Kyrou, C. Keller, D. Strome, T. Toffoli, C. Perfetti,
    D: j. Carlson, D. Hamilton, R. Andersson, F. Hronek,J. Spurgeon
    G: , C. Hellybuck, J. Ottinger, A. Vasilevskiy

2nd team
    C: E. Lindholm, J. Pavelski, JT Miller, R. Johansen, A. Killorn, B. Jenner(IR)

LW: , B. Marchand, A. Mangiapane, T. Toffoli, J. Gaudreau

RW: P. Kane, Pasta, D. Perron, T. Wilson, N. Schmaltz, M. Tkackuk
    D: J. Carlson, A. Pietriangelo, C. McAvoy, N. Schmidt, J. Trouba, J. Morrissey
    G: J. Markstrom, C. Hellybuyck, T. Jarry

The Great One

I was a best man once; the groom got everyone a watch. Nickname and date of wedding engraved on the back. Pretty sweet. But not cheap.

Dobber Sports Veteran

When I got married 6 years ago I had 5 groomsmen and 2 ushers to buy for. I got them all digital picture frames.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Im really liking that most people are saying don't kill yourself over this and that it should be something that they might actually use.

I'm going with the jerseys (fake...but still decent?) and then one of those RFID wallets. I love mine and would never go back.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    I have a friend that got these made for his groomsmen:

One of these, a small mickey and a box to put it in with their name on each will run you about $20 and it makes for a great personalized souvenir without breaking the bank. I'll see if I can get some info on where/how to get them done if you want.
    Personalized stuff are the best.