Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Minnesota Wild / Devon Dubnyk

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Minnesota Wild / Devon Dubnyk

What kind of season is Minnesota Wild going to have this year and is Devon Dubnyk going to be top 5 goalie or top 10 goalie again this year.

I have a draft pick proposal here. But i'm eligible to possible get Devon
    Dubnyk as my keeper player, but i would have to give away picks.

Picks are:

MY: 4th round- 5th pick and 6th round - 5th pick

for
    HER: Dubnyk and her 6th round- 8th pick

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Minnesota Wild / Devon Dubnyk

I think the Wild will have a good season. I'd have Dubnyk ranked somewhere in the 5 to 10 range... probably around 7.

Dobber Sports Pro

Not a believer in Dube at all, very short window of success vs years of opportunity & unsuccessful attempts and even banished to AHL, I would be looking to sell high on Dube if I had him.
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H) Est. 2015

Vancouver Voodoo
    C: Scheifele, Sedin, Stastny, Zetterberg
    LW: Panarin, Landeskog,
    RW: P. Kane, , Meier, Mantha, Anderson, Coyle, Hansen
    D: Carlson, Faulk, Hamilton, Trouba, Goligoski, Matheson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    Minors: Demko, Virtanen, Walman, Benson, Gourde, Boqvist, Glass, Foote, Claesson, Gaudette

12 team, keep 15 H2H Weekly
    Crosby, Malkin, Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, Byfuglien, OEL, Klingberg, Holtby, Quick, Scheifele, Hellebuyck, Simmonds, Arvidsson, Schenn

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Initiate

i think for those picks thats a great deal , without knowing much about your league settings and your roster i would still say that Minny has a good defense and offense should give Dubnyk another solid season , btw welcome to the forums!!
    24 team cap league, HTH Pts. 25 PLAYER ROSTER C3/LW3/RW3/F3/D6/G1

G & A = 1PT.
    HT.BLK.PIM.SOG.=0.05 / PPP=0.5/ FOW=0.01/ +/- =.25
    W=2 SHO=3 SV=0.1 GA=-1 OL=1 SHL=1

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Hagel- Couturier - Tarasenko
    Frederic - Tyler Johnson - Nichuskin
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Dobber Sports Monster

I'm not sure the true value of those picks so I wont comment on the trade as a whole. I think its doubtful Dubnyk is a top 5 goalie, top 10 is possible, but 10-20 range is most likely. The 10-15 is more likely than the 15-20 range, because the Wild maintain one of the best top 6 D cores in the league.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Stud

i think the wild are due for some major regression this season. they were only so-so in the second half last year, and got knocked out in the first round of the playoffs. dallas and st louis got better this offseason, the jets are waiting to burst out, so their division got even more competitive. wouldn't surprise me if they miss the playoffs altogether, although they could sneak in to one of the wildcard spots.
    dubnyk is definitely a sell-high candidate. I owned him and also sold high this offseason.

GET WELL SOON, DOBBER.

Dobber Sports Monster

I think he still has a couple good seasons in him. I got him top 5. 35-40 wins .921%

Dobber Sports Master

Its surprising how under rated Dubnyk is in this thread. He has solid numbers over the past three years. I don't see the argument that MIN will regress as a team. They have some players that are just coming into their prime ~ Niederreiter, Coyle, Grandlund, Zucker. Their old guys aren't really that old. Koivu is 34. Suter is 32. Parise is 32 and Staal is 32. Brodin and Dumba will be a year more experienced. If anything, I believe that MIN might be better next year. Dubnyk will start 65-68 games and will win a lot of them.

I do believe that I would pull the trigger if all you have to do is a pick swap. I dont see much down side. Dubnyk, who could be a top 5 goalie.... for a pick swap. Jeez.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    Its surprising how under rated Dubnyk is in this thread. He has solid numbers over the past three years. I don't see the argument that MIN will regress as a team. They have some players that are just coming into their prime ~ Niederreiter, Coyle, Grandlund, Zucker. Their old guys aren't really that old. Koivu is 34. Suter is 32. Parise is 32 and Staal is 32. Brodin and Dumba will be a year more experienced. If anything, I believe that MIN might be better next year. Dubnyk will start 65-68 games and will win a lot of them.

I do believe that I would pull the trigger if all you have to do is a pick swap. I dont see much down side. Dubnyk, who could be a top 5 goalie.... for a pick swap. Jeez.
    What he said. Dubnyk was a top 5 goalie in 2 of the past 3 seasons and the Wild are likely going to be better this year than last. Their d corps is one of the best in hockey and with the exception of the 32 year old Suter, they are all under the age of 27 for the upcoming season which means that they are still getting better.

Dobber Sports Genius

All the trades and demotions lit a fire under his ass so what happened before that is of little concern to me.

I'd rank him in the 5-10 range right now and closer to 5 than 10. Not sure who you'd have to drop to make him a keeper but a top notch goalie for a seemingly minor pick swap looks like an easy accept to me.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Administrator

I have him in the 2nd tier, 5-10 range as well, mostly because he has a high floor. Very safe option. I'd bet he finishes up in the 10-15 range for fantasy value on the year but I rank him higher because he's a safe pick. Expecting 35 wins and league average rate stats.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    I have him in the 2nd tier, 5-10 range as well, mostly because he has a high floor. Very safe option. I'd bet he finishes up in the 10-15 range for fantasy value on the year but I rank him higher because he's a safe pick. Expecting 35 wins and league average rate stats.
    I'd agree with most of this. he had periods last year where he was a top 3 option. The wheels kinda came off the team as a whole last year down the stretch, not all Duby's fault. I'd look at him in the 5-10 range with the potential to sneak into the top 5.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Novice

The picks seem pretty minor difference and to get a potential top 5 goalie seems like a no brainer to me. He has been pretty consistent his time in Minnesota and I have a hard time naming 10 goalies I would rather have over him. Probably only would take Price, Holtby and Murray over him. Anything after that and its a very narrow gap for me . Even if he finishes as the 10th best goalie that is still valuable.

I actually just acquired him as well to tandem with Rask . Gave up Subban and Okposo for Wheeler and Dubnyk and am happy.
    2nd year 12 team H2H - Keep 10 - G, A , +/-, Pims, SOG, Hits, Blocks, STP Wins, GAA, SV% SVs
    C: Seguin, Jenner
    LW: Benn, Pacioretty,
    RW: Simmonds, Wheeler, Palmieri
    D: Krug, Provorov, Werenski
    G: Rask, Dubnyk,
    Prospects: McAvoy, Chabot, Jost, Keller, Shesterkin

5th year 12 Team H2H - Keep 5 Cats^
    C: Crosby, Tavares, Backstrom
    LW: Laine,
    RW: Wheeler
    D:, Krug, Werenski,
    G: Jones, Rask,

League Champ 2013, 2014

Dobber Sports Apprentice

This seems like a very easy deal to accept. Even if Dubnyk/Wild struggle and he is 'only' a top 20 goalie, you're probably still going to come out ahead on the deal.

Dobber Sports Pro

I'm in the bullish camp. I don't understand why people think Minnesota is going to stumble this year. It seems they have a solid lineup from the goaltender on out and some cap space to play with.