Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tatar says arbitration contract ?would probably be my last season in Detroit?

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Tatar says arbitration contract ?would probably be my last season in Detroit?

From NBC:

Although there is still time to get a new deal done before his scheduled arbitration date on July 20, he has reportedly indicated that next season could be his last in Detroit if the two sides go through with the hearing and Tatar signs the one-year contract as a result.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Tatar says arbitration contract ?would probably be my last season in Detroit?

Arbitration always runs the risk of having the relationship sour.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Tatar says arbitration contract ?would probably be my last season in Detroit?

Quote Originally Posted by FinnishFlash View Post
    Arbitration always runs the risk of having the relationship sour.
    Well that explains my failed common-law relationship - we took it to arbitration. She won the car, but after a year, I walked away...a much happier man.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Titan

I don't know if I can blame him though because I don't think Detroit is going anywhere fast, except maybe down.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Well that explains my failed common-law relationship - we took it to arbitration. She won the car, but after a year, I walked away...a much happier man.
    Why are divorces so expensive?

Because they're worth it!
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Ninja

I like Tatar, but we'll see if he can take advantage of the ice time given to him this year, at least enough to earn him a decent contract (i.e. not a 1 year deal after a 1 year deal).
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Superstar

Prove it year for Tatar, good year to own him.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Monster

1 year $4,000.000 - $4,500,000 contract is my guess.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I read somewhere that Tatar requested $5M salary but I'm not sure if that was for the one-year deal or a long-term deal.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    1 year $4,000.000 - $4,500,000 contract is my guess.
    Is he worth that in cap leagues? I'm an owner and I'm on the fence with the guy. Can he put up 50-55 points or am i dreaming
    6 Team no limit Keeper. Cap league $100m
    Points only G/A=1, Hattrick = +3, Wins = 2, SO = +3, OTL/SOL = +1
    12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies, 6 Reserve (any position)

Forwards
    Crosby $8.7
    Stone $9.5
    Svechnikov $7.7
    Debrincat $6.4
    Hall $6
    Meier $6
    Guentzel $6
    Ehlers $6
    Hertl $5.6
    Konecny $5.5
    Palat $5.3
    JT Miller $5.2
    Garland $4.9
    Kakko $.9
    Laff $.9

Defense
    Josi $9
    Burns $8
    Letang $7.2
    Nurse $5.6
    Werenski $5
    Sergachev $4.8
    Fox $.9

Goalies
    Shesterkin $5.6
    Ullmark $5
    Hart $3.9
    Blackwood $2.8

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Big Baby View Post
    Is he worth that in cap leagues? I'm an owner and I'm on the fence with the guy. Can he put up 50-55 points or am i dreaming
    More likely between 45 and 50 points if he stays in Detroit. I just traded him because I didn't like him around $5M salary and the situation in Detroit. He's not someone who can create his own offense, he needs more talented players around him and that's not happening in Detroit.

Dobber Sports Immortal

This is from the Wings page and a post of mine in April....thought it could be relevant here.

Tatar

First 35 gp: 7g, 4a = 11 points (included a hatty)
    Last 47 gp from Dec 29 on: 18 g, 17a = 35 points

Nyquist had a very similar season (18 in 41GP followed by 30 in 35 GP). I guess what we don't know is whether they all just had slow starts.....or if their performance picked up once the "pressure was off" and Detroit was pretty much out of it. He;s always been a real streaky player so I can't see him getting much more than 50 points.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Tatar's playing hardball with Det to get it done before Arb. talking tough. the comment also says it could be his last, not that it would be
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    More likely between 45 and 50 points if he stays in Detroit. I just traded him because I didn't like him around $5M salary and the situation in Detroit. He's not someone who can create his own offense, he needs more talented players around him and that's not happening in Detroit.
    Well I traded for him thinking he'd get in the $4-5M range.

25G, 15-20 PPP with upside I figured he was worth the risk. Goals are hard to come by in the NHL so if he's asking $5M he's not being unreasonable given the deals signed in the past two years.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Wouldn't be surprised to see this contract be much higher than it should be and then Tatar finding a difficult time being employed down the road.