Thread: Drop Hoffman or McCarthy

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Drop Hoffman or McCarthy

McCarthy pitched yesterday but I have him on my DL. Can't decide who to drop....and even though some teams absolutely suck....no one is going for a 2 for 1.

Do I drop Hoffman or McCarthy?

Pros and cons to each. They both play for great teams, but Hoffman plays at Coors (and I already own Gray), and the Dodgers seemingly LOVE to put every pitcher but Kershaw on the 10 day DL every so often to give them a breather.

Hoffman seems to have more K potential....but McCarthy has an ERA of almost 3.00

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Drop Hoffman or McCarthy

I think I'd drop McCarthy.

Hoffman's ERA is ugly, but he's 5 and 1 with a great WHIP and K ratio. I think that ERA comes down.

Dobber Sports Titan

No easier options to drop? Like a batter or middle RP?

Between the two, I would probably want to keep McCarthy, but I haven't had much of an eye on Hoffman this season. Either way tough to drop talent like that.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    No easier options to drop? Like a batter or middle RP?

Between the two, I would probably want to keep McCarthy, but I haven't had much of an eye on Hoffman this season. Either way tough to drop talent like that.
    I just had to drop Contreas because no one would take him and I wanted Schwarber back at C. Here is my lineup:

C: Schwarber
    1B: Bour
    2B: Kinsler (wish I could drop)
    3B: Arenado
    SS: Correa
    LF: Bellinger
    CF: Pollock
    RF: Springer
    Util: Hamilton
    Bn: Marte (picked him up last week)

As for RP....we have two RP and two P spots so I like to have 4 in there...and we count SV and Hld separately.
    Davis
    J. Wilson
    Ottavino
    Bedrosian

Ottavino is the obvious choice and I want to drop him for another RP, but can't until I deal with McCarthy on my DL.

Other SP are: Martinez, McCullers, Paxton, Fullmer, Berrios, Duffy and Gray.

Dobber Sports Titan

You could also just drop Ottavino for now, activate McCarthy, and then once someone else hits the DL (you know it'll happen) then you have your spot freed up for a RP.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    You could also just drop Ottavino for now, activate McCarthy, and then once someone else hits the DL (you know it'll happen) then you have your spot freed up for a RP.
    That's true. In that case might as well wait until Friday. I'm sure someone will have a hangnail before then.