Thread: Anyone been to Death Valley, California?

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Anyone been to Death Valley, California?

Current temperature is 50 degrees Celsius. Anyone been there? what's it like

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Anyone been to Death Valley, California?

I went on a backpacking trip there for Thanksgiving this year. It was pretty damn hot, but nowhere near the high summer temperatures.

I've never felt 50 Celsius, but I was out camping and fishing in 43 a couple weeks ago and that was enough for me.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I've always wanted to go. Not sure if I could handle that heat though.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by FinnishFlash View Post
    I've always wanted to go. Not sure if I could handle that heat though.
    me neither. once i get into shape id love to check it out. id have a convoy of 10 vehicles just in case one of them breaks down, satellite phones, tonnes of water with me when i go lol

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I have been in the Atacama desert many times, which is basically the same. My biggest advice is this - put on your Chapstik or Blistek or whatever you want on the lips before you go there, and on the way. Doesn't matter how many bottles of water you drink, that is where you will feel dehydration first. Chapped lips are not fun.... of course do the usual big brim hat, lots of water, long sleeved shirt, and good sunscreen. Have fun !!

Dobber Sports Ninja

No.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    No.
    Same here.

Maybe ask this V guy?

Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

My boss was just telling me about it the other day. they were there when it was 126 F or something like that, he couldn't remember the exact temp.

But he said on the travels they saw this biker couple in full on on black leather jackets and everything and he said that the woman (passenger) had a look of murder in her eyes.

His guess was that husband or boyfriend convinced her to go for bike ride and she was doing her best to survive the date because he was the ride home and the relationship was over when home. haha

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    My boss was just telling me about it the other day. they were there when it was 126 F or something like that, he couldn't remember the exact temp.
    Yeah, but with the humidex, it feels like 159 F.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket