Thread: Forest fires surrounding my town

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Forest fires surrounding my town

That's crazy. Stay safe man.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by FinnishFlash View Post
    That's crazy. Stay safe man.
    thanks finnishflash. last night the army was called in to help assist with the efforts apparently. i was downtown last night and a helicopter with a bright light kept circling the town. one guy i know had his house burned down, a very respected elderly man. feel bad for him and the other people who lost their homes. praying for cooler temperatures and more rain

Dobber Sports Ace

Wow. Crazy stuff. Sorry to hear that.

Dobber Sports Monster

video on some workers sending fuel to the helicopters

https://twitter.com/AH035/status/883586034226745344

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Drove through 97 on Thursday just as things got started and it was surreal with all of the water bombers flying over head in lines. We will have to take a different route home Monday I imagine as the weather doesn't look like it's going to bring much relief. This fire is moving really fast. For those who remember the Fort Mac fire, this one is even faster than that one and totally out of control. Not to mention new ones keep popping up all over the province. The next few days could be really scary.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandals View Post
    Drove through 97 on Thursday just as things got started and it was surreal with all of the water bombers flying over head in lines. We will have to take a different route home Monday I imagine as the weather doesn't look like it's going to bring much relief. This fire is moving really fast. For those who remember the Fort Mac fire, this one is even faster than that one and totally out of control. Not to mention new ones keep popping up all over the province. The next few days could be really scary.
    stay safe mrsandals.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Oh I am fine. Just on vacation and need to take a few extra hours of driving. Nothing like what you are going through.

Dobber Sports Monster

Oh I am fine. Just on vacation and need to take a few extra hours of driving. Nothing like what you are going through.
    im ok, just worried about my family members with respiratory problems. this is somewhat scary, couldn't sleep last night. just had a 2 hour nap.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Yeah this area has been primed for a massive fire for years. It's unfortunate.

Dobber Sports Monster

Yeah this area has been primed for a massive fire for years. It's unfortunate.
    the terrible thing is the forecast is suppose to be sunny for the next week with temperatures in the high 20's and low 30's. am glued to facebook looking for any new news

Dobber Sports Monster

theres another fire 100 km west of williams lake burning right now which is threatening a community of 600-700. that fire already burned down a historic store and restaurant.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I thought I read there were 100+ new fires as of yesterday.

Dobber Sports Monster

I thought I read there were 100+ new fires as of yesterday.
    yep. when i kept reading facebook it seemed like every half hour there was a fire being reported here. i started to think someone was starting all these fires but realized there was dry lightning in the area and the temperature was about 31 degrees + there was a heavy wind

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Lots of these are created by people but you're right that the dry lightning is a big issue right now. It was insane weather through that area. Basically like a furnace that was blasting dry winds.

Dobber Sports Monster

am just reading that the indian reservation that the fire ripped through, they only lost 1 house and 1 shop. apparently a group of people stayed behind at night time and kept fighting the fires. some brave souls i tell ya. the fire looked like it was going to burn down all the houses.