Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Forest fires surrounding my town

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Forest fires surrounding my town

Holy shit that's some serious stuff. I've been through Williams Lake more than a few times (used to live up North) and I've seen this up close further north. Pretty scary stuff, I'm sure you've got a go-kit ready - hope you don't need it man.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post
    Holy shit that's some serious stuff. I've been through Williams Lake more than a few times (used to live up North) and I've seen this up close further north. Pretty scary stuff, I'm sure you've got a go-kit ready - hope you don't need it man.
    im ready to leave on a moments notice.

apparently theyre saying the airport hasnt burned down yet but the fire is surrounding it.

Dobber Sports Monster

heres a good picture of just ONE of the fires near town

fire5.png

Dobber Sports Monster

fire6.png

this is the fire just outside williams lake. apparently its not far from the Log Home site. There are 2 or 3 Timberking log home sites and one of them is burned down. The other one is like near the middle of this picture.

just talked to my nephews dad who got evacuated and the fire is near their house. he was in tears as he picked up my neph to go stay at a hotel. so sad. apparently power is going out in certain areas around town.

Dobber Sports Pro

Thanks for the photos and the updates, StuntMan. We're hearing about this in Victoria but your posts really bring it home. I hope you and the town get a lucky break with the weather.

Dobber Sports Genius

Powerful stuff. Exciting and scary reports. Stay safe Stunman. Mother Nature beats us all.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    Thanks for the photos and the updates, StuntMan. We're hearing about this in Victoria but your posts really bring it home. I hope you and the town get a lucky break with the weather.
    apparently the gas station just outside williams lake, about 4 or 5 km outside has burned down and the Indian Reservation that houses 1500 or so people is on fire from what some people are saying.

my sister lives about 5 km up the road from there and they have heard several explosions just recently

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Powerful stuff. Exciting and scary reports. Stay safe Stunman. Mother Nature beats us all.
    will do. they just did the evacuation on the indian reservation about 2-3 hours ago so i hope everyone got out of there. am worried some people got stubborn or didnt get the memo.

so if the gas station has burned down then the Log Home building site is burned down now too. It's right across the street from there

Dobber Sports Monster

fun fact. carey price played minor hockey here. i met him at boston pizza once when he was signing autographs for everyone back 10-12 years ago. have seen him around town a couple times at subway and the stampede

here is video of the fire near the airport.

https://www.facebook.com/CBCRadioWes...8390148887141/

Dobber Sports Monster

been confirmed by multiple eye witnesses that the Indian Reservation is burning down. Fire on both sides of the highway so most likely the Timberkings log building place is up in flames. Terrible man i feel for the people who have to start over

Dobber Sports Monster

our hospital and seniors homes are getting evacuated at the moment. some people are saying the whole town going to get evacuated tomorrow but its hard to know what to believe. so many false stories and rumors. first our airport was burned down and now it isnt. we'll see how things are in the morning

Dobber Sports Monster

now southlakeside of our town is getting evacuated. im about 5 km away from there so am going to stay up all night

Dobber Sports Master

mother nature sucks sometimes

Dobber Sports Monster

the Pioneer log home building yard (timber kings) has burned down. I tried uploading the picture on this computer but it's not working. I'll upload it on my other computer.

Dobber Sports Monster

this is a picture of the Timber Kings (pioneer log homes) burning last night. Terrible

pioneer.png