Thread: Holtby or Murray

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Holtby or Murray

In a cap league Murray has the appeal of lower cap hit of $3.75 million vs Holtby's $6.1 million. In addition the Pens are probably going to win more games after the moves the Caps made over the summer. I am concerned about Murray's injury history, though and the fact that he is yet to play as the undisputed full-time starter with all the pressure on him. Who do you pick for the next 3 years?

Thanks in advance.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Holtby or Murray

What at the stat categories? I still would want Holtby over Murray in terms of talent but with that cap difference I see them as almost equal if not a little in favour of Holtby. I think both teams will still be pretty good this year, flip a coin which one does better.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Holtby for me as well. I think Washington will still win lots of games for the next few years and Holtby will get the shutouts and peripherals to help!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Holtby for me

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    What at the stat categories? I still would want Holtby over Murray in terms of talent but with that cap difference I see them as almost equal if not a little in favour of Holtby. I think both teams will still be pretty good this year, flip a coin which one does better.
    Wins and SV%.

Yeah, I own Holtby and prefer him but for cap reasons (I need to shed >$10 million) I am considering making an offer for Murray.

Dobber Sports Ace

If you must shed some cap, given the information that we have, I would trade for Murray and look to acquire Niemi in another trade. See if you can acquire a 2018 1st in the deal - it's going to be beauty, so it would be wise to get the jump on the others.
    Comish Dynasty - 3 Tiers - 24 GMs (G A +/- PIM STP SOG HITS BLK W SV GAA / 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G) - $1130 SALARY CAP - Tier 1

C - Point $111, Horvat $67, Athanasiou $27 (C/LW), Mittelstadt $5, Lafferty $5 (C,LW,RW), Kupari $5, Coyle $40 (C/RW), Saarela $5
    LW - E.Kane $130, Bertuzzi $11 (LW/RW), Matt Martin $27, B.Lemieux $5, Haula (C/LW) $5, Motte $5,
    RW - Tarasenko $117, Keller $28 (RW/LW), Niederreiter $65 (LW/RW) , Tatar $57 (LW/RW), Kyrou $5 (C/LW), B.Ritchie
    D - Werenski $62, Pulock $57, R.Ellis $65, Ceci $36, T.Myers $59, T.DeAngelo $9, Bear $5, Witkowski, $5, Byram $5, Boqvist $5, T.Smith $5, Capobianco $5
    G - Grubauer $42, Rittich $27, Sorokin $5,

Dobber Sports Monster

Holtby for me. Especially if pitt is coming out saying they will limit his number of starts this next year

Dobber Sports Apprentice

What kind of player can you pick up with the cap savings? Are there lots of quality players available for you or are we looking at phantom cap space that is hard to use like in some leagues?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandals View Post
    What kind of player can you pick up with the cap savings? Are there lots of quality players available for you or are we looking at phantom cap space that is hard to use like in some leagues?
    I need to shed salary so the move won't give me any extra cap space to pick up other players; it is strictly to get me under the cap.