Thread: How do I look? REP!!!!

The Great One

Default How do I look? REP!!!!

So I made a series of trades (some better than others). I moved out Toffoli (which was probably bad) and Crawford (which as Ill explain is probably good). So I moved Toffoli Hertl and Orlov for Cammalerri, Kaprizov and V Rask. My thoughts are:

Rask = Hertl - I like Rask more but this is a coinflip
    Cammaleri = Orlov - With his new contract Orlov is an anchor. He may have upside but hes a no sog/no pim dman for 5+. Camals new deal is one million and I think he can survive
    Kaprizov<<Toffoli - This is where I lost the deal. KK hopes he can be toffoli some day. That being said if he comes over and impresses maybe im ok. I didntneed to take this risk though. Bad play

And then:
    Crawford Henrique and J Gauthier
    for
    Saaros, Lack, Neal, E Limdholm and Dano

That puts my G as Andersen + Smith/Lack (82 games out of a playoff team with a rock soild top 4). Saaros slides to 4 on that list (daily starts) and Korpisaalo goes to the farm team.

Lindholm fills a hole where I had no player and Neal replaces Henrique. No cap issues anywhere.

Howd I do??

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: How do I look? REP!!!!

I'll break it down into each trade to make the analysis easier:

Deal 1 I don't like. Toffoli is the best player in the deal right now, I like Hertl. Kaprizov has the potential to be the best of the bunch, but there are no guarantees he ever comes over or that his game translates. Big risk imo. I'm not high on Rask or Cammalleri so those are non factors for me, but Cammalleri could be decent cap value depending where he signs.

Deal 2 is hard to Guage without knowing the entire cap situation. On the surface I don't like it as I do t think you have a respectable number 2 goalie afterwards. Saros could be but I think he's a couple years away from a significant chunk of the starts. I like Lindholm, but I'd be surprised if Neal is worth his salary.

Without knowing all of the cap hits I don't really like the moves. But the cap impacts could change that.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by FinnishFlash View Post
    I'll break it down into each trade to make the analysis easier:

Deal 1 I don't like. Toffoli is the best player in the deal right now, I like Hertl. Kaprizov has the potential to be the best of the bunch, but there are no guarantees he ever comes over or that his game translates. Big risk imo. I'm not high on Rask or Cammalleri so those are non factors for me, but Cammalleri could be decent cap value depending where he signs.

Deal 2 is hard to Guage without knowing the entire cap situation. On the surface I don't like it as I do t think you have a respectable number 2 goalie afterwards. Saros could be but I think he's a couple years away from a significant chunk of the starts. I like Lindholm, but I'd be surprised if Neal is worth his salary.

Without knowing all of the cap hits I don't really like the moves. But the cap impacts could change that.
    Thanks for weighing in!!

Cap is fine I still have 5mil.

I hate deal one too. I think I ****ed up- got caught up in kaprizov fever- if he doesnt come over I ****ed my eam in the ass without lube. Deal 2 Im a big fan of. I think Crawford will start declining based on the decision management are making. I feel lik adding the starter form nashville (a cup contender) before he blows up with extra assets was genius. Time will tell and its a risk but in the interim I have andersen and all 82 of clagary's starts (smith and lack)- a teamk who I feel will be rock soolid as a playoff seed and with one of the best top 4 d in the entire nhl.

So I concur- deal one sucked- I shat the bed- deal 2 should almost make up for it (if Im right with mine own hunches).

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I just read the Kirill Kaprizov will be playing in the KHL for the next 3 seasons.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by TheBends View Post
    I just read the Kirill Kaprizov will be playing in the KHL for the next 3 seasons.
    Hasn't been confirmed yet.
    12 Team HTH Keeper
    (F's G=1 A=1, D G=1 A=1, All Skaters PPG=.5, SHG=.5 Goalies W=2 SO=3)

Dress 8 F, 4 D, 2 G weekly

F's-Marner, Rantanen, Crosby, Panarin, Guentzel, Caufield, Kaprizov, Lundell, Tomasino, Holtz, Pavelski, Zuccarello, Hagel, Dach

D-Makar, Josi, Doughty Andersson, AP, Hutson

G-Hellebuyck, Fleury, Comrie, Kochetkov, Wolf, Primeau, Sogaard

Dobber Sports Genius

Kirill Kaprizov will reportedly remain in the KHL for at least three more seasons.
    That's based on reports from the KHL, but there isn't confirmation yet. Kaprizov has been superb in the KHL with 20 goals and 42 points in 49 contests last season. The Wild control his NHL rights and obviously the ideal for them would be if he came to North America. It seems the Wild might have to get along without him though for now. Jul 7 - 7:05 PM
    Source: Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).