Poll: I drive a....

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dobberville's Car, Truck, Motorcycle and whatever else you drive thread.

Dobber Sports Genius

Cool Dobberville's Car, Truck, Motorcycle and whatever else you drive thread.

Trying another thread that I hope will stick. Been here a while now and there is no specific thread in which we can discuss our views, thoughts and takes on all things motorized. Beers, TV shows, and movies all do well here, so why not this.

Topics to include:
    -your vehicle and overall thoughts
    -gas mileage
    -upcoming makes and models
    -insurance rates
    -dealership stories both good and bad
    -promotions and incentives
    -post youtube videos of reviews
    -favourite cars
    -window tinting
    -problems you are having with the product (maybe someone here can help out)
    -what you grew up driving
    -cars you'd like to own
    -include boats, jet skis, motorcycles, skidoos, four wheelers too
    -anything really.

Currently traded in my 09 Silverado for a '13 veloster turbo and have enjoyed the ride so far. Did this at a dealership and got $7500 for the truck and $15000 for the car. The $ I save monthly on gas will go into the car payments. Getting about 6.8L per 100km compared to 15L with the truck and my daily driving habits. Window tinting the turbo is next. In two years i'll make another decision about what to drive. Had the truck for 8 years and was very attached. Best product I have purchased from GM.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Dobberville's Car, Truck, Motorcycle and whatever else you drive thread.

2014 Ram Big Horn. I'm honestly in love and i don't care about the mileage.

Tonneau cover, side steps, chromed everything already, Large and in charge tires. May get a leveling kit and an upgraded "fart cannon" on it, but the stock exhaust sounds pretty good so may take that $300-400 and get a tuner for it for mileage.

Just noticed i didnt really answer some possible topics:
    -your vehicle and overall thoughts
    Already answered
    -gas mileage
    I'm like 20min on the highway each direction for work, so when I drive just highway i can average like 13L/100km, but i'm around 15L/100km overall.
    -upcoming makes and models
    no clue
    -insurance rates
    I'm around $2000/yr, like $19xx
    -dealership stories both good and bad
    I had one dealer say i could get a discount on top of a discount, another not and when i said i could at this place he told me i was being ridiculous no one would do that. left instantly
    -promotions and incentives
    the incentive for a truck is girls love them now.
    -post youtube videos of reviews
    meh
    -favourite cars
    Dodge Chargers/Challengers have always been a love of mine. I seem to be a Dodge guy now (first car was a dodge intrepid)
    -window tinting
    -problems you are having with the product (maybe someone here can help out)
    I am never getting a flexfuel car again from Chevy and what not because the computer is so sensitive to slight off-s in the octane that it'll not start if you get bad gas. The check engine light ticks on for "running Rich" a lot, and it's just a headache for a fuel that never got off the ground. It was such a pain with my old car.
    -what you grew up driving
    2003 Intrepid with a tape deck
    -cars you'd like to own
    Challenger/Charger or an El Camino
    -include boats, jet skis, motorcycles, skidoos, four wheelers too
    My family has a boat and it's good. I wouldn't suggest buying a boat unless you have a ton of money you don't mind tossing into a recreational vehicle. They are money blackholes, but they are fun. My friend who's 24 has a boat. Bought it for like $5,000 (or 7,000) 2yrs ago and has easily put $10,000 into since. The boat was an '89 so I knew it would be a money pit for him so the repair bills are a lot obviously.
    -anything really.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Dobberville's Car, Truck, Motorcycle and whatever else you drive thread.

Great idea!! I hope it sticks too!

I hope when I get my house paid off that I can drive around in style and roll in one of these....

And I will toss a Flyers logo in the back window and really be riding around in style.

Anyways... on a more serious note...

We just purchased a 2017 Ford Edge with the ecoboost engine. It is such a nice ride and it is so quiet. Have to make sure you set the cruise on the highway because with the quietness you can be going 140 km and not even realize it because it is still so quiet.

We just drove West 750 kms and East 750 kms at 118km/h and averaged 10.1 litres per 100 kms. This also three days of city driving.

Administrator

My vehicle: 2007 Pontiac G5

Super reliable, cheap to operate. Given the poor condition of the roads in my area my car should have taken more damage than it has over the years. Even now it's holding up very well.

Walking:

Been doing this more since I met my girlfriend, especially for exploring trails and parks.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Veteran

Currently driving a 2006 Nissan Frontier that I bought new. Sadly its the 2WD 4cyl version so not only is it gutless its under powered and therefore bad on gas. I recently was given a Ford Escape which I plan to transition to.

Need to sell my truck but am lazy about it. Looking to get a summer driver instead.

Dobber Sports Titan

Just bought a 2009 Hyundai Elantra a couple months ago. First car, and it's exactly what you need out of it. Reliable, nothing fancy, and it got me from Hamilton to Sudbury and back on a single tank of gas last weekend.

I walk or bike places when I can though, and if I'm heading downtown (Toronto), I'll either take the subway or the go train.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by audiopile View Post
    Currently driving a 2006 Nissan Frontier that I bought new. Sadly its the 2WD 4cyl version so not only is it gutless its under powered and therefore bad on gas. I recently was given a Ford Escape which I plan to transition to.

Need to sell my truck but am lazy about it. Looking to get a summer driver instead.
    My parents have had two Ford Escapes and have nothing good to say about either. Both crapped out very fast, and they didn't have much else going for them anyways.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Stud

I drive a 2011 Ford F150 - standard 5.0L engine. I get about 11.5km/100 on the highway, and 14.0 when in town. The truck is used as a truck - making dump runs, going to the lumber store, helping out friends and family moving their stuff. No real complaints, other than the windshield washer mount freezes in the winter (poor engineering imo).

Wife drives a 2015 VW Passat - diesel (yes it has the fix). We get about 1250 km on a 70L tank of fuel when on the highway - which is why we bought the vehicle. No complaints at all, very happy with the ride and the mileage.
    WHL - 24tm multicast salary partial keeper
    19 Active / 6 Reserve / 15 Minors
    3C/3LW/3RW/3F/6D/1G
    Skaters: G/ A/ +/- /PIM/SOG/PPP/Hit/Blk/FOW-C
    Goalies: GS/W/OL/GAA/SV%/SV/SHO/ShL/A

Dobber Sports Monster

2005 chev colorado

Dobber Sports Ninja

I've always been a car guy. Owned 8 cars, 7 brand new. Yeah, I'm not the brightest guy buying all those new cars, but I've enjoyed owning them and only mildly regret the extra money spent on buying new. I've never owned the same brand twice, so much for brand loyalty! In order:

1973 GMC Sierra (pick up truck, 1/2 ton) - bought it when I was 15, got license at 16. My only used vehicle
    1985 Chrysler Laser - this one's embarrassing, I'll blame ignorance of youth
    1987 Ford Mustang GT - learned to drive manual on this one, hard to beat the sound of a V8, ended up in Germany driving on the autobahns!!! Got a little floaty over 200 km/hr
    1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo - purchased in Belgium tax free while living in Germany (paid a reduced tax on return to Canada), 4 cyl very thirsty at autobahn speeds. Mid-engine helped make it a very fun car, trunk could hold a hockey bag
    1998 Honda Civic Hatchback - low maintenance, sporty, very good winter car, great gas mileage, once fit a six foot table (legs folded up) inside and closed the hatch. Sold it to a friend who took it to Rome, Italy
    2004 Volvo S60R - best winter car ever thanks to all-wheel drive, traction control and Pirelli Sno-Sport tires, ended up taking it to Norway for two years, fit right in with the locals, beautiful interior, especially the seats and dash, just beautiful
    2008 Hyundai Accent Sport - lost Volvo in marital split, needed cheap wheels I could pay cash for, still wanted new. Felt cheap after driving the Volvo for 4 years
    2013 BMW 135i - got a 20% deal I couldn't turn down, Inline 6 cyl engine is strong, has gobs of torque almost all the way to redline and sounds great. Plain interior (typical BMW, very utilitarian)

There are only two cars I currently want and might be able to afford. I'm waiting to see if I can work outside Canada again (deferred taxes on Canadian vehicles purchased that leave the country) - Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport or Porsche Cayman. I won't be able to afford unless my job takes me outside the country or I find a sugar momma who tolerates my car addiction. If I stay in Canada, maybe I buy one of those used in 3-5 years.

Great subject guys!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Master

2002 Nissan Maxima SE... V6 and stick shift.

She's showing some miles (and not great mileage) but still enjoy having her. I did a little upgrade to add an aux line to the tape deck ($5 aux cable... some time and soldering) so now we can play an ipod through the stereo... also had to replace the motor on the driver side window a year or two back.

First car was a 20yr old hyundai pony.... 75hp, rear drive, stick shift. That car was living proof of the old adage: it is more fun to drive a fast in a slow car fast than a fast car slow.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    My parents have had two Ford Escapes and have nothing good to say about either. Both crapped out very fast, and they didn't have much else going for them anyways.
    My parents have 1 car they own and one they lease. They've been doing this for 6-7yrs now and it's been since the Ford Escape but the remodel year (not the boxy ones). I've driven it and liked them, they loved that 2013 (i think) so much they got the 2017 when the lease was up. Only problem with the remodel one (2013) was a bunch of small things had recalls on them throughout the Escape trim levels. This is expected to me in remodel years, sucks but it happens. The big one they didnt have to worry about was a hose (I think it was coolant) was used from the I4 Turbo to the V6 Turbo engines and it wasn't strong enough and would burst.

But from 2013-now, I've only read great things on Ford actually besides the 2013 recalls

Dobber Sports Titan

I just went to Cleveland in my truck and it only cost my like $90cad in gas round trip thanks to america having cheap gas, and all highway driving. It was ridiculous, I thought I did the math wrong at first.

I asked my friend who was the other driver (Hyundai Tuscon) and he said he did about $80cad in gas on the trip. Couldn't believe the slight difference (like $10 over 850km in driving....). The newer (mines a 2014) trucks are great on gas on the highway! Well not great, but not horrible! My 2010 Malibu would have likely been the same.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I drive a 2013 Ford Flex ... aka "the Land Yacht". Wasn't sure where that fit into the Car/Truck poll but it certainly isn't a VAN!

Nothing but great things to say about this family truckster. Go watch the first 10 minutes (and last 5) of Daddy's Home and Will Farrell (and Marky Mark) pretty much sum it all up!

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    I drive a 2013 Ford Flex ... aka "the Land Yacht". Wasn't sure where that fit into the Car/Truck poll but it certainly isn't a VAN!

Nothing but great things to say about this family truckster. Go watch the first 10 minutes (and last 5) of Daddy's Home and Will Farrell (and Marky Mark) pretty much sum it all up!
    The look terrible on the outside, but apparently they are amazing on the inside.