Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Kyle Connor

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Kyle Connor

40 should be a decent marker. Most of the time when a solid prospect hits the nhl... it's a full season before they reach 1st year expectations. so if you think 50 this year... more likely that will come in 18/19.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Jones Street Boys View Post
    His defensive game was a big reason he got sent down to the moose in the fall, but he seemed to improve quite a bit on it over the year. And even tho he can still improve on it pairing him with wheeler and little (most experienced forwards on the team) will definitely help him. Just my opinion but that's where I see him making it out of camp (if he does) and that's where his spot should be in the future with the jets.
    With roslovic I just feel he needs more time in the A and he'll start the season there. It's so much easier for wings to make the jump to the NHL than centers. Plus the jets have scheifele, little, Lowry, and Perrault, copp and petan all can play center as well. Aaaand with the stubborn loyalness wpg has with seniority and bubble players I just don't see jack beating out one of those guys, and I doubt they want him on the bottom 6.
    Is it the coach that is big on being loyal to vet players? It seems like it's a standard way of doing things with most teams.

Dobber Sports Master

I am right there with Jones Street Boys.

If Connor makes the Jets next year, it's top 6 or bust. I really like the MTL Pacioretty comparison, since that's exactly how he should be treated and probably will be. Though the NHL has gone much more the way of 3 balanced scoring and skating lines, which means even if Connor doesn't play in the traditional top 6, it doesn't mean he will be placed in a defensive role, which would be a waste. If they turn this kid loose next year, I see 25G and 40 pts. Scoring goals is hard to do in this NHL, but Connor's best skill is his goal scoring. Former coach Red Berenson described his game as all-out speed and offense and that was on full display in the A' after the calendar flipped to 2017.

I don't seem him scoring less than 15G in the NHL next season and I don't see him not making the Jets opening roster. He is too good for the AHL.

Roslovic is a different player entirely. He is the Tomas Plekanec to Connor's Max Pacioretty, if you will. His game is built on smarts and tenacity, instead of physical gifts. I could see the Jets wanting him to lead the Moose again this year, perhaps while they use the time to make room. He is by no means "done" with the AHL, but does look the part of a traditional, multi-position, utility player. IMO it's harder to figure out what the Jets's plans are for him.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    I am right there with Jones Street Boys.

If Connor makes the Jets next year, it's top 6 or bust. I really like the MTL Pacioretty comparison, since that's exactly how he should be treated and probably will be. Though the NHL has gone much more the way of 3 balanced scoring and skating lines, which means even if Connor doesn't play in the traditional top 6, it doesn't mean he will be placed in a defensive role, which would be a waste. If they turn this kid loose next year, I see 25G and 40 pts. Scoring goals is hard to do in this NHL, but Connor's best skill is his goal scoring. Former coach Red Berenson described his game as all-out speed and offense and that was on full display in the A' after the calendar flipped to 2017.

I don't seem him scoring less than 15G in the NHL next season and I don't see him not making the Jets opening roster. He is too good for the AHL.

Roslovic is a different player entirely. He is the Tomas Plekanec to Connor's Max Pacioretty, if you will. His game is built on smarts and tenacity, instead of physical gifts. I could see the Jets wanting him to lead the Moose again this year, perhaps while they use the time to make room. He is by no means "done" with the AHL, but does look the part of a traditional, multi-position, utility player. IMO it's harder to figure out what the Jets's plans are for him.
    100% agree with this take.

Connor should be penciled in somewhere on the 2nd or 3rd line on opening night (I'd put pencil him in on the 2nd line with Little and Wheeler).

Roslovic should be the first call-up when Little or Perrault go down with their annual injury.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I can't see him making the Jets roster next year unless there is an injury. He's a top 6 forward and one more year in the AHL getting ice time will help him. No dought he's a talented player.

Dobber Sports Ace

I see him on the 3rd line wing until someone gets injured on the top 2 lines.

Unless Jets management think he's not getting enough ice time. I think he will stick with the Jets for the full season.
    2015-16-17, 23 Champion
    12Team Roto Keeper (5keepers) Weekly lineups
    Player: G, A,+/-, PPG, PPA, SOG = 2pts
    Player: +/-, Blocked Shots = 1pt
    Goalie: GGP, GAA, SPct, W, SO = 1pt
    Lineup: 3C, 4W, 4D 2G, 6Farm/Prospect Players

C: C.McDavid, T.Thompson
    W: K.Kaprizov, ,
    D: A. Fox,
    G: I.Shesterkin,

Farm/Prospects free carry: C: M. Savoie W:
    D: L. Hutson G: D. Levi

Dobber Sports Master

Ok,

So Kyle Connor blew his audition this year. He had a horrible camp and did not take advantage of his opportunities when given a chance on the top line. He looked dangerous at times, but his conversion rate was bust.

What was more worrisome is that after a whole year in the AHL where he improved his defence, his defence (and commitment to it) is what I saw as a huge flaw this camp. I even watched his first few games with the Moose and his defence and hustle looked terrible. That is the kind of crap that will keep you out of the show.

His offense is ridiculous. He scores goals like nobody's business. He has a laser beam for a shot and has the coordination to whack rolling pucks in the top corner of the net with ease.

He needs to show better defensive commitment and hustle if he is to get called-up. Right now, I don't see it and I am a little disappointed.

Like last year, I watched him a lot. I will continue to do so and post updates in this thread, instead of the Jets team thread.

Come on, Kyle.
    Blades of Steel

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Jedi

Time to preach patience. he was a 17th overall pick.

Look at the guys drafted before and him, Gurianov, Zboril, BeBrusk, Senyshyn, Barzal, Chabot, Svechnikov, White, Roslovic, Juulsen, Eriksson-Ek, Boeser, Meier... hell, even Dylan Strome are all in various forms of 'almost ready'

Yes, there are things he needs to work on. Usually with offensive prospects it's the D side of the game. It really comes down to his commitment to that side of his game. Kadri's a pretty good example of a player everyone thought was 'ready' too bad he thought his own d-zone was contaminated waste and avoided it for the first 3 years.

It comes down to how bad he's willing to work for what he wants.

But by looking at those drafted from 12-23 around him that year (you can expand that range as well). There should be no concerns long term

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Time to preach patience. he was a 17th overall pick.

Look at the guys drafted before and him, Gurianov, Zboril, BeBrusk, Senyshyn, Barzal, Chabot, Svechnikov, White, Roslovic, Juulsen, Eriksson-Ek, Boeser, Meier... hell, even Dylan Strome are all in various forms of 'almost ready'

Yes, there are things he needs to work on. Usually with offensive prospects it's the D side of the game. It really comes down to his commitment to that side of his game. Kadri's a pretty good example of a player everyone thought was 'ready' too bad he thought his own d-zone was contaminated waste and avoided it for the first 3 years.

It comes down to how bad he's willing to work for what he wants.

But by looking at those drafted from 12-23 around him that year (you can expand that range as well). There should be no concerns long term
    And yet I thought my post had some positives too! lol

I know I have to be patient... I'm just evaluating what I see from game to game and year to year. I think expectations were higher on him this year and he squeezed the stick a little maybe on offense and for some reason, thought he could ignore playing hard defence. He blew his audition but it doesn't mean he won't get another.

Not playing avid D for the Moose is a wrong way to start, though. So come on, Kyle. Hustle baby!
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Wizard

I know I have to be patient... I'm just evaluating what I see from game to game and year to year. I think expectations were higher on him this year and he squeezed the stick a little maybe on offense and for some reason, thought he could ignore playing hard defence. He blew his audition but it doesn't mean he won't get another.

Not playing avid D for the Moose is a wrong way to start, though. So come on, Kyle. Hustle baby!
    For some reason, I'm reading this in Cartman's voice, with a few extra words added in for a good measure.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    For some reason, I'm reading this in Cartman's voice, with a few extra words added in for a good measure.
    lol... You should read it more in George Costanza's voice, especially the last part. Jerry Seinfeld too maybe.
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Jedi

I didn't reply directly to your quote as I was only loosely replying to your comments. You're not the only one that's frustrated he's taking another year to make the full time jump. My point moreso that while he isn't ready yet, his development largely seems on par with those in his draft year with similar draft pedigree. That should provide a sigh of relief to owners as he's not fully being left behind by his peers.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I didn't reply directly to your quote as I was only loosely replying to your comments. You're not the only one that's frustrated he's taking another year to make the full time jump. My point moreso that while he isn't ready yet, his development largely seems on par with those in his draft year with similar draft pedigree. That should provide a sigh of relief to owners as he's not fully being left behind by his peers.
    I wasn't mad at you... just mad at Kyle! Ok, not mad... disappointed. You make a good point about his peers. I'm gonna watch more Moose (Meese?) games to monitor his progress in the defensive zone. His offensive progress is already easily NHL level.
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Superstar

Be patient with Kyle, needs to excel at tthe defence side so when he finally gets to the Jets he sticks for good. He'll get his chance.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Sage

Called up to fill Perreault's spot. Its supposed to be a 4 week injury so Connor could get a real opportunity here.

https://twitter.com/WiebeSunSports/s...56091647258624

https://twitter.com/saraorlesky/stat...83902168580096