Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Kyle Connor

Dobber Sports Sage

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Kyle Connor

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    Called up to fill Perreault's spot. Its supposed to be a 4 week injury so Connor could get a real opportunity here.

https://twitter.com/WiebeSunSports/s...56091647258624

https://twitter.com/saraorlesky/stat...83902168580096
    Getting called up is opportunity one. Getting a real shot to produce is the opportunity he needs. Hopefully they give him that.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

The article I posted says he is playing with Little and Laine. That's a scoring line, plus he probably will be out there for a decent chunk of PP. It's a four-week audition.

Dobber Sports Master

Saw it earlier today and love it. Let's go Kyle, show us that speed, those hands and THAT DEFENSIVE HUSTLE!

I really look forward to seeing him in action. I think he's got something..
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Prodigy

His long term upside is great. but for this year only, would you give up labanc, schmaltz, vrana, bjorkstrand, or zacha for him?

Long term Connor ranks higher than all of those listed right?

Part of this is do you think he will play well enough in these next 4 weeks to stay up after perrault comes back?
    SBF Keeper League // 10 Teams // NHL Salary Cap //
    4C, 8W, 6D, 1G, 4B
    G=3pts, A=2pts, Shots=.2, PIMS=.2, Blocks=.2pts, Hits=.2pts, PPP=.5pts, SHP=1pt, GWG=.5pts,
    W=3pts, SO=4pts, GA=-.5, Saves=.1pt

St. Petterssons

C: Pettersson, Zacha, Novak, Kurashev, Lapierre
    W: Kucherov, Draisaitl, Hyman, W Nylander, Bratt, P Kane, Roslovic, Milano, A Nylander, M Jones
    D: Theodore, Seider, Gostisbehere, Harley, York, Perunovich, Sandin
    G: Skinner

*Bold means I can't drop them (but I can trade them).

Dobber Sports Genius

His biggest problem in pre-season was that he didn't capitalize on his offensive chances, so there was little to make up for any shortcomings. If he settles his brain a bit (let's face it, this guy can shoot and finish plays), he should be fine. The defense and hustle should come in time, if he's got the right attitude. If any of Scheifele and Wheeler's commitment rubs off on him, he'll be just fine.

Dobber Sports Master

That was a nice goal last night despite the loss. I only saw the highlights, so maybe there was some line shuffling, since Wheeler and Scheifele fell well into the minus column, while Connor did not. He had top line ice time too. Lots to like from this one game for him.

Ugly game defensively overall for the Jets. I don't care who's in net, you can't give up 39 shots and expect to win a game...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jessenguyen41 View Post
    His long term upside is great. but for this year only, would you give up labanc, schmaltz, vrana, bjorkstrand, or zacha for him?

Long term Connor ranks higher than all of those listed right?

Part of this is do you think he will play well enough in these next 4 weeks to stay up after perrault comes back?
    For Vrana or Zacha maybe. The other two, no.
    Blades of Steel

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    That was a nice goal last night despite the loss. I only saw the highlights, so maybe there was some line shuffling, since Wheeler and Scheifele fell well into the minus column, while Connor did not. He had top line ice time too. Lots to like from this one game for him.

Ugly game defensively overall for the Jets. I don't care who's in net, you can't give up 39 shots and expect to win a game...

- - - Updated - - -

For Vrana or Zacha maybe. The other two, no.
    I watched the first two periods and man, they hung Mason out to dry. He gave up one bad one but the other goals I saw were simply due to piss poor defensive coverage in their own end. Terrible game for the Jets defensively.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I watched the first two periods and man, they hung Mason out to dry. He gave up one bad one but the other goals I saw were simply due to piss poor defensive coverage in their own end. Terrible game for the Jets defensively.
    How did Connor look in his own zone and on coverage?
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Deity

He didn't look bad suprisingly. The D on the other hand were killing the Jets. Turnovers in their own end and simply struggling to get the puck out.

Dobber Sports Master

He didn't look bad suprisingly. The D on the other hand were killing the Jets. Turnovers in their own end and simply struggling to get the puck out.
    Lemme guess: Dustin Byfuglien and Tobias Enstrom...

I'm glad Connor looked good. He has reportedly worked on it.. so keep at it baby!
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Deity

Lemme guess: Dustin Byfuglien and Tobias Enstrom...

I'm glad Connor looked good. He has reportedly worked on it.. so keep at it baby!
    Tyler Myers was the worst of the bunch IMO. He and Enstrom.

Dobber Sports Master

Tyler Myers was the worst of the bunch IMO.
    And he had so much promise.. I'll give him 1-15 games to shape up, since he missed pretty well all of last year, but let's hope injuries don't do to him what they did to Enstrom.
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Master

Man, Kyle looked good tonight. Great pass to Wheeler for the win and played near 20 mins. Looked good. Keep it up!
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Man, Kyle looked good tonight. Great pass to Wheeler for the win and played near 20 mins. Looked good. Keep it up!
    The minutes are what are really telling... they want to give him the opportunity to prove he should stay.. I'm encouraged