Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Kyle Connor

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Kyle Connor

I'm getting ready for next year.. what do you think he'll look like next year?

Is 50ish points a realistic target?

Will he even be in the NHL all season?
    [FONT=trebuchet ms]
    7 Partial Keeper (Keep 5 + 2 reserve spots) 12F (G,A=1) 6D (G,A=1.5) 2G (W=2,OTL=1,SO=1)
    F: MacKinnon, Marner, Svechnikov, J.Hughes, Konecny, Ziba, Malkin, Kaprisov, Monahan, Reinhart, Tarasenko, Seguin (Hintz while IR)
    D: Chabot, Q.Hughes, Barrie, Sergachev, Burns, Dobson
    G: Price, Hellebuyck
    Reserve: Kakko, Gusev

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Kyle Connor

I'm not sure he's a full time NHLer next year.

If he stays up for the full 82 games, I'd put his upside between 35 and 45 points. Long-term though he has huge upside.

Dobber Sports Ace

I think that the two extremes that you have put forward (50 points vs even being in the NHL) is a good indicator that projections for him should fall somewhere in the middle. I would think that he'll be in the NHL, at least to start (like last season). Barring an injury, I do not see a top 6 spot for him, however. He could get some PP2 time. He's a good prospect on a very exciting, young team, so he's definitely worth owning in a dynasty format. I would put him down for 25-30 points (kind of like a Nick Schmaltz situation in Chicago last year).

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by FinnishFlash View Post
    I'm not sure he's a full time NHLer next year.

If he stays up for the full 82 games, I'd put his upside between 35 and 45 points. Long-term though he has huge upside.
    I'd agree with this statement. I think if he makes the team he'll be in a bottom 6 role for now though.
    Project 30-40 if he gets in a full season.
    2015-16-17, 23 Champion
    12Team Roto Keeper (5keepers) Weekly lineups
    Player: G, A,+/-, PPG, PPA, SOG = 2pts
    Player: +/-, Blocked Shots = 1pt
    Goalie: GGP, GAA, SPct, W, SO = 1pt
    Lineup: 3C, 4W, 4D 2G, 6Farm/Prospect Players

C: C.McDavid, T.Thompson
    W: K.Kaprizov, ,
    D: A. Fox,
    G: I.Shesterkin,

Farm/Prospects free carry: C: M. Savoie W:
    D: L. Hutson G: D. Levi

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Have to agree with Tobias. Winnipeg has done some good stuff next year and wants to be a winning team. He will only get opportunities if he really blows the doors off and that's a tough thing to do in today's NHL. If he hits 30 points I think you'll be happy with that, but of course with a guy like him anything could happen.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I do not see him in the 50 point range next year even if he plays a full schedule.

I think he splits his time between the A and the N next year.

Dobber Sports Monster

i doubt he hits 50 pts. i think 30 - 35 pts is more realistic

Dobber Sports Stud

[QUOTE=FinnishFlash;1777610]I'm not sure he's a full time NHLer next year.

If he stays up for the full 82 games, I'd put his upside between 35 and 45 points. Long

Right here. Absolutely bang on. Love his upside.
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SHP,GWG,H,BS,W,SV%,SA,SO
    12 Man H2H Salary Keeper League
    C - S.Crosby/S.Monahan/G.Landeskog(lw)/W.Karlsson
    LW- T.Hall/B.Rust(lw)/N.Hoglander
    RW - J.Guentzel(lw)/ T.Tatar(lw)/J.Pulujaarvi/K.Kapanen(lw)
    D - B.Burns/E.Karlsson/M.Heiskanen/J.Carlson
    G - I.Sorokin/I.Shesterkin/T.Demko/C.Peterson/C.Talbot
    Farm - C.Primeau/P.Kochetov/C.Caufield/E.Svechnikov

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Are there any good resources on how players from the NCAA transition to the NHL? It seems like they are quite successful in general but my gut feelings are rarely in line with reality.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

He'll be competing with Roslovic who seems to have more of a two-way game and less offensive skill to waste in the bottom-6. Even though Roslovic finished higher in points, Connor just started slowly and turned it on at the end of the season. It could be that Roslovic fits what the roster needs more this year. Connor will get some time but it probably won't be a full season's worth. 40 games, 15-25 points depending on who he's covering for and where.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Great take bergman. Sounds like you think Connor is either going to get bigger minutes in a skill role or not be in the lineup, whereas Roslovic can play down the lineup a bit more as needed?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandals View Post
    Great take bergman. Sounds like you think Connor is either going to get bigger minutes in a skill role or not be in the lineup, whereas Roslovic can play down the lineup a bit more as needed?
    Yeah. Connor is young and has huge upside. If he isn't getting top minutes in the NHL, they'd probably figure he should get top minutes in the AHL to gain experience and maintain skills, and not ruin offensive instincts playing a more defensively-minded game. A precedent would be Pacioretty in Montreal/Hamilton - he mainly came up to play in the top-6 when there was an injury, then it was right back down to keep up playing time.

I could see Roslovic being the guy who makes the first cut this year - but that's without really taking a look at their roster and it's still early July. Their top-6 seems pretty set. Connor would be the first call-up to replace an Ehlers, for example.

Dobber Sports Novice

I watch every jets game and attend about 10 moose games a year, Connor and roslovic absolutely carried the team in the last couple months of the season, and Connor especially looked like a completely different player in the spring than he did in the fall.
    My gut feeling is Connor makes the team out of camp and roslovic doesn't (unless jack has an unreal camp). If the jets roll with scheifele ehlers laine as their top line Connor would only have to beat out Perrault to get the second line spot with wheeler and little and some PP2 time. If he can stay there all season I could see 50 BUT that's if he can stay there.
    1st year in the big league there's most likely gonna be some ups and downs and line juggling. I'd say 30-40 is more realistic this year but I really like his potential going forward.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Will the Jets need offence more than they need solid defensive play? How is Connor's defensive game, anyway?

Dobber Sports Novice

His defensive game was a big reason he got sent down to the moose in the fall, but he seemed to improve quite a bit on it over the year. And even tho he can still improve on it pairing him with wheeler and little (most experienced forwards on the team) will definitely help him. Just my opinion but that's where I see him making it out of camp (if he does) and that's where his spot should be in the future with the jets.
    With roslovic I just feel he needs more time in the A and he'll start the season there. It's so much easier for wings to make the jump to the NHL than centers. Plus the jets have scheifele, little, Lowry, and Perrault, copp and petan all can play center as well. Aaaand with the stubborn loyalness wpg has with seniority and bubble players I just don't see jack beating out one of those guys, and I doubt they want him on the bottom 6.