Thread: Anyone here into watching youtube vloggers?

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Anyone here into watching youtube vloggers?

been watching poker vloggers lately. daniel negreanu, jeff gross, andrew neeme are good ones.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Anyone here into watching youtube vloggers?

yea i watch those too. There's another guy I watch, I think his name is brad owen. He's friends with andrew neeme. I also watch a fair bit of pokerstaples, all in pav, buehlero if you enjoy watching online poker play.
    Yahoo:16 team h2h (18 man rosters) 4keepers per team
    player cats:
    G,A,+/-ppp,shp,sog,gwg,hits,blks :goalie cats:W,gaa,sv%,so
    3c-Zibanejad, Getzlaf, Trochek
    6w-Fiala, JT Miller,Pastrnak, Pearson, kapanen, Lindblom
    4d-Hamilton,Provorov, R.Andersson, Doughty
    2g-Markstrom, Blackwood
    bench-Schultz, McCann, Lowry
    IR:Kucherov, Beauvilier

Fantrax:Nordiques 9 team dynasty pts only (max roster:50)
    notables:Stamkos, Seguin, Kuznetsov, E.Lindholm, Debrincat, Wheeler, Marchand, PLD, Kessel, Meier, Tuch, Hedman, Suter, Chabot, Bobrovsky ,Hellebuyck, Binnington
    notable prospects:Turcotte, Zegras, N.Suzuki, Farabee, Denisenko, Krebs, N.Robertson, Jokiharju, Shestyorkin

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Avalanche_Ambush View Post
    yea i watch those too. There's another guy I watch, I think his name is brad owen. He's friends with andrew neeme. I also watch a fair bit of pokerstaples, all in pav, buehlero if you enjoy watching online poker play.
    havent got around to watch his vlogs yet. another one i watch is thetrooper97vlog. he is quite funny. i find doug polk has to be the best if you're looking to improve your poker game.

I do often. I catch-up on my Daily Show episodes, Noam Chomsky and Edward Said interviews/debates (and others), love behind the scenes music interviews, and dead-lift/squat tips from Alan Thrall. Usually jump on every day after work for about an hour to decompress.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    I do often. I catch-up on my Daily Show episodes, Noam Chomsky and Edward Said interviews/debates (and others), love behind the scenes music interviews, and dead-lift/squat tips from Alan Thrall. Usually jump on every day after work for about an hour to decompress.
    yep. i usually catch up on all them before i go to sleep. am too burned out playing poker so its good to just watch videos on poker.

joe rogan podcasts are interesting to watch too.

Dobber Sports Icon

By vlogger do you mean just people with Youtube channels? Sorry I'm not hip to the kids' lingo these days...

Anyways I like a few, Philip DeFranco, Jim Sterling, Colin Moriarty, plus a lot of video game info channels (Kinda Funny, IGN - not watching people play games).
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post
    By vlogger do you mean just people with Youtube channels? Sorry I'm not hip to the kids' lingo these days...

Anyways I like a few, Philip DeFranco, Jim Sterling, Colin Moriarty, plus a lot of video game info channels (Kinda Funny, IGN - not watching people play games).
    vlogging is usually daily videos where people just show what they do during the day. i mainly watch the poker ones. daily video blog is basically what they are

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    vlogging is usually daily videos where people just show what they do during the day. i mainly watch the poker ones. daily video blog is basically what they are
    OK thanks for the clarification - I haven't watched any of those.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

The Great One

been watching poker vloggers lately. daniel negreanu, jeff gross, andrew neeme are good ones.
    I'm huge into poker and of course watch neeme, plus pokermonk, Brad Owen, and Jeff Boski. So glad you didn't list Mr. Negative, a.k.a., The Trooper97. I'm not a fan of Negreanu's since he uses a professional crew and is all gung ho into the choice center stuff. Doug Polk is entertaining too.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    I'm huge into poker and of course watch neeme, plus pokermonk, Brad Owen, and Jeff Boski. So glad you didn't list Mr. Negative, a.k.a., The Trooper97. I'm not a fan of Negreanu's since he uses a professional crew and is all gung ho into the choice center stuff. Doug Polk is entertaining too.
    i watch thetrooper lol. but yeah i hear you he is very negative. seems to get a lot of negative comments on his videos.

i kept saying that one day "Whaddup, it's the trooper!" lol

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post
    OK thanks for the clarification - I haven't watched any of those.
    i remember watching one persons vlog and i started thinking "man how boring is my life, im watching a video of someone living their life" lmao thought that was funny

Dobber Sports Star

i remember watching one persons vlog and i started thinking "man how boring is my life, im watching a video of someone living their life"
    That's the thing I don't understand about these vlogs. You watch these people presumably because you want to be like them, but how much time do THEY spend each day watching other people's lives via vblogs? If you want their life, get out there and take steps toward it.

Sitting at home and watching their lives will only make you feel worse about your own. They just seem like modern day beauty magazines to me.

Dobber Sports Star

The last time I was in Vegas, I was playing at a 10-20 No-Limit table at the Bellagio which was pretty loose, and having some great swings. Because of the action, the table was drawing quite a crowd, including Daniel Negraneau. I remember a hand where I had a monster full house, and on the river, I raised like 2 grand. One of the other guys re-raised, which would have put me all in for my final 7 or 8 thousand. I thought about it for a minute or two, but I just felt as though I was beaten. I finally folded, but showed my hand to try to get a reaction out of him. The overwhelming response from the crowd, was that I was crazy to lay down such a monster hand, but I thought I caught a glimpse of something in the winner's eye. Negraneau approached me, and told me that I just made a great lay-down because he felt as though I was beaten, and that I shouldn't listen to the crowd. It felt good to hear that from him. I thanked him, and told him that I was Canadian too, and we spent the next couple hours hanging out and shooting the shit. It was a pretty cool moment.

The next day, I was in the elevator with the guy who won the hand. He laughed and confirmed to me that he had the nuts. It was a pretty good trip for me. I made like 9 thousand dollars in 5 days and hung out with Negraneau for a few hours. He is a super cool guy; maybe the best poker player in the world? And super down to Earth. I have never listened to his VLogs though. Maybe I will check it out.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    The last time I was in Vegas, I was playing at a 10-20 No-Limit table at the Bellagio which was pretty loose, and having some great swings. Because of the action, the table was drawing quite a crowd, including Daniel Negraneau. I remember a hand where I had a monster full house, and on the river, I raised like 2 grand. One of the other guys re-raised, which would have put me all in for my final 7 or 8 thousand. I thought about it for a minute or two, but I just felt as though I was beaten. I finally folded, but showed my hand to try to get a reaction out of him. The overwhelming response from the crowd, was that I was crazy to lay down such a monster hand, but I thought I caught a glimpse of something in the winner's eye. Negraneau approached me, and told me that I just made a great lay-down because he felt as though I was beaten, and that I shouldn't listen to the crowd. It felt good to hear that from him. I thanked him, and told him that I was Canadian too, and we spent the next couple hours hanging out and shooting the shit. It was a pretty cool moment.

The next day, I was in the elevator with the guy who won the hand. He laughed and confirmed to me that he had the nuts. It was a pretty good trip for me. I made like 9 thousand dollars in 5 days and hung out with Negraneau for a few hours. He is a super cool guy; maybe the best poker player in the world? And super down to Earth. I have never listened to his VLogs though. Maybe I will check it out.

Rylant
    thanks for sharing your story. always tough to lay down a huge hand like that, id be scared for them to show me a bluff and look silly.

here i considered 1/2 as high stakes lol

Banned

Youtube bloggers are interesting.