Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Darling or Raanta?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Darling or Raanta?

Thanks for the viewpoints, everybody. Repped where I could. I was always leaning Darling, possibly because there was more "next Talbot" talk with him earlier when he went to Carolina, but it's interesting to see that it's far from a consensus.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Not sure if he will be quite 'next Talbot level', but with goalies you never know. We should have a really good idea after this season.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

One other thought - if you had the chance to pick up a G in a dynasty league, would you go for one of these two, or pick up and hold Hellebuyck if he was available?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I don't like what happened in Winnipeg this season with their goaltender situation, so if your team has a real shot this season then I would not take Hellebuyck. Otherwise, yes take him.

Dobber Sports Sage

Darling > Hellebuyck for me

Kruger helps Darling even more. I know I am biased but I have seen a lot of Darling and it would not surprise me in the least if he is a top 10 goalie. He is crazy athletic and big. I think he'll outproduce Crawford this season.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt, Hayton
    RW- Batherson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Stone, Wilson, Raymond,
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Ristolainen, Cernak, Barrie
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Levi, Tarasov

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Mintyukov, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, Podskolvin, REvans, Dorofeyev, Anunumen

Dobber Sports Apprentice

He would be a great story if that happens. He's played all over the place since being drafted and has quietly bided his time.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandals View Post
    I don't like what happened in Winnipeg this season with their goaltender situation, so if your team has a real shot this season then I would not take Hellebuyck. Otherwise, yes take him.
    Thanks for the feedback. This was my thought process at first. I just joined this league and my team is hot garbage so I have to think long term. But I'm starting to think that even 3-4 years from now, Darling might be the better play...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Good luck. 3-4 years is a near eternity in keeper leagues. Probably only have a 25% chance of the league still existing by then if it just started.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandals View Post
    Good luck. 3-4 years is a near eternity in keeper leagues. Probably only have a 25% chance of the league still existing by then if it just started.
    I take your point on this for sure. But, I think this league has been around two or three years already, enough for the team I'm taking over to get as bad as it is. A different keeper league I joined two years ago (about to start my third season with them) has been going since 2009, so... maybe looking at 3/4 years is too much, but then in say 2/3 years from now, is it Darling or Hellebuyck? It seems Darling has the starter's role in Carolina for the next 4 years...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

You've had good luck with leagues then. That's great!