Thread: Interesting situation

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Interesting situation

With my team in Sig which may be missing a few I mention I am in a bit of an odd situation.

I have 4 goalies with starting upside. I have Bob,Murray,hellybuck and darling. I am in win now(I feel anyway) and be that way for a long time. Do I trade away Hellybuck to the highest bidder knowing I still have 3 solid options all year and at least for the next 3 yrs or could I get away with selling bob high in case anything happens(injury prone again,disaster after vezina dejavu) and see what kind of forward return I could get? Third option is try to get Hellybuck to my farm with would be hard.

And yes I have tried to move darling but nobody in my league buys that he may become good.

Any ideas would be appreciated
    10 Team Full Keeper.
    Goals:3, Assist:2, PPP/SHP: 1, Hit: .2, Sog: .2 ,Blocks: .2
    Win:3, Shutout: 2, Save: .2, GoalAgainst: -1

Forwards: Gadreau, Monohan, Draisaitl,
    P.Kane,Pastranek,Panarin,Bergeron,Voracek,Kuznetso v,huberdeau

Defence: Hamilton,Doughty,Josi ,Ghost

Goalies: Bob,Helleybuck,Rittich

Farm: Kratsov,Q.Hughes, Suzucki, Whalstrom, puljarvi

Head to Head points based. Keep 3F,2D,1G
    Goals2,Assist1,Gwg1,Hatrick3,ShG1,SGWG1,Pim.2,+/- .5, Ppg1,Shg2

F: Gadreau,Ehlers,Johansen
    D:Risto,Parayko
    G:Vasilevski

The Great One

Default Re: Interesting situation

You're in a full keeper, so why the rush? Reassess after the first quarter of the season. By then you'll have an idea of how things will shake out for Helly and Darling, plus goalie will be in higher demand, which will allow you to get more/better in return.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

That is a best case scenario for me yes. I have an outside chance of that however I am over our roster limit of 20 with the 4 goalies. Hellybuck to the farm is tough because he has to go through waivers in my league

The Magnificent One

How many goalies do you start? I would put him through waivers he won't get through.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Ace

I would try to keep all 4 and wait. Darling and Helly's value will most likely go up anyway and you can get more for them when you do decide to trade.

If you have to move one, I'd trade Hellebuyck to the highest bidder. Bob, Murray, and Darling is a killer trio.
    H2H Dynasty, 16 Team Salary: G, A, PPP, SOG, Hits, BKS, SHTOI, W, Sv%, Saves, GA%, (4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 1G)

C: Crosby, Malkin, Larkin, Hartman, McBain, Joshua
    RW: Rantanen, Konecny, Strome, Batherson, Zetterland
    LW: Buchnevich, Ehlers, Marchessault, Bertuzzi, Acciari
    D: McNabb, Ferraro, Hakanpaa, Lyabushkin, Samuelsson, Bernard-Docker, Emberson
    G: Merzlikens, Daccord, Samsonov
    Prospects: Kurich, Lucius, Pelletier, Cristall, Yurov, Beckman, Brisson, Dean, Phillips, Poitras

The Great One

So, not really a full keep then? Either way, I think you have to keep the four goalies in order to try and corner the market and hit a home run. To have a chance at owning 4 starters in a 10 team league is something I feel you can't pass up. Skaters grow on trees, starting goalies don't.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

We start 2 goalies and lock every week. And the only way I see hellybuck getting through to farm is if they sign a starter for a year or two. Which would make his worth zero to any wanting to put on starting roster. I have thought about trading him to see what I could get but it's not everyday you could possibly have 2 starting goalies on good teams who are under 25. He was a big deal last summer and o was offered guys like pasta but not sure who is get now or go after.

Also don't want to give up one of the next up and coming starters. Although Eric Comrie could steal the show at any time

The Great One

Idx shop them all and then reassess....
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Master

They are all in good positions as starting goaltenders right now, and while it would be hard to lose one, the reality is it sounds like one has to go. Darling would be my choice to trade, but as you've said, your fellow fantasy GMs don't see him as being that good yet. Maybe there is something to be said for that.

Ultimately I think you shop Darling to death, and if nothing gives, then you open it up to any one of the four moving. Wait for the best offer until the last possible minute, and take it.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy