Thread: Goalie Help

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Goalie Help

I have recently taken over a team in a dynasty leauge ... Been loading up on goalie prospects , i have Lack and A.Nillson , wondering if i should drop them (no one wants them in a trade for a pick) or hold onto them and hope their value rises??

I need to drop a player by next week to become legal , but could also snag Zane Mcintyre??

Thoughts

The Great One

Default Re: Goalie Help

Can you wait a couple of weeks to see how Nilsson's situation shakes out? He's a UFA and if put on a team with a weak or injury-prone #1 then he could possibly have a chance to shine. Lack, on the other hand, has been given opportunities and simply looks like he's not an NHL caliber starter and, at age 29, likely won't become one.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Wizard

Drop Lack, pick up Zane. If Nilsson lands on a good situation, then keep him but otherwise drop him as well.

Dobber Sports Ace

Got it ...Thx

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Drop Lack, pick up Zane. If Nilsson lands on a good situation, then keep him but otherwise drop him as well.
    ^ Yeah, exactly what the others said.
    I will put in a disclaimer that I'm not very high on McIntyre, so if you can get an upgrade on him, jump on it.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Master

Lack isn't what we thought he'd be, and I'd drop him like a hot potato. The other two are at least young, and will have the opportunity at some point to prove themselves or not.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Ace

Then Lack goes to a team with one of the best D's in the leauge...lol. If there was ever a time to turn his career around it's this opportunity!!!

Dobber Sports Titan

He's still a backup but definitely a better situation
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Master

Equal footing now with Mcintyre at least who should be the Bruins backup. Still have to see where Nilsson ends up to be able to stay the same. Lack is still the oldest of the group and no trade will change that.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy