Thread: Trading the Cros *Big Trade*

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Trading the Cros *Big Trade*

Crosby/Dell/Jones/Drouin/4-5 for Benn/Holtby/Grub/Marchessault/Arvidsson is the offer on the table. I know I am losing the BPA in Crosby however Benn is no slouch in my format and a tad more valuable given his winger status. I gain 2 prospects that I can send to my farm team which would allow me to keep one of Palat or Johnson as an extra holdover. I get a major boost in goaltending for one of the deepest positions in center which I could easily grab a 60 point C from FA and would likely still come out on top. Thoughts? I crunched the numbers in FHG and I come out on top by a landslide.
    73M Cap, Partial Keeper: 4F(ANY) 2D, 2G, Year : H2H Daily 2C/2LW/2RW/1F/4D/2G, 16 Teams

Pro

C: Eichel Seguin
    LW: Ovechkin, Lee
    RW: Marner, Palmieri Buchnevich, Simmonds
    D: Karlsson Byfuglien, Petry, Muzzin
    G: Rask, Murray Jarry

Farm (Max 200 GP):
    C. White, Vrana, Hischier, Sikura, DeSmith

Stat Categories

Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies
    W(6) L(-1) SHO(5) SV(0.1) GA(-0.2) GAA(Range of -1 to 8) SV%(Range of -1 to 8)
    Twitter:@RogerWi1co

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Trading the Cros *Big Trade*

It could be enough by the numbers etc. but is this an overpay to get sid? I don't think so
    Sid>benn
    Jones<holtby
    Drouin vs arv? I think we need to see what happens but potential and upside favors drouin

Pick and dell for grub and march. Favors you but idk. I'd still want more. Like removing drouin etc more imo to consider it

Dobber Sports Expert

With all due respect, I don't like this at all.

Benn has been declining for a couple of years. Still a great player, but many question marks. Holtby is an upgrade over Jones, but not really one that you need; Jones will get plenty of points. Drouin vs Arvidsson is the difference between an elite talent who will now be given the chance to prove himself vs. a cog in the machine who managed a 60 point season; Drouin by a mile. All this for a couple of prospects who would allow you to keep TJ or Palat? Doesn't make sense to me.

If I am trading Crosby, I am holding out for an objectively gross overpayment, not for a deal that needs to be analyzed to see where the advantage lies.
    13 team Keeper, top 8F, 4D and 2G count. 1pt G/A, 2pt W/SO.
    Protect up to 500 points in a full season
    (K) denotes keeper

Keepers:

F: Draisaitl, Thompson, Thomas, Zuccarello, Konecny, Marchessault Ehlers, O'Reilly, Tarasenko, Perron, Coronato, Seguin, Atkinson, Rossi, Michkov
    D: Q Fox, Sergachev, Dobson, York, Hutson
    G: Vasilevsky, Jarry, Levi

The Great One

Benn is a risky asset to add and no longer in even the same conversation as Crosby, regardless of the format
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Expert

I have an offer of Laine/Gusev/1st/Bobrovsky for M Jones/Crosby

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Smokie View Post
    I think I like this deal better, but would want more than Gusev who may or may not pan out. Laine is going to be good, and Bobrovsky is on a team trending up while Jones and the Sharks are trending down. Would I do it as is...probably not. As someone else already said, it would have to be a gross overpayment for Sid.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Smokie View Post
    Eww... Laine's a sexy name, but not worth moving Sid. Gusev has no value, when's he coming??? right?
    Which Bob do you get next year?

Best way to get full value for Sid... do not package him -- Crosby alone - for. Don't mentally break down, "well Jones equals so and so, therefore, I'm trading Sid for B,C,D"

you DON'T add pieces to elite IMO, you're watering down your return.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4