Thread: Everybody was Spencer Foo fighting...

Dobber Sports Master

Default Everybody was Spencer Foo fighting...

...but Calgary will sign the Hobey Baker finalist on July 1 (officially). Here are some details:

http://nationalpost.com/pmn/sports-p...a-7f5e08faa8fc

So does anyone have any more information or speculation about the collegiate star who is likely going to be in the NHL next year?

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Everybody was Spencer Foo fighting...

62 points in 38 games. 6'0" 180 lbs. I'm intrigued and have a waiver claim in one of my dynasty league teams.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Kid probably tops out as a third liner, similar to Caggiula.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Kid probably tops out as a third liner, similar to Caggiula.
    That's interesting because I see Caggiula as a solid second line wing option. Thanks for the thought though.

Anyone else?

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Titan

I think he's got like a Zach Hyman (Leafs) motor and isn't afraid to go into the corners, but actually has some hands. So he can be a really good 3rd liner that can move up to 2nd line in the best case scenario I think i read.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Sage

Foo and Vecchione were linemates in college. They tore it up.

Looks like Foo will get a shot in the middle-bottom-6 and Vecchione (who I read was the driving force of the two) will have to spend some time in the minors after the draft (and trade(s)) they just had unless they plug him into the 4th line... Might as well let them both develop a bit in the 'A' - I say.

Funny how big of a role opportunity and right timing plays in a players career...
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    That's interesting because I see Caggiula as a solid second line wing option. Thanks for the thought though.

Anyone else?
    I'd agree here. Both are 23, and Foo had his big college season at age 22 whereas Caggiula was already in the NHL. Foo didn't start college hockey until age 20, and his first two seasons were unremarkable.

Foo will likely start in Stockton and could get the call up depending on how he adapts to the pro game. I see him as a top 9 forward who can slide up and down the lineup, but tops out at second or third line / 2nd PP unit. That said, he'll never have a better opportunity than this year to make an impression on the Flames' right side.