Thread: Cargo or Marte? REP!!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Cargo or Marte? REP!!

This team has been in constant flux all season long. It's the one I post about most and it's the one where I just can't seem to stay healthy. VERY frustrating. Here is what Im dealing with now.....

Question is who would you rather own....Cargo on the DL or Marte?

C: Zunino
    1B: Bellinger (LF)
    2B: Kinsler
    3B: Arenado
    SS: Correa
    LF: Haniger
    CF: Hamilton
    RF: Springer
    Util: Bour

BN: Cargo (DL)
    NA: Schwarber

SP: Paxton, Martinez, McCullers, Berrios, Lynn, Hoffman, McCarthy (DL)

DL: Pollock, Gray, Duffy

Pollock and Gray are due back this week/weekend so ideally I could swap them for Cargo and McCarthy for now.

But....I want Marte because he's back mid July and I feel I've managed this long with 85% of a lineup...I can go further.

Here are my options.....

A. Drop Cargo for Marte now. Leave Pollock or Gray on DL while trying to make a 2 for 1 trade (I've been trying for weeks)

B. Drop someone like Bour or Haniger for Marte

C. Wait....risk losing Marte....but Lynn has been terrible and Hoffman could easily be sent down with Gray returning.

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Cargo or Marte? REP!!

I feel like you're not losing too much no matter how you swing it. Basically just go with what optimizes your starting lineup in the short term, as that's all we can really plan for now anyways.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Giant

I'd want Marte over Gonzalez. Even if you could eventually swap Cargo into a DL spot while activating one that's off the DL, you know that you will still find a way to have an extra DL player lingering around in your staring lineup with the string of bad luck you've been dealt this year.

Take the better player and wait a bit longer; he'll give you the edge in SBs whereas Cargo doesn't do much, even when healthy!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Immortal

Great responses guys thanks. I did end up dropping Cargo a few days ago for Marte. Haniger is just not doing it for me in LF....which leads me to my next post....