Thread: What to do with Contracts?

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default What to do with Contracts?

I've started a 12 League with a bunch of guys and we can't decide on what to do about contracts. Were doing a H2H points league with players actual AVV with a 25 man farm team and full 23 player active roster. What do you find works for dealing contracts?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: What to do with Contracts?

Sorry but I don't understand the question. If you're just asking how to manage contracts in your league, then I really hope you're using Fantrax which will take care of that. If that's not what you meant, could you please clarify?

Dobber Sports Newbie

Sorry, we are using Fantrax, and its a Dynasty League, but do you have buyout penalties and do you have "pro draft" at all?

Dobber Sports Wizard

I'm currently playing in both kind of leagues - where you can drop anyone for free at any time, and where you have to use a buyout if you want to drop someone. Both have their pros and cons but the big issue with buyouts is that there's no easy way to manage them on Fantrax, so it requires lots of manual work. If Fantrax adds a buyout feature at some point, then it would be more widely used I think but right now it's just not practical to have buyouts.

I don't understand why you would need a pro draft in a dynasty league.

Dobber Sports Newbie

Yeah, I get now. I don't what I was thinking. Do you use the Free Agent Bidding system?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by TheCammer View Post
    Yeah, I get now. I don't what I was thinking. Do you use the Free Agent Bidding system?
    If you're using real NHL contracts, then there's no reason for any kind of bidding system either. If you want to start using custom contracts, be prepared to do a lot of work with them. Real NHL contracts are very easy to use, you don't need to create any complicated RFA/UFA rules and bidding systems for them. It's just a matter of if you want to have some life outside fantasy hockey or not basically if you're running the league...