Thread: Trade Advice: Schenn + for Scheifele +

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Trade Advice: Schenn + for Scheifele +

Quick run down G, A, PTS, PIM, +/-, H, BLKS, PPP GWG - $130m cap 28 player rosters. I'm not worried about the cap really at all

Keep 12.

I was offered

Leddy, Scheifele & 12th round in redraft

for

Schenn, Faulk, & my 2nd.

I agree, Scheif > Schenn but the rest goes the other way.

We're entering year 2 so I'm very hesitant to move an early pick. There should be room to shuffle picks. My initial thought was, I had Ryan Kesler on my cut list. I was debating keeping him over Leddy if I pulled the trigger, I'd still have Letang, Trouba, Shattenkirk as D keepers.

Leddy is a huge drop off in SOG from Faulk - 100 last year.

Or just stop thinking and pull the trigger?
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Trade Advice: Schenn + for Scheifele +

That pick disparity sucks. If you can get it something closer, I would probably do it. Losing Fualk hurts though. I think you have the depth to pull it off.

If you could get yours down to a 4th or 5th, and his up to a 9th or 10th, then I think I like it.

The Great One

If Leddy is that much of a downgrade you should be asking to take the two D men out of the trade. Why trade for a player you intend to drop? Or ask for a better option than Leddy.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    If Leddy is that much of a downgrade you should be asking to take the two D men out of the trade. Why trade for a player you intend to drop? Or ask for a better option than Leddy.
    Hmm... solid point. I countered, with a double - d swap.. Faulk out - Shattenkirk in -- Leddy out, Weber in, also changed picks to my 5th for his 9th. See what happens. He might be happy to get rid of the 7.8m Weber deal for Shattenkirks 7m deal.

3 year conract length so I'm not concerned about Weber's pending decline.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Deals done... My Schenn/Faulk for his DeAngelo/Scheifele... I get to carry DeAngelo in the minors as long as I wish without penalty or counting as a keeper.

moving 2 keepers out for one, I sub in Ryan Kesler as my 12th.

I had flipped out Forsberg for W.Nylander a couple weeks ago, so I can take the extra salary without really much issue.