Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Panarin / Guentzel - Too good to let go?

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Panarin / Guentzel - Too good to let go?

Rizzee: I didn't realize this, but after a quick search here are the active regular season SV % leaders:

Tuukka Rask: .923
    Cory Schneider: .922
    Braden Holtby: .922
    Carey Price: .920
    Sergei Bobrovsky: .920

Cam Talbot's career save% is .922, good for a tie for 2nd in league, but he has only played 186 games and the list requires at least 200 games played to qualify. So maybe we can hope for more than a very good but not superb GAA from Talbot long-term? We'll see.

http://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/records/nhl-active-goalies-all-time-save-percentage-leaders.html

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    Rizzee: I didn't realize this, but after a quick search here are the active regular season SV % leaders:

Tuukka Rask: .923
    Cory Schneider: .922
    Braden Holtby: .922
    Carey Price: .920
    Sergei Bobrovsky: .920

Cam Talbot's career save% is .922, good for a tie for 2nd in league, but he has only played 186 games and the list requires at least 200 games played to qualify. So maybe we can hope for more than a very good but not superb GAA from Talbot long-term? We'll see.

http://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/records/nhl-active-goalies-all-time-save-percentage-leaders.html
    Much of that was as a back-up against not always top notch competition. It is difficult to have stellar GAA and SV% when playing for high-powered offensive teams since although he'll still get his share of shutouts and 1 goal games, he's somewhat more likely to get saddled with 6-5 and 5-4 wins, which bruise his SV% and GAA.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Much of that was as a back-up against not always top notch competition. It is difficult to have stellar GAA and SV% when playing for high-powered offensive teams since although he'll still get his share of shutouts and 1 goal games, he's somewhat more likely to get saddled with 6-5 and 5-4 wins, which bruise his SV% and GAA.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I like what you did here, sticking to your guns. The other guy was probably shooting for the moon trying to get Panarin and Guentzel and Giroux from you while giving up Pavelski and Talbot and Domi in return.

The deal you ended up making was much more equitable. Even if Guentzel continues to be studly into the future I still think it's the right deal.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    I like what you did here, sticking to your guns. The other guy was probably shooting for the moon trying to get Panarin and Guentzel and Giroux from you while giving up Pavelski and Talbot and Domi in return.

The deal you ended up making was much more equitable. Even if Guentzel continues to be studly into the future I still think it's the right deal.
    Thanks Karm!

Dobber Sports Genius

The original was a fair offer, the simplified deal you ended up with is much better though. I like it.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Agreed, like the deal you pulled off much more than the original you proposed. Well done!