Thread: Kneel Before Saad!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Kneel Before Saad!

So, with Saad's return to the Hawks, how will this impact some of the newer guys who got some good opportunities last year? I'm curious if this will impact a guy like Hartman. What are some thoughts on this?

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Kneel Before Saad!

Towes, Kane, Panarin, and Anisimov I guess seemed to be the only top 6 locks for the Hawks. Saad obviously should take Panarins spot up there. The rest I would say is thrown in the blender like Coach Q often does. Hartman and Schmaltz should be some of the beneficiaries but Panik will likely steal time from one of them as well.

Personally I'd steer clear of this complimentary players unless they can be had at bargain prices.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Prodigy

i just want to say that because of this thread I want to trade for Saad and rename my team.

Dobber Sports Pro

I think most likely Panik plays top line with Toews/Saad and Schmaltz plays 2nd line with Kane/Anisimov, with Hartman mostly playing 3rd line. Panik and Hartman might get juggled around a bit, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Schmaltz get the Panarin treatment and play almost exclusively with Kane for most of the season, unless he shows he can't handle it.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymanG23 View Post
    Towes, Kane, Panarin, and Anisimov I guess seemed to be the only top 6 locks for the Hawks. Saad obviously should take Panarins spot up there. The rest I would say is thrown in the blender like Coach Q often does. Hartman and Schmaltz should be some of the beneficiaries but Panik will likely steal time from one of them as well.

Personally I'd steer clear of this complimentary players unless they can be had at bargain prices.
    Panarin is not there anymore
    6 teams dynasty pool,points only,no pos. for F, Keep All, 12F, 6D, 2G count.....backup=6F, 4D, 2G, 4 roster moves( 2 at 30th game and 2 at NHL deadline)
    F- , P. Kane,Eichel, DeBrincat, Kopitar, Wheeler, Kuznetsov, Point, Huberdeau, Verhaghe, Bergeron,Keller, Batherson, Schmaltz, W.Nylander, Buchnevich,Rantanen
    D- Makar, Gostisbehere, Carlson, Burns, Barrie, M. Rielly, Hronek, DeAngelo, KA Miller
    G- Vasilevskyi, Sorokin, Campbell, Markstrom
    Farm: Lundell, Guenther, Holtz, Glass, E. Svechnikov, Denisenko, Newhook, Heponiemi, Lauko,Neighbours, Bokk N. Foote, Borgstrom, Dahlen, Bokk, S. Poulin, Zelleweger, Liljegren, Heinola, Perunovich, S. Knight.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by sharpp87 View Post
    Panarin is not there anymore
    He said "seemed", and said that Saad will take Panarin's spot there.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    He said "seemed", and said that Saad will take Panarin's spot there.
    didnt read all hehe !!

oupsss !!!

Its monday !!!
    6 teams dynasty pool,points only,no pos. for F, Keep All, 12F, 6D, 2G count.....backup=6F, 4D, 2G, 4 roster moves( 2 at 30th game and 2 at NHL deadline)
    F- , P. Kane,Eichel, DeBrincat, Kopitar, Wheeler, Kuznetsov, Point, Huberdeau, Verhaghe, Bergeron,Keller, Batherson, Schmaltz, W.Nylander, Buchnevich,Rantanen
    D- Makar, Gostisbehere, Carlson, Burns, Barrie, M. Rielly, Hronek, DeAngelo, KA Miller
    G- Vasilevskyi, Sorokin, Campbell, Markstrom
    Farm: Lundell, Guenther, Holtz, Glass, E. Svechnikov, Denisenko, Newhook, Heponiemi, Lauko,Neighbours, Bokk N. Foote, Borgstrom, Dahlen, Bokk, S. Poulin, Zelleweger, Liljegren, Heinola, Perunovich, S. Knight.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Does anyone think it is unrealistic to see Saad put up 70 points this season?
    DobberProspects Writer: Ex-Tampa Bay Lightning Prospects, Current New York Rangers Prospects @olaf1393

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by olafson1393 View Post
    Does anyone think it is unrealistic to see Saad put up 70 points this season?
    Yes, I think it is unrealistic. His last 4 years he scored 47, 52, 53, 53. Unless for some reason he spent the majority of the season opposite Kane I wouldn't expect anything more than 55-60 pts. 70+ would surprise me greatly.

Dobber Sports Deity

Unrealistic? No.

Probable? I'd say unlikely.

If all works for him I can see him around 60 pts, give or take a few.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

I'll back up a bit from my initial response. I guess it depends on what you mean by "unrealistic".

Definition of realistic: "having or showing a sensible and practical idea of what can be achieved or expected"

I think it would not be sensible or practical to expect Saad to score 70+ points. I suppose it is sensible and practical to believe that it is possible he could score 70+, so like Axeman said from that standpoint it is not strictly unrealistic.

If someone asked me if it was unrealistic for Clayton Keller to score 70+ this year I would say yes. I wouldn't mean that it is completely impossible, but just that it is very unlikely and shouldn't be expected.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Awesome replies guys. I have a vested interest in a few of the players mentioned and all responses are making me happy with my situation going into the season!

REP top ALL!!!

Dobber Sports All-Star

I may be biased, as I like Saad quite a bit, but I think his floor is between 60-65 points this season in his new situation with Chicago. I would be surprised by anything less than 60 if he stays healthy.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen