Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tristan Jarry

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Tristan Jarry

I got offered three(3) 3rd round 2018 picks in my league's prospect draft for Tristan Jarry. These picks would be actual NHL picks in the range of 41-60.

I think Jarry has a legit chance of being the backup in Pittsburgh this year, barring a backup acquisition by them. So, I sort of want to keep him. But, on the other hand, the talent in the 2018 draft is suppose to be deep and good. Just wondering if this is a fair return for Jarry? Unless he is traded, I foresee him as a backup to Murray for the foreseeable next several or more years. Opinions? League info in signature.
    Column writer at @GoaliePost

https://goaliepost.com/

An avid Chicago sports fan. Craft beer connoisseur. Fantasy sports addict.

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Tristan Jarry

I dont think the value in those picks are good enough to tempt me to move Jarry. Deep or not, I don't think the talent will get THAT deep to warrant moving Jarry.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

I can't imagine Pittsburgh will go with Murray/Jarry tandem next year. They are 23 and 22 years old. I'm sure Pens will sign a cheap veteran backup behind Murray. But I agree Axeman, Jarry worth more, even if he will be in the AHL in the next two years.

I wouldn't deal Jarry for 3rd rounders, with Matt Murrays injury history you never know if Jarry could end up playing 20 games or up to 50
    14 Team (H2H Points) Dynasty League

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Eichel, Zibanejad
    LW: E.Kane, Panarin, Huberdeau, Marchand, Landeskog
    RW: Rantanen, Zuccarello
    D: Makar, Dahlin, Chychrun, Drysdale
    G: Shesterkin, Saros, Markstrom
    Prospects: Carlsson, Raty, Berggren, Miroshnichenko, Othmann, Clarke, Gulyayev, Nikishin, Wallstadt, Wolf

16 Team (H2H Points) Dynasty League

C: MacKinnon, Zibanejad, Duchene, Schenn, Johansen, Monahan, Krebs, Pageau
    LW: E.Kane, Pacioretty, Vrana, Hoffman
    RW: Tuch, Stone, Wilson, Batherson, Sprong, Gallagher, Wahlstrom
    D: Dahlin, Hamilton, Letang, Dumba, Kylington, Liljegren
    G: Allen
    Prospects: Byfield, Guenther, Rossi, Perreault, Nikishin

The Great One

It's a meh move for me... I can believe the Lens bring in a vet (a little like they did with Vokoun a few years ago) so Jarry's value takes a step back but deep draft of lot those 3rd rounders won't be NHL players for at least three seasons...
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

That is along my way of thinking as well. I think he is worth more than that. I don't mind waiting on prospects though. Jarry is more established and proven. 2018 draft picks in that range are a crap shoot.
    Column writer at @GoaliePost

https://goaliepost.com/

An avid Chicago sports fan. Craft beer connoisseur. Fantasy sports addict.

Dobber Sports Superstar

See if there is a second rounder available - go 2 , 3 , & 4th. Think Murray is going to be in Pit for a while. draft a top prospect G at 2
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Magicstew View Post
    See if there is a second rounder available - go 2 , 3 , & 4th. Think Murray is going to be in Pit for a while. draft a top prospect G at 2
    If Jarry is good enough, he'll get traded out of Pittsburgh. And I think he is good enough, so I wouldn't trade him unless there was at least one 1st round pick coming my way.

The Great One

Keep Jarry. Drafting another goalie is useless given how long they take to develop. Advice above is good; ask for a 1st rounder.

Dobber Sports Titan

Not even close I don't think. Lottery tickets is not the return you want for a solid prospect goalie.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I thought I'd revive this thread instead of starting a new one.

I currently own Niemi (team in signature below) and was thinking to drop him and try to draft Jarry in the 2nd or 3rd round. My 1st round pick guarantees me one of Hischier, Point, Boeser, Patrick, Shipachyov or Darling.

My rationale is that if Murray goes down with injury, Jarry gets called up and quickly outplays terrible Niemi. If Jarry gets traded, that's possibly even better.

Is my approach flawed?

P.S. I have 5 drops to make, so dropping Niemi would avoid me dropping one of Hertl, Teravainen or Hornqvist.
    ESPN keeper league (5 rounds draft; 3 FA pickups per year; points for G, A, W, SO)

Forwards: Ovechkin, McDavid, Huberdeau, Voracek, Boeser, Wennberg, Galchenyuk, Tkachuk, Keller, Arvidsson, Teravainen, Rantanen
    D-men: Letang, Keith, Krug, Ellis, Ekblad, Hanifin
    Goalies: Murray, Hellebuyck

Bench: Hertl, Bjorkstrand, Gallagher, Domi, Tolvanen, Niskanen, Chychrun, Darling, Mrazek, Jarry

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Poutine View Post
    I thought I'd revive this thread instead of starting a new one.

I currently own Niemi (team in signature below) and was thinking to drop him and try to draft Jarry in the 2nd or 3rd round. My 1st round pick guarantees me one of Hischier, Point, Boeser, Patrick, Shipachyov or Darling.

My rationale is that if Murray goes down with injury, Jarry gets called up and quickly outplays terrible Niemi. If Jarry gets traded, that's possibly even better.

Is my approach flawed?

P.S. I have 5 drops to make, so dropping Niemi would avoid me dropping one of Hertl, Teravainen or Hornqvist.
    Drop Niemi and keep Horny.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Drop Niemi and keep Horny.
    Do this. Jarry is a nice prospect and a solid lotto ticket in a deep league, but I wouldn't draft him banking on starts next year. Too many variables there with Murray getting hurt and Neimi sucking.

.... although as I write that, those are both pretty probable.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by FinnishFlash View Post
    .... although as I write that, those are both pretty probable.
    Haha I know, I went through the same though process. With the goalies I have, I need insurance if Murray goes down. But yes, I'll be targeting Jarry and dropping Niemi.
    ESPN keeper league (5 rounds draft; 3 FA pickups per year; points for G, A, W, SO)

Forwards: Ovechkin, McDavid, Huberdeau, Voracek, Boeser, Wennberg, Galchenyuk, Tkachuk, Keller, Arvidsson, Teravainen, Rantanen
    D-men: Letang, Keith, Krug, Ellis, Ekblad, Hanifin
    Goalies: Murray, Hellebuyck

Bench: Hertl, Bjorkstrand, Gallagher, Domi, Tolvanen, Niskanen, Chychrun, Darling, Mrazek, Jarry

Dobber Sports Monster

nah, 3 napkins for a decent piece. keep jarry