Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Shesterkin

I know he won't be over (If he ever does) till the 2018/2019 Season but does it seem the door is wide open for him to take over from Henrik?

With Raanta gone there aren't really any long term options.

Thoughts?
    12 Team HTH Keeper
    (F's G=1 A=1, D G=1 A=1, All Skaters PPG=.5, SHG=.5 Goalies W=2 SO=3)

Dress 8 F, 4 D, 2 G weekly

F's-Marner, Rantanen, Crosby, Panarin, Guentzel, Caufield, Kaprizov, Lundell, Tomasino, Holtz, Pavelski, Zuccarello, Hagel, Dach

D-Makar, Josi, Doughty Andersson, AP, Hutson

G-Hellebuyck, Fleury, Comrie, Kochetkov, Wolf, Primeau, Sogaard

The Great One

Default Re: Shesterkin

The Rangers are a curious beast though - letting Raanta go is a short term mistake (especially after Gorton's words on draft day saying they are on a partial rebuild) but they have always shown the ability to buy themselves out of such mistakes even in a cap world. It's probably worth pointing out that Nash's contract is up next season and though they have some other free agents to re up but I think they can 'fix' this
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Shestyorkin's KHL contract is all the way to year 2020, so I wouldn't expect him to leave Russia before that. He'll be 24 at that point (turning 25 later that year), so he should be ready to become a starting goalie quite quickly after that, though.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I want him to come over, I know he was playing for a loaded SKA team but his stats are off the charts. Rangers have always seemed to do well in the defense and goal ranks plus Benoit Allaire is a magician with goalies.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Svech,Thoma s,ChandlerS.,Jenner,Couts,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Gudas,Harley
    G:Jarry,Ingram,Kotchetkov
    IR:Murphy,Rust,Guentzel

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Schmaltz
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Lehkonen
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov
    IR: Zegras,Norris,Vilardi,Kempe

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Shestyorkin's KHL contract is all the way to year 2020, so I wouldn't expect him to leave Russia before that. He'll be 24 at that point (turning 25 later that year), so he should be ready to become a starting goalie quite quickly after that, though.
    I did not know this at all. Has he made any commitments for coming over to NA?
    12 Team HTH Keeper
    (F's G=1 A=1, D G=1 A=1, All Skaters PPG=.5, SHG=.5 Goalies W=2 SO=3)

Dress 8 F, 4 D, 2 G weekly

F's-Marner, Rantanen, Crosby, Panarin, Guentzel, Caufield, Kaprizov, Lundell, Tomasino, Holtz, Pavelski, Zuccarello, Hagel, Dach

D-Makar, Josi, Doughty Andersson, AP, Hutson

G-Hellebuyck, Fleury, Comrie, Kochetkov, Wolf, Primeau, Sogaard

Dobber Sports Stud

the rangers do have two other good goalie prospects in Brandon Halverson and adam huska, but shestyorkin is definitely the most talented of the three. if he comes over, i'm sure he'll be groomed as the future starter.
    with the rangers, it's just going to be a matter of timing. whoever is the backup (or top prospect) when Henrik is done will get the starter's job. they've got the best goalie coach in the league, so their backup will always be good, plus they're always going to be looking for a backup who can give Henrik enough rest, so it's always gotta be a solid backup anyways.
    if lundy would have been done a couple of years ago, Talbot would have been the starter. if he'd be done now, it would have been raanta. it'll all depend on who's the backup when he's done. if he plays for another 10 years, then all those prospects will be long gone!!!

GET WELL SOON, DOBBER.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Yonald View Post
    I did not know this at all. Has he made any commitments for coming over to NA?
    Not that I know of. The problem for the Rangers will be that in 2020, KHL teams will be offering huge money to Shestyorkin if he stays in Russia while the Rangers can only offer him an ELC (although I think it's only for 1 year). So Shestyorkin will need to leave a lot of money on the table if he wants to play in the NHL. I know the NHL is the best league in the world and everyone should want to play there but it's not always easy to leave millions on the table. I have no idea what will happen, just saying what the Rangers are up against.

Dobber Sports Superstar

going back to the draft where they dealt Talbot I honestly as much as I love the man wish it was Henrik, the haul would've been massive.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Svech,Thoma s,ChandlerS.,Jenner,Couts,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Gudas,Harley
    G:Jarry,Ingram,Kotchetkov
    IR:Murphy,Rust,Guentzel

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Schmaltz
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Lehkonen
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov
    IR: Zegras,Norris,Vilardi,Kempe

Dobber Sports Monster

still a few years away but i tink he is the best goalie prospect out there, yes better than sorokin but goalie prospects are hit and miss so don't overpay. good luck

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    still a few years away but i tink he is the best goalie prospect out there, yes better than sorokin but goalie prospects are hit and miss so don't overpay. good luck
    Agreed

If I had to pick 1 goalie prospect to own knowing he would come over, it would be Shesterkin.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Goalies are voodoo at the best of times. Add in the KHL factor and you have voodoo and mysticism mixed in. I'd let someone else wait forever for Igor.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandals View Post
    Goalies are voodoo at the best of times. Add in the KHL factor and you have voodoo and mysticism mixed in. I'd let someone else wait forever for Igor.
    This, I dealt him straight for Pekka. Eventually this could backfire but by 2020 there will be several other 19 year old Igor's.
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    G A Pt PIM SoG PPP H+B FOW DZS
    W Svs GAA Sv%

C Scheifele Tavares Dvorack Eller
    LW Domi Aho Ritchie Vrana
    RW Tarasenko J Williams Laine Sheary
    D Klefbom M Rielly Spurgeon Provorov Ellis Dahlin
    R White Kase Schmaltz Thomas Anston-Reese Lindell Theodore

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper

M Bjork Raddysh Kravtsov Ylonen Soderstorm Gilles Gustavsson Point Khakonen Delia Hill

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    Agreed

If I had to pick 1 goalie prospect to own knowing he would come over, it would be Shesterkin.
    yep. not to take anything away from sorokin, but sorokin arguably has the better team in front of him, well they are on paper the most stacked team in the khl. am a fan of sorokin don't get me wrong and think he can become a very good goalie in the nhl

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    yep. not to take anything away from sorokin, but sorokin arguably has the better team in front of him, well they are on paper the most stacked team in the khl. am a fan of sorokin don't get me wrong and think he can become a very good goalie in the nhl
    Once again, this is just completely false. SKA is a much better team, and Shestyorkin plays there. Last year, they had Shipachyov, Datsyuk, Kovalchuk, Gusev and Dadonov at forward just to name their top guys who pretty much everyone recognizes. Datsyuk is the only one from that list who wasn't over point-per-game. And their top D-men were Slava Voynov, Anton Belov, Maxim Chudinov and Patrik Hersley. Those are all star D-men in the KHL.

CSKA (Sorokin's team) is a good team but not nearly as good as SKA is. Their top point producer last year was Kirill Petrov... with 37 points in 53 games. How exactly is that team stacked?

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'm a fan of Shestyorkin. Unfortunately I do not own any shares of him in any leagues though.