Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: (Imagined) Petr Mrazek to Flyers

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default (Imagined) Petr Mrazek to Flyers

Anyone think this is even a remotely good imagined idea?

Wings trade Mrazek to Flyers for Sean Couturier?

Flyers need a goalie and sure there other options out there, but one has to think Mrazek is an option here?
    Wings can use a center with Sheahan likely gone and the Wings C's are old.
    Flyers just added Lehtera and Patrick to with G and Filppula.

Flyers signed Couturier to a long-term deal not long ago, however things can change?

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: (Imagined) Petr Mrazek to Flyers

I dont think the Flyers would do that. They just moved Schenn who played some center for them and Couturier is a really good two way center who I think they know can play #2 C minutes. And I think they will look at the UFA goalies before turning to the trade market. Detroit seem to be unhappy with Mrazeks attitude so I dont think teams are lining up for him.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Wizard

If there was any interest in Mrazek, Vegas would have drafted and flipped him. Red Wings may need to give him away for free if they want to get rid of him.

Dobber Sports Stud

I think the flyers are gonna platoon brian Elliott with Michal neuvirth. that should get them through the next couple of years till their top goalie prospects are really to take the next step.
    I could also see them going after jonathan bernier instead of Elliott.

GET WELL SOON, DOBBER.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I agree with the others that Mrazek has little to no trade value at the moment and I don't see the Flyers targeting him. There are several UFA options with Bern,Elliott,johnson, and Lehner(RFA) as the most likely. One thing to add is Hexy is on record, not seeming very high on Stolarz. We all know goalie development is hard to track so it's anybodies guess on who the Flyers goalie of the future will be. I sure hope Hart or Sandstrom continue to rise.
    5.5X Champs
    20 Team Dynasty (Unique Cap) H2H 23 Man roster - 20 Minor
    G,A,SOG,PIM,HIT,BLK,FO%,2G+A,D-pts,STG,GWG+SHP+ShootoutG
    W,SV%,GAA,SO Start 4 C,LW,RW/6D/2G Min 3 start/ 3Bench/6IR

C-Hischier,W.Nylander,
    Benn
    LW-Guentzel,B.Tkachuk
    ,Marchand,Gaudreau
    RW-A.Svechnikov,M.Tkachuk,Duclair,Mantha
    D-Provorov,McAvoy,Gudas,Doughty,Dunn,McDonagh
    G-Hart,Vanecek
    B-
    Brannstrom,Crouse
    Prospects
    Rossi,Berggren,Sillinger,Giv.Smith,Perreault,Kaspe r,Gauthier,Miroshnichenko,R.Johnson
    Perunovich,Salo,Capobianco,Mackey,Woo,Benning,A.Jo hansson,Thrun
    Skinner,Martin,Ingram,Fedotov
    ​Entry Draft 5 Rds [<60gp] '23 2,3,3,5
    Cap 77.82M/82.5M

Twitter @MatsonHockey

Dobber Sports Master

mrazek shouldnt cost the flyers couturier if they wanted to head down that road.

I was surprised that vegas didnt have someone interested in doing a flip deal for mrazek after the ED but now I'm starting to hear about attitude problems so hmmmm

seems to be alot of stop gap options out there or maybe its time for stollie to play 50-50 with neuvie

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    or maybe its time for stollie to play 50-50 with neuvie
    This does not sound like a vote of confidence for a 50/50 split

“We’ll see if we find an option for us that’s better for us short-term,” Hextall said. “Stolie’s an option. Is he the best option? I don’t know if I can quite say that. He’s young. Neuvy, we all know the history of injuries. I’m not sure if I’m comfortable with Stolie, and him given Neuvy’s history of injuries — and Stolie’s inexperience — [and] putting them both together.”

5.5X Champs
    20 Team Dynasty (Unique Cap) H2H 23 Man roster - 20 Minor
    G,A,SOG,PIM,HIT,BLK,FO%,2G+A,D-pts,STG,GWG+SHP+ShootoutG
    W,SV%,GAA,SO Start 4 C,LW,RW/6D/2G Min 3 start/ 3Bench/6IR

C-Hischier,W.Nylander,
    Benn
    LW-Guentzel,B.Tkachuk
    ,Marchand,Gaudreau
    RW-A.Svechnikov,M.Tkachuk,Duclair,Mantha
    D-Provorov,McAvoy,Gudas,Doughty,Dunn,McDonagh
    G-Hart,Vanecek
    B-
    Brannstrom,Crouse
    Prospects
    Rossi,Berggren,Sillinger,Giv.Smith,Perreault,Kaspe r,Gauthier,Miroshnichenko,R.Johnson
    Perunovich,Salo,Capobianco,Mackey,Woo,Benning,A.Jo hansson,Thrun
    Skinner,Martin,Ingram,Fedotov
    ​Entry Draft 5 Rds [<60gp] '23 2,3,3,5
    Cap 77.82M/82.5M

Twitter @MatsonHockey

Dobber Sports Stud

Is Mason not going to be brought back?

Could Ryan Miller be that short term guy? I know he prefers to play on the west coast, but that may not be an option for him
    12 Team HTH Keeper
    (F's G=1 A=1, D G=1 A=1, All Skaters PPG=.5, SHG=.5 Goalies W=2 SO=3)

Dress 8 F, 4 D, 2 G weekly

F's-Marner, Rantanen, Crosby, Panarin, Guentzel, Caufield, Kaprizov, Lundell, Tomasino, Holtz, Pavelski, Zuccarello, Hagel, Dach

D-Makar, Josi, Doughty Andersson, AP, Hutson

G-Hellebuyck, Fleury, Comrie, Kochetkov, Wolf, Primeau, Sogaard

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Yonald View Post
    Is Mason not going to be brought back?

Could Ryan Miller be that short term guy? I know he prefers to play on the west coast, but that may not be an option for him
    I am pretty sure I read that the Flyers were not going to bring Mason back.

Vancouver has already offered Miller an incentive based contract and I think he would take that before moving to the East Coast to play for Philly. He's pretty set on staying out West.

As far as Mrazek goes, Detroit exposed him for a reason. I don't know if anyone else wants him right now at $4M for this upcoming season either. Not to mention he's a RFA at the end of next season. Simply put, there are other options who are just as good, if not better, than Mrazek for less money.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Feel for Mrazek.. Hero to zero so quickly... Now he is no Hammond and will bounce back but have to wonder how quickly that happens but I think he ends up being one of the best non moves that Detroit makes
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Feel for Mrazek.. Hero to zero so quickly... Now he is no Hammond and will bounce back but have to wonder how quickly that happens but I think he ends up being one of the best non moves that Detroit makes
    Detroit will need to trade one of their goalies because they don't want to put Jared Coreau on waivers (they would lose him), and Coreau is also signed to a 1-way contract, so they're definitely planning on keeping him up next season.

The Great One

Or trading him

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Or trading him
    Coreau was also available for Vegas but they didn't take him, most likely because no other team showed interest in him. So again, Detroit is not likely going to get anything good for him. If they're in a situation where they just want to get rid of one goalie, I doubt it's going to be the cheaper Coreau. Most likely scenario IMO is that they give Mrazek away for free.

Dobber Sports Stud

still plenty of other options out there for Philly to consider in nets that DON'T cost them a player of Couterier's mold
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Coreau was also available for Vegas but they didn't take him, most likely because no other team showed interest in him. So again, Detroit is not likely going to get anything good for him. If they're in a situation where they just want to get rid of one goalie, I doubt it's going to be the cheaper Coreau. Most likely scenario IMO is that they give Mrazek away for free.
    In fairness when you consider they took Fleury, Pickard and a heavily incdntivised Berube I can understand why they left Coreau on the table - not sure the expansion draft is an indicator of value. Probably worth pointing out who would return 'less value' if they moved a goalie between Howard, Mrazek or Coreau right now...