Thread: Blockbuster Involving Kane, Tarasenko, Seguin ++++ NEED ADVICE

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Blockbuster Involving Kane, Tarasenko, Seguin ++++ NEED ADVICE

For the league in my sig.

I was just offered: Patrick Kane, Seguin, Montour and Vesey
    For my: Tarasenko, Tavares, and Panarin

I believe I am going to deny that, I see Kane/Seguin being equal to Tank/Tavares and I don't think Montour/Vesey is enough for Panarin.

I am thinking of two counter options..

#1: Kane, Seguin, Marner
    for Tarasenko, Tavares, Panarin and (maybe a throw-in of somebody like Muzzin/Jost)

or #2:Kane, Seguin, Montour, Rielly
    For Tarasenko, Tavares and Panarin

Thoughts on original offer?

Thoughts on my counter options?

I am pushing for a championship this year, but don't want to give up my future (even though all the pieces here are similar in age)

Thanks in advance!
    - 12 team, 40 keeper dynasty league
    - Scoring categories for skaters: G, A, PIM, HIT, BLK, STP, FOW, SOG, +/-, DEF, ATOI
    - Scoring categories for goalies: W, SV, SV%, SO, GAA
    - Start 12F, 6D, 3UTIL, 3 min goalie starts a week
    - Starters in bold

Forwards: MacKinnon, Tarasenko, Tavares, Panarin, Johansen, Ehlers, E. Kane, Lee, Huberdeau, Horvat, Kessel, Pastrnak, Keller, Pacioretty, Meier, Fabbri, Sikura, Zacha, Burakovsky, Spooner, Jost, Roussel, Kaprizov, Cirelli, Berglund,

Defense: Pietrangelo, Parayko, Dumba, Faulk, Provorov, Muzzin, McAvoy, Carlson, Nurse, Del Zotto, Borowiecki, Russell

Goalies: Jones, Vasilevskiy, Raanta, Keumper, Remier, Demko

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Blockbuster Involving Kane, Tarasenko, Seguin ++++ NEED ADVICE

Definitely want something better than Vesey. You need a more established player in that slot. Counter option #1 looks pretty good to me.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Counter option #1 seems pretty fair, but I'm left asking myself why?

Are you not just as well off without making the trade? If he throws in that extra piece like Muzzin then sure, there is your net gain. Or unless you are really high on Dallas/Seguin or something like that. You don't seem to satisfy any positional or statistical need.
    Are you making a trade for any reason other than that you were made an offer?

I would be saying no to the original offer and no to counter option #2. With the DEF bonus in your league, I see where you are going with counter #2, but we really don't know what the leafs blue lines plans are. aitsev just got a nice contract, Gardiner has been one of their better blue line performers to date. I don't see Reilly and Montour to be as sure of a thing as Panarin is.

Dobber Sports Genius

I like counter #1 if you can make that swing.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

The Great One

If you took Vesey who does he oush out...?
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    If you took Vesey who does he oush out...?
    I do have an open roster spot, but I'm really not high on Vesey at all. I see him putting up 50 points in his career year
    - Scoring categories for skaters: G, A, PIM, HIT, BLK, STP, FOW, SOG, +/-, DEF, ATOI
    - Starters in bold

Forwards: MacKinnon, Tarasenko, Tavares, Panarin, Johansen, Ehlers, E. Kane, Lee, Huberdeau, Horvat, Kessel, Pastrnak, Keller, Pacioretty, Meier, Fabbri, Sikura, Zacha, Burakovsky, Spooner, Jost, Roussel, Kaprizov, Cirelli, Berglund,

Defense: Pietrangelo, Parayko, Dumba, Faulk, Provorov, Muzzin, McAvoy, Carlson, Nurse, Del Zotto, Borowiecki, Russell

The Great One

Totally agree with that summary of him but if waiver wire is empty, and drops carry penalties etc then he can carry some value but seems not in this case and with that I'd decline
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

The Great One

I would decline the trade.

The first counter offer is reasonable. Of course, he'll want to use that as a starting point and will offer less. So don't include the extra piece to start.

Dobber Sports Master

If you are going to counter, then I'd pursue the first option. However, I think this trade is more about making a trade than getting better. I'd probably stay put unless he is willing to add the extra piece in your favour.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

For me the trade would be to get Marner (who I think will be almost PPG next year).

What at if I threw in Kaprizov instead of Jost? Looking like I might have to.
    - Starters in bold

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by flyers0101 View Post
    For me the trade would be to get Marner (who I think will be almost PPG next year).

Then you are giving him the extra asset. Nope. No deal. Don't lose this deal because of your love for Marner. I'm a Leafs fan, and traded Marner for Tarasenko and 2nd round pick prior to last season. It sucked giving away the kid, but I had my best finish ever, and beat the guy I made the deal with by pretty much the same amount of points that Tarasenko actually out scored Marner this past year. I know that may not always be the case, but if you want to win, you certainly can't let your love of a real team or player override what makes your fantasy team better.

F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by flyers0101 View Post

Then you are giving him the extra asset. Nope. No deal. Don't lose this deal because of your love for Marner. I'm a Leafs fan, and traded Marner for Tarasenko and 2nd round pick prior to last season. It sucked giving away the kid, but I had my best finish ever, and beat the guy I made the deal with by pretty much the same amount of points that Tarasenko actually out scored Marner this past year. I know that may not always be the case, but if you want to win, you certainly can't let your love of a real team or player override what makes your fantasy team better.

Trade keeps getting altered.. what if it was the same trade but it was Kane, Seguin and two of Guentzel/Montour/ Bura for my three?
    - Starters in bold

Dobber Sports Genius

His first offer is a big pass and so far the best option looks like a lateral move. Try an offer like this...

Kane, Seguin, Marner and Guentzel
    for Tarasenko, Tavares, Panarin and one of Jost/Boeser/Kaprizov
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar